Favorite Non-Disney Restaurants?

Corbie

Mouseketeer
We're in Orlando for 14 days, only part of it will be at WDW. This will be our first trip.

Any suggestions for non-Disney/Disney Springs restaurants? What are some of the fun places in Orlando and the surrounding areas? Thanks! (Or if I my search-fu is weak, direct me to the proper thread.)

Do you have a car ?

If Yes then there are many many places within a short drive from Animal Kingdom area on

Hwy 192 & turning Right ( West ) heading towards Hwy 27

Longhorns , Texas Steakhouse , Manny's Chop House , Millers Ale House , Cracker Barrel Etc.

Non of these are over $ 30 per person

Go to downtown Celebration (10 minute drive). The Columbia and Celebration Town Tavern are very good. After diner, get ice cream at Kilwins.

Millers Alehouse is our favorite restaurant, wide selection and excellent service. Never had a bad meal there, go at least three times a month. We go to the one on 192 west of Disney, much nicer than the new one at Champions Gate.

Eating out is a big part of our holiday. We are usually there for three weeks so can fit our favourite restaurants in multiple times. This year however will only be 15 nights so will really only be going to the top ones and maybe only try one or two new ones. So in no particular order

Longhorns, usually visit 4 times on a three week trip, never had a bad meal
Cheesecake Factory, superb menu, never have room left for cheesecake, alway visit atleast twice. In a way glad a Millenia because we'd go every day otherwise
Carrabbas, go for Amore Mondays, a great deal and food is really good
Toojays, (Dr Philips) discovered in 2012 and a firm favourite for breakfast (actually, only place we would bother for breakfast) and lunch. Dinner pretty good too.
Bosphorus, Had a Travelzoo voucher in 2015, had never been before, next door to Toojays. Loved it. Went back last year and paid full price. Worth it. Just bought a Travelzoo voucher for this year.

Lunches
Steak and Shake, Great burgers, wonderful shakes and so cheap. Probably cheaper than McDonalds and you get to eat with a knife and fork
Sweet Tomatoes, lovely and fresh salads. To die for chocolate muffins (only place I sneak food out, I now its wrong but those brownies are so good!) Excellent value, always find coupons
Earl of Sandwich, great sandwiches, dont be put off by the queues, moves quickly
The fish and Chip Shop in Disney Springs, coming from England, I know good fish and chips and the chips here are superb

We're in Orlando for 14 days, only part of it will be at WDW. This will be our first trip.

Any suggestions for non-Disney/Disney Springs restaurants? What are some of the fun places in Orlando and the surrounding areas? Thanks! (Or if I my search-fu is weak, direct me to the proper thread.)
Hash house agogo

Thank you, everyone! We plan to try City Walk while we visit Universal, but we also have a lot of non-park days. We're lucky and have a kitchenette, so we'll probably eat in a few nights. But I'd hate to miss someplace really great Orlando has to offer because we didn't want to go off the beaten path. Your suggestions have given us a starting list.

• Cafe Tu Tu Tango for tapas and sangria (I-Drive by the Orlando Eye)
  • Seasons 52 for lighter fare and it has a great wine list (Sand Lake Road between I-4 and Apopka-Vineland Road)
  • Dexter's does a FABULOUS brunch and I always go at least once for the to-die-for pressed duck sandwich (Apopka-Vineland in Windermere)
  • Yard House for craft beer and really yummy food for all palates (I-Drive by the Orlando Eye)
  • Friendly's for late-night ice cream at least once when I visit, for nostalgia's sake (I-Drive across from the Orlando Eye)
  • Charley's Steak House for an old-school steak dinner (I-Drive by the Orlando Eye)
  • Eddie V's for a nice seafood or steak dining experience (Sand Lake Road between I-4 and Apopka-Vineland)

Thank you, everyone! We plan to try City Walk while we visit Universal, but we also have a lot of non-park days. We're lucky and have a kitchenette, so we'll probably eat in a few nights. But I'd hate to miss someplace really great Orlando has to offer because we didn't want to go off the beaten path. Your suggestions have given us a starting list.
If you're not afraid to go off the beaten path:

Yellow Dog Eats (awesome pulled pork and sandwiches in a quirky environment)
Pom Pom's Teahouse
Hot Krust Panini Kitchen
Le Cafe de Paris (run by a French family)
Dixie Cream Cafe (great breakfast/lunch)
The Strand
Border Grill (hole in the wall Mexican)
4 Rivers
The Whiskey
Bartaco

I agree with a previous poster - if you don't have Giordano's (deep dish pizza from the Chicago area) or a Texas de Brazil by you, you should definitely try them! Texas de Brazil is a churrascaria. There is a very fancy buffet with all sorts of exotic and extremely fresh items, but it's also very fun to try all the meats! Your server gives you a coaster (one side green, one red) and it indicates if you want servers to bring you carved meats. These servers roam the restaurants with their fire-roasted meats (all different sorts) and will give you as much as you want. Make sure you are REALLY hungry! Another chain like that is Fogo de Chao. I don't know if there is one in Orlando, too, but it would also be great! One more suggestion: Cowfish at Universal City Walk. They specialize in sushi and burgers. It's fun! If you have kids, they have a really cute bento box.

Thank you! Those are exactly the types of places I wanted to know about. Our first week is spent with the Space Center, a botanical garden (for DD), Sea World, Aquatica, maybe the Eye. We'll have a rental, so we don't mind driving.

Two years ago we discovered KeKe Restaurant. Several locations. Really great breakfast - Florida pancake is one large pancake covered with fresh fruit. bananas, strawberries & blueberries. delightful - no syrup needed.

Bruno's Italian http://brunos192.com/index.html is just like eating in NY's Little Italy. Love that place.

But there are many places at Crossroads that I like:

Chevy's - fresh Mexican
Tom Chee - A bunch of ways to enjoy tomato soup and cheese sandwiches sort of
Johnnie's Hideaway - GREAT steaks, prime, aged on premises. Really first rate.
Fresh Tomatoes - good salad options
plus a bunch of others. Look it up.
Joe's Crab Shack - not anything out of the ballpark - but consistently good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter