Favourite offsite restaurant

what does hand dipped mean??

we also like dennys, kids think its great!

Rather than just being piped out like a mcdonald's shake machine, they actually take the milk and ice cream and hand mix it (using a stirrer, obviously not their actual hands)... sooo tasty! And you get the leftovers, so superb value for money

Rather than just being piped out like a mcdonald's shake machine, they actually take the milk and ice cream and hand mix it (using a stirrer, obviously not their actual hands)... sooo tasty! And you get the leftovers, so superb value for money

thanks sorry for being blond!:rotfl2:

ohhh I love Krispy kreme's! We have them in our local Tesco too but they are never as fresh as when you get them freshly made in the store. :teeth:

Agreed!! The warm glazed ones that come straight off the conveyor belt are amazing!!! :worship:

And as Neoshoegal pointed out they cost near to nothing out there...AMAZING!! Will definately be out first stop upon arrival (and probably on route home most days)...is there on on I-Drive near Wet n Wild etc?

I suspect it wasn't Wayneg's intention to put anyone off going to the new Sweet Tomatoes at the Crossroads. We went 2/3 times on our recent trip and I never thought about Wayne's comments during our first visit, it looked pretty much the same as the IDrive restaurant to me.

Oh no, I'm sure it wasn't and I apologise to Wayne if that's the impression I've given. In fact, looking back at his post, to call it a review was perhaps a bit unfair, it was more comments and the one that has stuck in my mind is the fact that the new location has 'no windows', which I might have taken too literally. As I've said though we will go down and check it out for ourselves and, who knows, it might surprise us.

PF Changs! Best. Chinese. Ever. :love: Although I visited the one in Vegas, not Orlando, but I have already looked up all the locations in the Orlando area, lol.

Also the usual stuff like iHOP and Cheesecake Factory.

Another vote for Outback. I can't wit to try Bahama Breeze and sweet tomatoes :)

Just shows how people's views vary... We ate at PF Changs in Anaheim and thought it was awful (food and service!) I'm wary of American Chinese food though we're trying a veggie dim sum place in New York so hopefully I can be won round :goodvibes

I was wondering if you had to choose just one then what would your favourite offsite restaurant be?

:thumbsup2

That is an easy choice for me .....................................

Cheesecake Factory wins for me hands down!

Yummy Warm Wheat Bread
Louisiana Chicken Pasta Side Order of Fries with Mayo and
Adams Peanut Butter Fudge Ripple Cheescake with cream usually to take away (as I am so full!)

Another vote for Outback. I can't wit to try Bahama Breeze and sweet tomatoes :)

I love Outback. We tried Bahama Breeze for the first time last April having heard everyone rave about it and it was the WORST meal we had (we tend to eat at places such as Olive Garden, TGIs, The Cheesecake Factory, Outback etc.). We won't be going back.

My personal favourite is The Cheesecake Factory :)

Oh Claire that's a toughie-there are soooooooo many.
Breakfast-Golden Coral
Dinner-Bahama Breeze.

we love outback been to a few diffrent ones all been good, also been to a good ponderosa not sure which one the one with all the football memorabelia in it, the manager was lovely.
and my dad loves the waffle house for breakfast...grits ..yuck...lol
And cheesecake factory yummy.

oh god im hungry now.

Im looking forward to trying some off site places this year, as we have mainly eaten in the parks

Ilove the cheesecake factory:lovestruc

I am definitly going to try Sweet Tomatoes

This is an excellent thread! :thumbsup2

Giving me some excellent ideas for where to go when we go in 9 weeks!! :banana:

I only ever remember going to Ponderosa when I was a kid. So will be good to look these places up!! :yay:

So tell me, is there a link somewhere I can sign up to get some discount??:confused3

Thank! xx

I really like the look of Texas de Brazil ~ out of interest, what is the cost of the buffet?

I really like the look of Texas de Brazil ~ out of interest, what is the cost of the buffet?

If I remember correctly, it was about $45 per person excluding drinks and dessert. It is not a buffet as such. They do have a fantastic salad bar that also contains a couple of hot dishes, but they bring the meat to your table on massive skewers and carve of as little or as much as you would like. The food is really nice.

Corinna

i have just had a look at the texas de brazil website, looks great, but is it child friendly, seems very sophisticated!
p.s when i asked my kids their fav restaurant 1 said boma:thumbsup2, 1 said WCC:thumbsup2 and 1 said chucky cheeses:scared1:. he is really not my child:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
tracy

Whenever we have been there, we have never seen any kids, but that does not mean that they are not welcome. It is a bit pricey and that probably has something to do with it. They also don't have the typical kid's foods like chicken nuggets, Macaroni cheese, pizza etc. If your kids would enjoy grilled meats with salads, vegetables and breads, then I would say go for it.

Corinna

We like Thai Tani for a bit of a spicy curry fix. They have just opened a new restraunt in Celebration so looking forward to testing this one out in September!

Golden Coral for breakfast. Food is of a good quality and lots of choice.

Outback for dinner, first visit last year and still remember the steak now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter