Favorite Snack/Appetizer to Bring to Holiday Gatherings

Big fan of the pepper jelly and cream cheese with crackers. A cheeseball would travel fairly easily in a cooler bag as well.

Big fan of the pepper jelly and cream cheese with crackers. A cheeseball would travel fairly easily in a cooler bag as well.
My friend just uses a brick of cream cheese and dumps the pepper jelly over it. She doesn't mix it together. It's actually really good like that. And she's real fancy so if she does it that way it works for me too. ;)

Apple caramel skor dip. Mix cream cheese and brown sugar together (not too sweet). Spread over a platter. Spread caramel sauce over top. Then sprinkle generous amounts of crushed skor bar. Slice up apples for dipping just before serving.....watch it disappear.

I take salami and spread on cream cheese. I've rolled them up, then sliced, or I stack 4 pieces and the cut into wedges like a pizza. Either way they get gobbled up

Get small balls of fresh mozzarella, cherry tomatoes and fresh basil. Assemble on fancy toothpicks. Arrange on platter and drizzle good balsamic vinegar, olive oil and fresh pepper. Looks very festive.

I personally find it much easier to transport food if you are leaning more toward keeping is cold...also I try not to bring anything that has to be heated, as the hostess might not have room to heat another dish... I have taken BBQ Pork, Reg. Chili and White bean chicken chili, and potato soup in my own crock pot and traveled but under the 1 hour mark.

I make a tray, using several kinds of Olives, a few types of Pickles, Giardiniera, now you can find pickled okra, green beans, Asparagus, and those baby corns.

Homemade dips of some kind... everything from basic ranch, clam dip, salmon spread, spinach dip, veggie cream cheese spread... Then hit up somewhere that has fancy crackers..

I think some already said the pretzel rods, dipped in chocolate, and sprinkles...

I did Oreo's one year and really any sandwich style cookie will work, melt reg. or white chocolate, sprinkles, chocolate chips. This works great for a big crowd... Aldi or Wal-Mart for cookies and a double boiler for the chocolate, get the kids to help with the sprinkles your good to go...

Any kind of pound cake... during the holiday's I will make lemon pound cake.... no frosting if I am taking macerated berries, or make a glaze... sometimes for me with all the heavy dessert during this time of year .... having something a little lighter is nice. I sliced the cakes putting them on those throw away silver trays, put the berries in a plastic bowl in a small cooler with ice packs, and a take a nice bowl to put them in next to the cakes, Once there I pour the berries into the bowl, put the plastic bowl back in the cooler, throw everything back in the car and enjoy the party.

Another trick I use is I normally pick up some odd and ends bowls, plates, platters... at Marshalls, Ross, Home Goods, TJ Max , Tuesday morning or wherever knowing that I am leaving it for the hostess, so when I get ready to go I can just go and not worry about my dishes.. Check the clearance areas... I scored a couple of nice etched glass bowls for under 5 bucks each and a couple of Christmas plates for like 2.99 each... and a nice platter for 12.00 dollars normally I don't spend that much, but it was for a friend that had recently got divorced and was starting over.

I got this recipe from my husband's Great Aunt. It is super easy to make, tastes great, and presents beautifully.

fotrap031051332_0.jpg

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/cranberry-cheese-box

I also LOVE and frequently make Cucumber Dill Toasties. It is imperative to use fresh dill. I always use extra. It looks pretty and tastes light.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/14811/creamy-dill-cucumber-toasties/

Both of these are cold items. I agree with the previous sentiment of not bringing something that you need to cook/warm in the host's oven/stove.

I hate close up pictures of food. That was my first time posting a picture here and I was not sure how to make it smaller. I swear that pictures contains a cheesy wonder of goodness. Ha ha.

Get small balls of fresh mozzarella, cherry tomatoes and fresh basil. Assemble on fancy toothpicks. Arrange on platter and drizzle good balsamic vinegar, olive oil and fresh pepper. Looks very festive.

Wow--Caprese on a stick, I love it! Definitely making that this year, as I was planning on platters of Caprese, and this just makes it more of a finger food.

What I usually bring is a cheese/meat/fruit tray. And olives. I love the ones at Costco that are green and stuffed with garlic and jalapenos.

Wow--Caprese on a stick, I love it! Definitely making that this year, as I was planning on platters of Caprese, and this just makes it more of a finger food.

What I usually bring is a cheese/meat/fruit tray. And olives. I love the ones at Costco that are green and stuffed with garlic and jalapenos.

And easier to transport!

Pickle rolls! Spread cream cheese on slices of relatively thick ham, put a whole pickle in the middle and roll up. Chill and slice into rounds. Sounds super weird, but soooo good.

Cheesecake. I bring a homemade cheesecake on a Christmas plate for the host to keep. One 3 lb. block of cream cheese from Costco makes 3 cheesecakes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter