Favourite offsite restaurant

Last time we went in Feb 2006 my favourite was Perkins Family restaurant (at the top of Poinciana boulevard), we had breakfast there service was great and pancakes were delicious - looking forward to going back.

Whenever we have been there, we have never seen any kids, but that does not mean that they are not welcome. It is a bit pricey and that probably has something to do with it. They also don't have the typical kid's foods like chicken nuggets, Macaroni cheese, pizza etc. If your kids would enjoy grilled meats with salads, vegetables and breads, then I would say go for it.

Corinna
my kids would not eat mac cheese or nuggets bleugh!!
they have very sophisticated tastes in food, pizza (good pizza) at a push! my asd child is 10 next year and considered an adult on DDp, so i suggested a trip to WPE for bfast pizza - the look on his face, i dont think so:confused3

my kids would love this type of thing, and the salad bar would float their boat (their fav restaurant at home is the harvester cause they love the salad bar!!

might give it a go, we are staying (hopefully) 4 days at hrh after SSR!
thanks for the info
tracy

Last time we went in Feb 2006 my favourite was Perkins Family restaurant (at the top of Poinciana boulevard), we had breakfast there service was great and pancakes were delicious - looking forward to going back.

I agree with this - Perkins are nice, particularly that one.

Word of warning - the service and quality of food does vary with Perkins restaurants around Orlando, but this one is consistently good. It's very much a 'traditional' family restaurant that wouldn't look out of place in an old american country town. Very welcoming and a nice warm atmosphere.

:goodvibes:

my kids would not eat mac cheese or nuggets bleugh!!
they have very sophisticated tastes in food, pizza (good pizza) at a push! my asd child is 10 next year and considered an adult on DDp, so i suggested a trip to WPE for bfast pizza - the look on his face, i dont think so:confused3

my kids would love this type of thing, and the salad bar would float their boat (their fav restaurant at home is the harvester cause they love the salad bar!!

might give it a go, we are staying (hopefully) 4 days at hrh after SSR!
thanks for the info
tracy

Sounds like this will be perfect for your family. Enjoy!

Corinna

If I remember correctly, it was about $45 per person excluding drinks and dessert. It is not a buffet as such. They do have a fantastic salad bar that also contains a couple of hot dishes, but they bring the meat to your table on massive skewers and carve of as little or as much as you would like. The food is really nice.

Corinna

Thank you, I have added it to my list. Unfortunately, yet again, I have more restaurant names than I have days! :rotfl:

Can't believe no ones mentioned Carrabas. Love it! Thres one down on Kirman Rd opposite the Florida mall. My husband is trying to tell me there is one in the mall now... but I'm not convinced

Oh wow....there are so many to choose from, shame I'm on the ddp. :lmao:

We will be having one or two offsite meals so now I need to try & choose. :confused3 I was thinking of trying the cheesecake factory but that hasn't appeared much on here.

I'm quit surprised that no-one has mentioned my fave yet, the Cracker Barrel. Great for breakfast, lunch and dinner! Will deffo be going to the Cheesecake Factory when we go a week tomorrow!

Can't believe no ones mentioned Carrabas. Love it! Thres one down on Kirman Rd opposite the Florida mall. My husband is trying to tell me there is one in the mall now... but I'm not convinced

I mentioned Carrabbas - page 3 I think - we went to the one in Sarasota recently for the first time and loved it - great service and very tasty food (fantastic bread). Can't vouch for the ones in Orlando but hope to try them

Can't claim to have eatern in as many places as others but we can add a few familiar names.

Olive Garden will not be on our recommended list. At least the one on the 192. Sat for over 20 minutes with no hint of the offer of a drink nor a server coming anywhere near our table. We walked out in disgust.

Logan's Roadhouse not only is a great price (Monday and Tuesday is special night) but steaks and ribs were the best we had all holiday.

Bahama Breeze had a great server and the best seafood paella I have had since Barcelona.

Logan's and Bahama would be on our list for a return trip :goodvibes

There is another restaurant that we really love in Orlando. It is called Bergamo's and is at the Festival Bay shopping centre. They serve great Italian food and the waiters sing. We had some great meals there. We much prefer this to the convential dinner shows.

Corinna

Golden Corrall - fantastic value for money :cool1:

TGI Fridays - had lunch there twice, once at the one on the 192 and once at the one near Universal, both meals really good and staff were absolutely lovely :goodvibes

Olive Garden will not be on our recommended list. At least the one on the 192. Sat for over 20 minutes with no hint of the offer of a drink nor a server coming anywhere near our table. We walked out in disgust
I've heard of a few others have bad experiences at this OG, as have I! Not sure if the I-drive one is supposed to be better though, can't bring ourselves to give it another try though as there are way better places for Italian food IMO.

We will be having one or two offsite meals so now I need to try & choose. :confused3 I was thinking of trying the cheesecake factory but that hasn't appeared much on here.
I can safely say that you won't regret eating at CF, it's awesome :love: Check out the menu:
http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com/menu/welcome/Welcome

i have just had a look at the texas de brazil website, looks great, but is it child friendly, seems very sophisticated!
p.s when i asked my kids their fav restaurant 1 said boma:thumbsup2, 1 said WCC:thumbsup2 and 1 said chucky cheeses:scared1:. he is really not my child:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
tracy

We are planning on dining here for our wedding anniversary - after reading many good reviews on here. We will be taking DS (14) and DD(11) with us, as well as our nephew (5). From what I remember the website said that children my nephews age eat for free, plus we have signed up for their news letter in the hope that we receive some savings vouchers (again a recommendation from Dis'ers) but if we don't, looking at the pics, I won't begrudge paying full price (Sorry Wayneg - you will be disgsted with me now :lmao:)

At the last count, I could name over 150 Orlando restaurants we've eaten at, so trying to pick just one favourite is a little tricky to say the least! As someone else mentioned, it's a bit of a moveable feast (see what I did there ;)), but our current favourite is possibly Tommy Bahama's Tropical Cafe at Pointe Orlando. We love the brand and totally buy into the whole island living concept, so that's probably got a lot to do with it. I could recommend loads more which don't appear on this list thus far, and there are plenty of popular places which I don't rate at all - Outback Steakhouse and Bahama Breeze would headline that particular list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!