FCC Extended to September 30, 2022

Husker Mike

DIS Veteran
Just received the following from DCL:

When your sailing was cancelled due to the pandemic, you were offered the choice of either a future cruise credit* equal to 125% of your original voyage fare or a full refund. We are now extending the use of your future cruise credit from sailings commencing prior to May 31, 2022 to sailings that depart by September 30, 2022.

Your credit has been automatically updated.

Also this:
Sailings are currently available through spring 2022 with additional eligible sailings to be released at a later date.... The FCC is only valid for sailings commencing on or before September 30, 2022. Select Disney Wish block-out dates apply.

I'm somewhat surprised that they may allow FCC to be used on Wish sailings, but there's probably such a backlog of FCC cruises, Disney probably doesn't have much of a choice to either allow FCC on some sailings (especially after Labor Day) unless they want to extend FCC later in 2022.

Interesting.....

**Just got the email too.

Last edited:
I'm somewhat surprised that they may allow FCC to be used on Wish sailings, but there's probably such a backlog of FCC cruises, Disney probably doesn't have much of a choice to either allow FCC on some sailings (especially after Labor Day) unless they want to extend FCC later in 2022.
Bingo! They will probably block the first few months of sailing on the Wish, and anything around a holiday or fall break. I shudder at the thought of the pricing for this ship. Disney knows they had demand before COVID and now since COVID they really have demand.

Just got my email - at first I thought it was cancelling this May's Alaska, then I realized it referred to my cancelled cruise from October which was moved to next October.

I see this as an indication summer 2021 is about to be cancelled. They couldn’t keep cancelling and only make FCC good through May since they don’t have the inventory, but now that all FCC is good through summer 2022, no reason they can’t start shutting down summer 2021.

Wonder if this also means they’ll take bookings for summer 2022 soon.

With all of us chomping at the bit to return to cruising, demand for the Wish is going to be through the roof. I shudder to think of the price.

Bingo! They will probably block the first few months of sailing on the Wish, and anything around a holiday or fall break. I shudder at the thought of the pricing for this ship. Disney knows they had demand before COVID and now since COVID they really have demand.

DCL has to have a few hundred thousand FCCs on the books right now so the FCC demand is definitely there. New money, who knows?

I think the Wish pricing is going to be ridiculous, even by Disney standards. If they allow FCCs to be used, the fares will be $$$$$$$$$$$.

Last edited:
I hope I get an email. We applied our FCC to a cruise for this August, but I'd prefer to use it next summer. (Both kids graduate from college and high school in 2022 and right now summer/Christmas are the only times their breaks line up..) Our FCC originally had a Mar 31, 2022 expiration.

Just got our email notification. I also thought it was the cancellation of the May cruise, but it was based on one of the Sept 2020 B2B.
Interesting, because when I called DVC/DCL after I received the official cancellation notification for the B2B (June 2020) they said I would not receive the FCC (Jan 13, 2021, https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...avigate-a-cancellation.3822883/#post-62601644). Interesting to find out what, if anything we received.

Lol, apparently we did get an email about it this morning. It went to DD21's email address, but was addressed to my husband. I'm lucky DD21 hasn't moved back to campus yet or she probably would have deleted it vs forwarding it to me. :rotfl:

Dangit. I was hoping for a slightly later date so I could apply at least one of ours to the '22 EBPC<sigh>. Has anyone else sent mail yet inquiring the placeholder question?

Dangit. I was hoping for a slightly later date so I could apply at least one of ours to the '22 EBPC<sigh>. Has anyone else sent mail yet inquiring the placeholder question?

Be patient. It might happen.

I wonder if they'll also extend the 40% discount they gave to the WBPC passengers. I would love it if they would!

you mean the 2020 WBPC ? (*that* cruise?)
have you already used it somewhere or you're just waiting ?
I'd say yes (except the Wish).. What would be DCL's argument against it? although a lot of ppl already used it on the 2022 WBPC

you mean the 2020 WBPC ? (*that* cruise?)
have you already used it somewhere or you're just waiting ?
I'd say yes (except the Wish).. What would be DCL's argument against it? although a lot of ppl already used it on the 2022 WBPC
Yep, *that* cruise! We've applied our 2020 WBPC discount to a cruise that's about to be cancelled (May 2020.) We were planning to take my grandson before he started kindergarten. None of the currently-bookable cruises work well for various reasons so we were hoping to take him next summer. If not we have his parents' permission to take him out of school for the cruise but we'd rather not if we didn't have to. Keeping our fingers crossed!

Yep, *that* cruise! We've applied our 2020 WBPC discount to a cruise that's about to be cancelled (May 2020.) We were planning to take my grandson before he started kindergarten. None of the currently-bookable cruises work well for various reasons so we were hoping to take him next summer. If not we have his parents' permission to take him out of school for the cruise but we'd rather not if we didn't have to. Keeping our fingers crossed!

I’m hoping it applies for the 40 percent from *that* cruise also. I think we’ll find out when summer 2023 is actually bookable because Disney has never officially sent any of us confirmation of an extension. We’re hoping to move our August 2021 European to summer 2022.

I received the email as well. I would assume the placeholder extension will be extended as well. I agree with what others have posted that this is a clear indication that summer is toast. Maybe my next cruise will be on the Wish, so how about that for a happy thought?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter