• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Favorite Servers on the Wonder

Our favorite server for the Wonder was Sean at Palo. We had him on both our cruises and he really made the experience for us. Does anyone know if he is still on the Wonder or moved to elsewhere?

Sean was on vacation when we were on the Wonder late November 2010. He has been our server, by our reuquest, several times in Palo.

We had Roland from the Phillipines on our B2B Wonder November 2010 cruises. We'd request him again if we know he'll be on one of the 3 ships we are on again. Roland is another long time DCL CM.

The CMs told us that following a vacation, they no longer can expect to return to the ship they left before vacation. DCL determines the assigned ship.

Jan

Marco was our server at Palo for two dinners and two brunches. Fantastic server. Marianna served at tea and was very sweet.

Our main servers were Anthony and Maria. They did a great job. Anthony even brought dinner to our cabin one night.

We cruised in December for the first time and had Zaldy and Eketut. They were fantastic. Very good with the kids and they made it a memorable experience.

Our servers were Deniz from Turkey and Zoe from Autralia in Nov. 2009.

We also had Zoe in April, 2009 and she was absolutely fantastic! At the time she was the Assistant Server to Herbert from the Philippines, who was also excellent and we requested him this past April (request was granted). We requested Zoe as well, but she was on vacation when we cruised. Zoe had completed all the training to be a Server, but wasn't sure she wanted to do it. She was a newlywed at the time we had her - married to another Server.

Does anyone know if Violetta (Peru) and Jorge (Columbia) are still on the Wonder? Or if Joel and Duran (Jamaica) are still there?

I would also be interested in your dining experience if you had either of these teams.

Thanks!:goodvibes

Zaldy! He's from the Philippians. My wife and I had him for our honeymoon cruise on Nov 14th. He's been with the ship for 10 years, he joined the team a year after it debuted.

He was my server for 15 nights on the Panama Canal cruise. He was great. He was teamed with Cici who was wonderful as well.

Does anyone know if Violetta (Peru) and Jorge (Columbia) are still on the Wonder? Or if Joel and Duran (Jamaica) are still there?

I would also be interested in your dining experience if you had either of these teams.

Thanks!:goodvibes

We sailed 2/13 and had Violetta and Jorge. LOVED them :lovestruc

Jorge had some magic tricks and Violetta made some origami for dd 10. Both dd and ds 14 felt special with them as servers. We highly recommend them.

And the services was excellent

We just returned and had Joel (Phillipines) and Duran (Jamaica). Joel took off today to return to the Phillipines (and his 4 year old daughter) for 2.5 mos. He'll join the Wonder again in Vancouver.

In Palo, we had Daniel from Italy who was supurb! :thumbsup2

We had Vjay (India) and Tiziano (Italy. I probably spelt his name wrong, though) this past July, and they were wonderful :goodvibes

WE LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Kabelo Mossiane from South Africa. Tell him hello from Mama Nancy and we can't wait to see him in June.

We had Bonieface and Vitor and they were loved by everyne in our party, especially the kids. Dd who is 3 has now had her first crush and it was on 22 year old Vitor and his Brazilian accent!:love: Every night dd would put up a stink about eating and yet some small talk and a smile from Vitor somehow made her hungry. He actually fed her almost all of her food every night! I have to admit I miss him too as it has been a week since we got off. The kids keep asking if we will see them again.

Bonieface has been on the Wonder for 11 years and Vitor had only been on for 4 months. Both were truly outstanding!

Just got off the Wonder today. We had Miguel (Peru) and Nyoman (Indonesia) and they were both very good. They had our table as well as another very large table that they were serving and they juggled the two tables quite well.

We had Branel (server) and Marijo (asst. server) along with Witt (head server). We were very happy with all 3.

Our server for 15 nights was Daniel from United Kingdom. When we sailed in January he'd only been on the ship for about 3 months. But he was absolutely fantastic. We couldn't have asked for better service. He's on track to become a head server and took on that role during the breakfast/lunch service in the restaurants.

Daniel's assistant, Jorge from Columbia, had only been on the ship for a month and was still rather reserved and shy. But by the end of the cruise he seemed to be breaking out of his shell some. Still he was quite attentive and kept our drinks filled, bread & butter on the table, and replaced forks, spoons & napkins regularly. (The kids had a tendency to drop/spill a lot.)

Another server we had quite often, for breakfasts and lunches, was Terry from England. I think he's been on the ship for about a year now and just recently (shortly before our sailing in early January) got promoted to server from asst. server. He took great care of us, especially DD who is a picky eater.

We never actually had Sandra from Peru as a server, but we saw her a lot around the ship and she was always friendly and helpful.

We had Nikola from Serbia for brunch in Palo. He was very good, very attentive.

BTW, our DD3 came off the ship with 2 boyfriends - Daniel and Terry. I don't know whether it was the Brittish accent or the fact that they both doted on her, fed her, and kept her enterained. But she still comments almost daily how much she misses them. And both DD3 and DS6 have requested that our next vacation be on the Mickey Mouse Cruise Ship again, the one where Daniel is.

We had Kingsley from Jamaica and Manuel on our Feb. 6 MR. Very nice guys... okay servers. Michelle was head server and she was very social and funny.
Our server in Palo was Vladmir from Costa Rica... and I wanted to adopt him. He was adorable, quick witted and very sweet. I would eat in Palo every dinner if I had him as a server!:)

We had Kingsley from Jamaica and Manuel on our Feb. 6 MR. Very nice guys... okay servers. Michelle was head server and she was very social and funny.
Our server in Palo was Vladmir from Costa Rica... and I wanted to adopt him. He was adorable, quick witted and very sweet. I would eat in Palo every dinner if I had him as a server!:)

Would that be Michelle from South Africa? If so, we had her a couple of years ago as server and loved her.

Would that be Michelle from South Africa? If so, we had her a couple of years ago as server and loved her.
Wondering the same thing.
When I first met her 2006, she was on the Wonder as a server and then switched to the Magic on our Med cruise 2007 Head server. Had her on our eastern Magic 2008 & 2009 and last year 2010 was told she retired. Would love to hear if she's back.

I think this Michelle was from Australia... I could be wrong.

ETA: I asked my husband and he said Yes, this Michelle was from Australia.

We had Bonieface and Vitor and they were loved by everyne in our party, especially the kids. Dd who is 3 has now had her first crush and it was on 22 year old Vitor and his Brazilian accent!:love: Every night dd would put up a stink about eating and yet some small talk and a smile from Vitor somehow made her hungry. He actually fed her almost all of her food every night! I have to admit I miss him too as it has been a week since we got off. The kids keep asking if we will see them again.

Bonieface has been on the Wonder for 11 years and Vitor had only been on for 4 months. Both were truly outstanding!

We just got off the Wonder yesterday (wahhhhhh!) and Bonieface and Vitor were our servers, too. We were two families together with four kids - one girl, 11, and three boys, 13, 10, and 6. The boys at first weren't real interested in eating in the dining room with us (would rather be in the clubs), but ended up eating there every night and I think Bonieface and especially Vitor had a lot to do with that. They were wonderful!

Last November, on a 3-night, the boys didn't eat with us much, but our servers, Mikala (sp?) and Tita were wonderful, especially Tita! We saw her in passing this cruise and it was so nice to see her again.

At Palo, we loved Nikola, and Alex there (not sure of his last name) was also great. Jude (?) went back to the kitchen and made up a couple of fresh tiramisus for us when they ran out at the brunch buffet.

I think we had Zaldy two years ago - also great! All of the servers we've experienced are wonderful with the kids - infinitely patient and have all kinds of tricks and brain teasers to keep the kids entertained. I think you'll be safe with anyone!

Someone mentioned Deniz from Turkey - sorry to say (but good for him, I'm sure), he was our head server this time, and was very accommodating with one of our requests.

It is going to be a shock to the system to get back to reality without our fabulous servers!

Our server for 15 nights was Daniel from United Kingdom. When we sailed in January he'd only been on the ship for about 3 months. But he was absolutely fantastic. We couldn't have asked for better service. He's on track to become a head server and took on that role during the breakfast/lunch service in the restaurants.

Daniel's assistant, Jorge from Columbia, had only been on the ship for a month and was still rather reserved and shy. But by the end of the cruise he seemed to be breaking out of his shell some. Still he was quite attentive and kept our drinks filled, bread & butter on the table, and replaced forks, spoons & napkins regularly. (The kids had a tendency to drop/spill a lot.)

Another server we had quite often, for breakfasts and lunches, was Terry from England. I think he's been on the ship for about a year now and just recently (shortly before our sailing in early January) got promoted to server from asst. server. He took great care of us, especially DD who is a picky eater.

We never actually had Sandra from Peru as a server, but we saw her a lot around the ship and she was always friendly and helpful.

We had Nikola from Serbia for brunch in Palo. He was very good, very attentive.

BTW, our DD3 came off the ship with 2 boyfriends - Daniel and Terry. I don't know whether it was the Brittish accent or the fact that they both doted on her, fed her, and kept her enterained. But she still comments almost daily how much she misses them. And both DD3 and DS6 have requested that our next vacation be on the Mickey Mouse Cruise Ship again, the one where Daniel is.
Daniel was our assistant server when we cruised in Nov 2010. He was incredibly charming and did great with my 6 year old son. I'm still getting requests to make ketchup mickey mouse figures on his plate. And I think all of the women on our trip had a slight crush on him.
Vladimir was our head server and he was also incredible. They were both so personable and professional all at the same time. We hope to find them again someday

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter