Favorite place to watch fireworks near Gastons?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
We have been officially overwhelmed by the crowds for fireworks lately and cant justify wasting hours to claim a spot so we are looking for a new less stress spot. Our last trip to MK we decided not to watch and happened to be behind the carousel when they started. It was fun watching the panoramic view and the breathing space made it worth missing the projections. I know I've seen there are some better spots by Gaston's/Little Mermaid so we are looking for advice on some places to try next trip. Thanks!

We have routinely watched HEA right near the entrance to Be Our Guest and it was great as long as you don’t care about projections (which we don’t after seeing it so many times). Some fireworks will go off behind you, so you do have to kind of look around more. It’s great to walk up right at showtime, maybe 10 other people are milling around and you have space to breathe (DD would normally dance around during HEA). Bonus for being able to make a quick exit after without a stampede of people.

Last edited:
I agree with right around the entrance to BOG. As long as you’re okay with missing the projections, it feels like you’re in the middle of the fireworks.

We have been officially overwhelmed by the crowds for fireworks lately and cant justify wasting hours to claim a spot so we are looking for a new less stress spot. Our last trip to MK we decided not to watch and happened to be behind the carousel when they started. It was fun watching the panoramic view and the breathing space made it worth missing the projections. I know I've seen there are some better spots by Gaston's/Little Mermaid so we are looking for advice on some places to try next trip. Thanks!
Shhh…. Our favorite spot to watch fireworks is right outside Gaston’s. It’s usually empty. Don’t tell people about it!

We’ve also found Tomorrowland near Space Mountain to be a decent spot, and from there you can see both the castle and rear fireworks without having to turn your head (unlike Gaston’s).

Shhh…. Our favorite spot to watch fireworks is right outside Gaston’s. It’s usually empty. Don’t tell people about it!
:rotfl2:I dont know why but the entire world thinks in front of the castle dead center is the only spot to view and I love it! I do enjoy the projections as a full show but now that we visit more often-its just not worth it!Our last two trips people were claiming spots 2+ hours ahead of the show--thats nuts!

We enjoyed watching them from the bridge near Splash/Big Thunder - the music was piped in and it was so calm and lovely

If you sit outside Barnstormer you are a few feet away from where they shoot them off! It's intense but fun

All the way down by Gaston's is a little to far for it to be perfect.
Where you caught them closer to the carousel is better.
Ideally, in between the 2, near Be Our Guest.
There is even a photographer there at times. They set up in the perfect spot.
I've been watching back there since Wishes ;)

I am so glad I started this thread and am taking notes :)

We are excited to try and compare all the spots this year now that we visit more often!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter