FCC Extended to September 30, 2022

PirateFrank

Avast!
I received the email as well. I would assume the placeholder extension will be extended as well. I agree with what others have posted that this is a clear indication that summer is toast. Maybe my next cruise will be on the Wish, so how about that for a happy thought?
keep in mind that the email spoke about black out dates for the wish....So you might not be able to use your FCC for a Wish sailing.

tvguy

Question anything the facts don't support.
Bingo! They will probably block the first few months of sailing on the Wish, and anything around a holiday or fall break. I shudder at the thought of the pricing for this ship. Disney knows they had demand before COVID and now since COVID they really have demand.
I don't have access to Disney's booking data, and while they have a core of hard core fans ready to sail at first chance, I have to wonder if there will also be a segment of folks who will wait on the sidelines until they get a few months of successful cruises under their belt. That could lower demand. Time will tell

o&smom

DIS Veteran
I wonder if they'll also extend the 40% discount they gave to the WBPC passengers. I would love it if they would!
They better, or we all will be very disappointed! We have ours on a Mexico cruise in Oct. Seemed like no way that would be impacted. Now, looking like a no go. We have not been able to come up with other options to use it on. Hopefully, this extension will help.

gismo1554

DIS Veteran
Dangit. I was hoping for a slightly later date so I could apply at least one of ours to the '22 EBPC<sigh>. Has anyone else sent mail yet inquiring the placeholder question?
Me too! I am living in hope they might extend again in a few months. This extension would take us through the next release of itineraries so would make some sense coming out now when the new summer 22 should be out any time. Currently booked on the 21 EBPC and I think if that gets cancelled then I'd be looking at the 22 one possibly.

n2mm

aka WALTSGIRL
Yep, the bottom of the email, in small print, it mentions disney Wish blackouts. Hoping I can push my November 2020 cruise with placeholder further out once the next round gets released.

DIS_MIKE

DCL Commodore
keep in mind that the email spoke about black out dates for the wish....So you might not be able to use your FCC for a Wish sailing.
Oh I know they'll be plenty of black out dates. The word DCL used was select sailings so I figure DCL wouldn't have put that in there if they planned on completely locking out FCC reservations. I feel there is a massive backlog (as mentioned by the OP) and DCL will have no choice but to let people book the Wish. It will likely be in the last quarter of '22 and adjusted as needed with the level of uncertainty we have now when it comes to the extensions.

If not....no big deal. I'm probably going to book Sept '22 regardless.

• EXCLUSIVE - Dreams Unlimited Travel Gift Basket!
    Book your Disney Cruise Line vacation through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive an exclusive, complimentary Gift Basket. This Gift Basket is a result of client feedback as well as posts from DISboards.com; we call it our “What you didn't know you needed on a Disney Cruise Kit”.
    Click Here for Details

• Husker Mike

Mouseketeer
    I received the email as well. I would assume the placeholder extension will be extended as well. I agree with what others have posted that this is a clear indication that summer is toast. Maybe my next cruise will be on the Wish, so how about that for a happy thought?
    I don't think it's toast, but presuming that Disney is officially cancelling May 2021 cruises (based on another thread) today, this is acknowledging the reality that Disney can't accommodate 15+ months of FCC customers in less than a year's worth of cruises. In fact, I suspect that they only extended it out to September suggests that Disney does, in fact, suspect they'll resume operations this summer.

pumpkinqueen93

Mouseketeer
    Of course they would extend it after I got my refund. But still I'm so worried about booking something that may or may not happen that I'm actually okay about waiting until cruising starts back up and then booking a cruise once it seems to be that the risks of someone getting covid and then having to suddenly end the voyage is low.

otten

DIS Veteran
    I don't think it's toast, but presuming that Disney is officially cancelling May 2021 cruises (based on another thread) today, this is acknowledging the reality that Disney can't accommodate 15+ months of FCC customers in less than a year's worth of cruises. In fact, I suspect that they only extended it out to September suggests that Disney does, in fact, suspect they'll resume operations this summer.
    I don’t think it means they think they’ll sail in the summer. The last extension extended the FCC to all currently bookable sailings. This extension will extend it to the sailings which will be in the next release.

What it does likely mean is that DCL is about to release summer 2022 and they want people holding on to FCC to book cruises.

• gismo1554

DIS Veteran
    What it does likely mean is that DCL is about to release summer 2022 and they want people holding on to FCC to book cruises.
    This is exactly how I saw it as well. They are prepping themselves for the next release as if they don't announce this prior to that they will get a million calls as people ask if its possible to move to the next lot of cruises etc.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES

Book your Disney Cruise through Dreams Unlimited Travel and receive a Shipboard Credit and an Exclusive Gift Basket!