FCC Extended to September 30, 2022

I received the email as well. I would assume the placeholder extension will be extended as well. I agree with what others have posted that this is a clear indication that summer is toast. Maybe my next cruise will be on the Wish, so how about that for a happy thought?

keep in mind that the email spoke about black out dates for the wish....So you might not be able to use your FCC for a Wish sailing.

Bingo! They will probably block the first few months of sailing on the Wish, and anything around a holiday or fall break. I shudder at the thought of the pricing for this ship. Disney knows they had demand before COVID and now since COVID they really have demand.
I don't have access to Disney's booking data, and while they have a core of hard core fans ready to sail at first chance, I have to wonder if there will also be a segment of folks who will wait on the sidelines until they get a few months of successful cruises under their belt. That could lower demand. Time will tell

I wonder if they'll also extend the 40% discount they gave to the WBPC passengers. I would love it if they would!
They better, or we all will be very disappointed! We have ours on a Mexico cruise in Oct. Seemed like no way that would be impacted. Now, looking like a no go. We have not been able to come up with other options to use it on. Hopefully, this extension will help.

Dangit. I was hoping for a slightly later date so I could apply at least one of ours to the '22 EBPC<sigh>. Has anyone else sent mail yet inquiring the placeholder question?

Me too! I am living in hope they might extend again in a few months. This extension would take us through the next release of itineraries so would make some sense coming out now when the new summer 22 should be out any time. Currently booked on the 21 EBPC and I think if that gets cancelled then I'd be looking at the 22 one possibly.

Yep, the bottom of the email, in small print, it mentions disney Wish blackouts. Hoping I can push my November 2020 cruise with placeholder further out once the next round gets released.

keep in mind that the email spoke about black out dates for the wish....So you might not be able to use your FCC for a Wish sailing.
Oh I know they'll be plenty of black out dates. The word DCL used was select sailings so I figure DCL wouldn't have put that in there if they planned on completely locking out FCC reservations. I feel there is a massive backlog (as mentioned by the OP) and DCL will have no choice but to let people book the Wish. It will likely be in the last quarter of '22 and adjusted as needed with the level of uncertainty we have now when it comes to the extensions.

If not....no big deal. I'm probably going to book Sept '22 regardless.

I received the email as well. I would assume the placeholder extension will be extended as well. I agree with what others have posted that this is a clear indication that summer is toast. Maybe my next cruise will be on the Wish, so how about that for a happy thought?
I don't think it's toast, but presuming that Disney is officially cancelling May 2021 cruises (based on another thread) today, this is acknowledging the reality that Disney can't accommodate 15+ months of FCC customers in less than a year's worth of cruises. In fact, I suspect that they only extended it out to September suggests that Disney does, in fact, suspect they'll resume operations this summer.

Of course they would extend it after I got my refund. But still I'm so worried about booking something that may or may not happen that I'm actually okay about waiting until cruising starts back up and then booking a cruise once it seems to be that the risks of someone getting covid and then having to suddenly end the voyage is low.

I don't think it's toast, but presuming that Disney is officially cancelling May 2021 cruises (based on another thread) today, this is acknowledging the reality that Disney can't accommodate 15+ months of FCC customers in less than a year's worth of cruises. In fact, I suspect that they only extended it out to September suggests that Disney does, in fact, suspect they'll resume operations this summer.

I don’t think it means they think they’ll sail in the summer. The last extension extended the FCC to all currently bookable sailings. This extension will extend it to the sailings which will be in the next release.

What it does likely mean is that DCL is about to release summer 2022 and they want people holding on to FCC to book cruises.

What it does likely mean is that DCL is about to release summer 2022 and they want people holding on to FCC to book cruises.

This is exactly how I saw it as well. They are prepping themselves for the next release as if they don't announce this prior to that they will get a million calls as people ask if its possible to move to the next lot of cruises etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter