FCC Strategy Question

The Sasquatch

DIS Veteran
I am on the 10/2 Dream which I think the writing is on the wall that it wont go, so...

What I need to know is, can I book a new 2021 reservation now and when/if my 2020 is cancelled, I can apply my 125% to that booking.

there is some discrepancy out there that you can only apply the 125% to a new reservation meaning I have to get it applied to my account so I can apply it when I make the reservation.

does anyone know?

I have the same question. I feel like I'm going to miss out on the late 2021 itinerary release because DCL refuses to cancel the 10/02 Dream cruise that they know is not going to sail. Can you use FCC to pay off a future cruise you already have booked or does it have to be a brand new booking? I read the cancellation letter/e-mail/notice from previous DCL cancellations and it just says to be used towards a future cruise, doesn't mention the words new booking. If anyone has been able to use their FCC to pay off an already existing reservation, could you please let us know. Thanks in advance.

I am on the 10/2 Dream which I think the writing is on the wall that it wont go, so...

What I need to know is, can I book a new 2021 reservation now and when/if my 2020 is cancelled, I can apply my 125% to that booking.

there is some discrepancy out there that you can only apply the 125% to a new reservation meaning I have to get it applied to my account so I can apply it when I make the reservation.

does anyone know?
I was able to apply the FCC for my cancelled cruise to an existing reservation.

And taking this question a few steps further--I booked our EBPC cruise using a placeholder(this one had OBC.) I have another placeholder that I can use to book on Monday (this one does not have OBC.) If my current cruise cancels, can I apply it to a cruise that was booked with a placeholder, and get the additional OBC from the original cruise? And is it true that if my cruise cancels in the future, and I decide to upgrade with the additional FCC, I will still get opening day prices? Thanks! This is making my head spin.

I'm pretty sure if you book a cruise with the FCC, and they cancel your cruise, you only get the original amount back or if you want FCC they base the amount off of that. So if your original cruise was $3,200 and it was canceled and you got $4,000 to use as FCC and booked another cruise using that full amount. If that 2nd cruise is cancelled, and they offer you FCC again, it will still be based off the original $3,200 price not the $4,000 value of the 2nd cruise. The CM was very clear that if we cancelled the cruise that we booked with FCC that we would only get back original cruise price in refund, Not any of the extra FCC that was used to book that cruise.

Psy

If the October 2020 cruise was your original cruise, should not be a problem to apply FCC to a cruise you have booked in 2021 when they cancel the 2020 one. The issue gets more complicated if you have more than one cancellation. So for example, I had a May 2020 cruise cancelled, rebooked to August 2020, and when that was cancelled, they said I could not apply to it a separate reservation I had made for 2021 because they way they did the FCC accounting I had to keep my original May 2020 reservation number. But they were very clear that the issue was only because I had two cancelled cruises--they said if I only had one cancelled cruise it wouldn't be a problem.

If the October 2020 cruise was your original cruise, should not be a problem to apply FCC to a cruise you have booked in 2021 when they cancel the 2020 one. The issue gets more complicated if you have more than one cancellation. So for example, I had a May 2020 cruise cancelled, rebooked to August 2020, and when that was cancelled, they said I could not apply to it a separate reservation I had made for 2021 because they way they did the FCC accounting I had to keep my original May 2020 reservation number. But they were very clear that the issue was only because I had two cancelled cruises--they said if I only had one cancelled cruise it wouldn't be a problem.
I had a July cruise cancelled, applied the FCC to a March cruise, and then switched that cruise to October, & the FCC remained. Maybe that worked because the second was a switch & not a cancellation? In your case, didn't you at least get an FCC for the 2nd cruise that was cancelled, since they wouldn't let you keep the first?

I had a July cruise cancelled, applied the FCC to a March cruise, and then switched that cruise to October, & the FCC remained. Maybe that worked because the second was a switch & not a cancellation? In your case, didn't you at least get an FCC for the 2nd cruise that was cancelled, since they wouldn't let you keep the first?
Well, I opted to go with a new booking to use the FCC and drop my previously booked 2021 cruise since I could not apply my FCC to the existing 2021 one. But yeah, the guest services CM said if I had called before my second cruise was cancelled I could have moved it and applied the FCC to the 2021 cruise—it was only because I had two cancelled cruises that I couldn’t apply it. So annoying...

Another question about the FCC... will they let you split the money between two bookings? We have a WBPC that is almost definitely getting canceled, and that's going to be a LOT of money back. Will they let us use the FCC for two shorter/cheaper cruises?

Another question about the FCC... will they let you split the money between two bookings? We have a WBPC that is almost definitely getting canceled, and that's going to be a LOT of money back. Will they let us use the FCC for two shorter/cheaper cruises?

I don’t know FOR SURE but I’d be inclined to say no. I was told by DCL that if the FCC is more than the booked cruise cost, we’d get the rest in on board credit to use towards port adventures, spa treatments, gratuities, etc...

I don’t know FOR SURE but I’d be inclined to say no. I was told by DCL that if the FCC is more than the booked cruise cost, we’d get the rest in on board credit to use towards port adventures, spa treatments, gratuities, etc...
Awesome! Thank you! We really want our cruise to go... we've been planning it for years, but all signs point to cancellation. So we're doing our best to plan alllll the contingencies for cancellation and rebooking.

I called a few days ago to find out how much FCC I had, and the agent told me you could either use the excess for onboard credit or apply it to a second cruise within the window.

Awesome! Thank you! We really want our cruise to go... we've been planning it for years, but all signs point to cancellation. So we're doing our best to plan alllll the contingencies for cancellation and rebooking.

We’re doing the same! I have had a chat with a DCL rep every 2-3 days with another “what if I do this .....” question 🤣

We’re doing the same! I have had a chat with a DCL rep every 2-3 days with another “what if I do this .....” question 🤣
We've literally planned and booked every thing except our flights at this point in desperate hopes that it goes on, but realistically thinking that the flights will be the headache to get cancelled and refunded. LOL But planning another "only in our dreams" type cruise has also been a GREAT pandemic activity. :) Here's hoping!!!

We've literally planned and booked every thing except our flights at this point in desperate hopes that it goes on, but realistically thinking that the flights will be the headache to get cancelled and refunded. LOL But planning another "only in our dreams" type cruise has also been a GREAT pandemic activity. :) Here's hoping!!!
MY flights with Delta were the easiest refund out of everything for our whole trip. Granted we were to be flying in Italy in May but the reason we were able to cancel is that they changed one leg of our trip by more than 45 minutes. The change didnt even have a material impact, it made a 5 hour layover closer to 4 hours but they still issued a refund with no hassle when I called. Go over the carrier rules for the airline you plan to fly carefully, getting a refund or credit may be easier than you think.

Thank you!!!! :)

You're welcome! Just to confirm, I booked a cruise this morning and we used our FCC to pay off the total amount. The agent said the remainder of the FCC could be used as non-refundable onboard credit or applied to another cruise, BUT I needed to call DCL and let them know prior to the sail date, or it would automatically be applied as OBC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter