• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite Snack/Dessert/Restaurant/Meal

TexasCourt

DIS Veteran
Hey Y'all,
Just wondering what are your favorties (can be in DL, CA, and Downtown Disney):
-Snack
-Dessert
-Restaurant
-Meal

Thanks!
Courtney :wave2:

I LOVE the Snickerdoodle cookies they sell at the Market House on Main Street. The oatmeal raisin are wonderful, too. I also love the hand-dipped corn dogs they sell from the truck near the Main Street photo studio.

Snack- I usually don't snack between meals, but if I do, I like to have Cotton Candy. One time, we went to the Emporium in the chocolate area and bought a stick of chocolate with marshmallow. It was excellent!

Dessert- The Br-r-r Bank ice cream place is really great! Oh, and Clarabelle's Frozen Yogurt in ToonTown had this very yummy swirl yogurt with cookie bits and caramel topping.

Restaurant- Depends on the kind of food I'm in the mood for. The Blue Bayou if I want Lousianna-style cookin'. For a quick sampler, the Hearthstone Lounge in DCA has some nice dishes. Try the Chicken Quesadilla. Very good! If I'm in the mood for Japanese, there's a restaurant in Paradise Pier Hotel called Yamabuki. They have delicious sushi.

Meal- Hmm, well, I love clam chowder a lot and I usually crave it whenever we're at DL. That's not really a meal, but more like an appetizer. I love their crab cakes dish, though. For a quick meal, I like getting a chili-cheese hot dog at that Coca-cola place on Main Street. That's where they do the Cherry Coke with added Grenadine syrup. Yum!

Snack = giant dill pickles!!

Dessert = ice cream from Burrrrrr Bank in DCA

Restaurant = Blue Bayou

Meal - pork loin or crab cakes from Blue Bayou

Snack: Beignets from Ralph Brennan's in DTD.
Dessert: Waffle Cone from the Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor on Main St.
Restaurant: Redd Rockett's in DL
Meal: Chicken Fusilli at Redd's
I know you didn't ask this but just for a suggestion: Breakfast at River Belle Terrace where you can watch the Rivers of America action before it gets too crowded. Very peaceful and relaxing.

TexasCourt said:
Hey Y'all,
Just wondering what are your favorties (can be in DL, CA, and Downtown Disney):
-Snack
-Dessert
-Restaurant
-Meal QUOTE]

*Snack: -Churros (strawberry ones are good 2 around Christmas time);
-Snickerdoodle cookies from Pooh Corner
-Chocolate covered marshmallows on a stick (also at Pooh Corner)

*Dessert: -Chocoalte cake at Golden Horseshoe
-Ice Cream on a Waffle Cone from Main St.
- Oreo caramel apple (w/ gummie worm) at Marceline's in Downtown Disney

*Restaurant- Blue Bayou & Ariel's Grotto

*Meal: -Blue Bayou-I love their prime rib w/ potatoes au grautin and their Monte Cristo Sandwich.

-Ariel's Grotto- French Onion Soup, Striker Penne Pasta

-Scrumptious Turkey Leg from the carts and Clam Chowder in a Bread Bowl :love:

Snack- churro, popcorn, bag of fortune cookies from the Lucky Fortune Cookery

Dessert- Dole whip, chocolate cake from Golden Horseshoe

Restaurant- Riverbelle Terrace, Rainforest Cafe, Bengal BBQ

Meal- Chicken skewers, and veggie skewers from Bengal BBQ

Breakfast- Riverbelle Terrace

My favorite snack is a frozen banana. I try to get one on every visit.

My favorite dessert is anything they sell. ;) I will skip lunch just to have dessert. The volcano at Rainforest Cafe, the brownie sundae at House of Blues, any of the specialty desserts they sell at the French Market during the holidays, the chocolate cake at Golden Horseshoe, carrot cake at ESPN...

My favorite restaurant changes. I love the salads at Redd Rocket's Pizza Port.

-Snack: Moon shaped Rice Crispie Treats
-Dessert: hehe Rice Crispie Treats
-Restaurant: Pizza Port/Rancho
-Meal: 2 Tacos at Rancho

No seriously, I looked at my pictures from my last trip, and every other photo I'm holding a Rice Crispie treat... I need to try more things LOL

They actually taste horrible, but the one must-have is a mickey-head shaped pizza. Usually cheese, but they make pepperoni too.

2 things come to mind: The dessert would be a Nestle Tollhouse ice cream cookie sandwich. The other is neither a snack, meal or restaurant. I always have to have a mint julip when going to DL.

Churro said:
Meal- Chicken skewers, and veggie skewers from Bengal BBQ

I second this. We love Bengal BBQ. We usually get a meat stick, veggies and I go across the walk and get some kind of fruit.

I actually eat better and less at DL then usual. I don't know if it is because there is so much to take my mind off food or if I am too busy focusing on my daughter and her needs that eating is just a pain.

lark said:
They actually taste horrible, but the one must-have is a mickey-head shaped pizza. Usually cheese, but they make pepperoni too.

I tried a cheese pizza at Village Haus in Fantasyland last week and it didn't taste very good. The crust tasted a bit stale. :(

Is the red Corn Dog cart still there at the end of Main Street (tomorrowland side)? It's only open in the high season, but they seriously make the best corn dogs ever!!

It has been since college since I have had one, and I'm probably not partial to them anymore, but in November I might be seeking out one just from the great memories!

noryglory said:
Is the red Corn Dog cart still there at the end of Main Street (tomorrowland side)? It's only open in the high season, but they seriously make the best corn dogs ever!!

It has been since college since I have had one, and I'm probably not partial to them anymore, but in November I might be seeking out one just from the great memories!

Yes it is :) I have yet to try one. They look so huge! It was open when I went to the park last week.

TrixieMaguee said:
what does?

I apologize, but I don't understand what you're asking me.

My post said: "They actually taste horrible, but the one must-have is a mickey-head shaped pizza. Usually cheese, but they make pepperoni too." I was answering the OP's question by saying our one must-have is a mickey shaped pizza, usually cheese but they also have pepperoni. We get these even though they taste horrible. There's just something cool about a Mickey pizza . . .

The pizza that I thought was pretty bad was at Gippetto's in FL. I tried a bite from my mom's plate and was immediately reminded of the pizza from my school's cafeteria! Pizza Port in TL has great pizza. Try the barbeque one. I know that sounds weird, but it's really good! Pizza Oom Mow Mow (hope I said that right!) in DCA has the same kind and it's just as good. As for dessert, I would love to one day try a frozen banana. Problem is, my teeth are very sensitive to very hot or frozen food. Would it not be wise to eat it?

Snack: DCA: Strawberries dipped in Chocolate at the Farmers Market
DL: Dole Whip at the Tiki Room

Dessert: DCA: Brrrbank Ice Cream (Rocky Road)
DL: Fudge from the Main Street Candy Store

Walk-up Meal: DCA: Chicken & Fries from Strips & Dips
DL: Bratwurst w/everything at Enchanted Cottage

Cafeteria: DCA: Haven't tried any yet
DL: Chinese Chicken Salad at Pizza Port

Sit-down: DTD: Rainforest Cafe (lots of things)

Formal: Napa Rose for appetizer, salad & dessert

denyd said:
Snack:
DL: Dole Whip at the Tiki Room
Ohhhh! I forgot about that thing! Whenever we're going into the Tiki Room, I always buy the Dole Whip Float, or the $4.50 one! It has to be the $4.50 one because you get a combination of the pineapple ice cream and juice, a little umbrella and about 5 cherries! It's sooooooo good, and they'll let you bring it inside the Tiki Room, provided you take it out with you! I remember the last time we went into the Tiki Room, their machine was broken and we couldn't get the Dole Whip Float. I was so bummed. To make matters worse, José got major lock-jaw throughout the show and his beak never moved! I was nearly passed out in the back of the room (it was a hot day!), but I managed to notice this malfunction. Normally, I would have laughed, but I was too out of it to care. Needless to say, it wasn't a good experience that day for the Tiki Room. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter