• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite Snack/Dessert/Restaurant/Meal

RADOPT said:
I second this. We love Bengal BBQ. We usually get a meat stick, veggies and I go across the walk and get some kind of fruit.

Me too! My favorite snack or light meal is a vege stick and/or piece of fresh pineapple.

Favorite dessert: Anything at Club 33. Otherwise, I abstain. I try to avoid desserts.

Favorite restaurant: Far and away, Club 33, but since most of us (myself included) aren't able to get into or can afford Club 33, I'd say it's a toss-up between Blue Bayou and Goofy's -- more for the fun than the food quality though.

Favorite meal: (Excluding Club 33) Voodoo shrimp (which is actually an appetizer), soup, and fruit vodka martini (Something along the line of a raspberry cosmo) at House of Blues.

-Snack
The Apple Pie Poppins (you can get them at several locations now)

-Dessert
Chocolate Mousse Cake at White Water Snack Bar in the Grand Californian Hotel.

-Restaurant
This is a tough one, so I'll break it into categories:
Fine Dining: Hook's Pointe in the Disneyland Hotel
Casual Dining: Wine Country Tatoria (nice table service restraunt with good prices)
Counter Service: White Water Snack Bar

-Meal
This varies. Wine Country Tatoria: The only thing I have tried so far is the Chicken Alfredo Lassagna Which was great.

White Water Snack Bar: Grilled Chicken Sandwich or the Beef Nachos (actually they use steak, but call it shreded beef)

SNACKS: If you like corn dogs, absolutely do not miss them in California Adventure. Corn Dog Castle, across from the Golden Zephyr in the Boardwalk area.
COUNTER SERVICE: We like to go to Hungry Bear Restaurant mid-day especially when it's hot. You can eat on the lower level, total shade, right near the water. It's way more peaceful than other counter service spots. Unfortunately, it's not always open off-season, but check it out.
RESTAURANT: Just the two of you? Napa Rose. The whole gang? Goofy's Kitchen or Rainforest Cafe.
DESSERT: Don't forget about the Main Street Confectionary!

Also, I must second the Chinese Chicken Salad at Pizza Port. It is refreshingly good in a world of fried food. My kids like the pizza, but this isn't my husband's favorite, so that's why I had to say HBR for counter service.

Cheers! :earboy2:

Favorite snack:
Churros
Frozen bananas
Tigger Tails
Frozen lemonade with a shot of vanilla (seriously, my new FAVORITE)

Restaurant:

Rancho del Zocala
Plaza Inn
Pacific Wharf Cafe

Meal:

Soup in a bread bowl at Pacific Wharf Cafe
Chicken dinner at Plaza
Anything Mexican at Rancho

So many yummy treats, so little time.

Oh, I forgot to add Lobster Nachos at Ariels' Grotto (outdoor/bar area). It's quite a massive appetizer but it's scrumptious! :)

Snack: Dole Whip Float at DL

Dessert: Apple Pie Carmel Apple at Pooh's Corner or Catch a Flave with Vanilla/ Butter Pecan swirl at DCA

Restaurant: Blue Bayou all the way

Counter: Bengal Barbeque chicken skewers or clam chowder in New Orleans Square :sunny:

Snack - Churros, pretzels, Tiger Tails from the Bengal BBQ in DL, Snickerdoodle from the Blue Ribbon Bakery.

Dessert - Chip-wich, Ice Cream from Gibson Girl in DL, Root Beer float from Catch a Flave in CA, Haagen-Dazs in DD.

Restaurant - Naples and La Brea in DD, Wine Country Trattoria in CA.

Meal - Wetzel's Pretzels in DD and Sourdough Bowl from the Pacific Wharf Cafe in CA.

bump

goes along with Judy's question she posted about meals and where...some good info here

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter