favorite meal at the camper

TomM

Mouseketeer
Just wondering, what is your favorite meal you fix at your campsite? Kabobs on the grill if we're not just getting back from the park.
Tom

Anything as long as it is at Fort Wilderness!!

Sorry--just feeling a little crazy--school is out for 2 weeks and it is almost time to go!!!:yo-yo:

While it's not a meal, when we're camping our friends and family like the apple crisp I make in the dutch oven over the coals. Very sweet and never any leftovers especially if there's ice cream to go with it.

Doing FW for the first time next month, and planned on making kabobs and grilling steaks...but that apple crisp sounds fantastic! Any chance of getting the recipe??

Barbecued Ribs in a crock pot and sliced potatoes with onions, peppers, butter and salt and pepper cooked in foil on the grill.

One of our fave camping snacks is baked potatoes wrapped in foil and thrown into the fire. Of course, the fire part is a bit difficult at FW, but it is the adults snack of choice when we go with friends to other campgrounds.

Crock pot with pot roast, carrots, potatoes and spicy V8 poured over it. Mmmm! That's a FW fave of ours!

Sltrawick.. How about the recipe for cream cheese chicken for the crockpot!! That sounds great!

Just tried that cream cheese chicken, I found the receipe in the cookbook from Sams it is call fix it and forget it... crock pot cookbook... I am going to try a few more of the receipes before we go so we will know what taste good...

Originally posted by girlsma
Sltrawick.. How about the recipe for cream cheese chicken for the crockpot!! That sounds great!

I've posted this on other camping boards and it's just the best. It's our all time favorite recipe to make when we camp. I've met more people just by cooking this in the crockpot because it smells soooo good. (I've had people come up to our camper asking me what that wonderful smell is and what was I cooking..lol)

CREAM CHEESE CHICKEN

1 pkg. Good Season Italian Dressing Mix
3-4 chicken breast, raw, cubed
1 stick butter
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
¾ c. cream cheese
Combine dressing, chicken and butter in crockpot. Cook for 4 hours on high, 6 hours on low. Take chicken out and add remaining ingredients, mixing well. Return chicken to crockpot and cook on high for ½ hour. Serve with noodles.

I would say it is breakfast. We always seem to have a great breakfast when we go camping. My wife goes all out and I think bacon taste better when I am camping. :)

Originally posted by sltrawick
Combine dressing, chicken and butter in crockpot. Cook for 4 hours on high, 6 hours on low. Take chicken out and add remaining ingredients, mixing well. Return chicken to crockpot and cook on high for ½ hour. Serve with noodles.

This sounds great sltrawick! Just one question though, how do you remove the cubed chicken? It sounds difficult if they are "floating around" loose. Thanks for any advice!

PenskeSth1, how do you cook the ribs in the crockpot? This sounds yummy!!

Barb

Originally posted by aliceinwdw
This sounds great sltrawick! Just one question though, how do you remove the cubed chicken? It sounds difficult if they are "floating around" loose. Thanks for any advice!

PenskeSth1, how do you cook the ribs in the crockpot? This sounds yummy!!

Barb

You just use a slotted spoon. There really isn't that much liguid in it. It cooks alot into the chicken. You'll have no problem getting the chicken out

Bucky,
It is real easy, line the D.O. with foil, add two cans of apple pie filling and springkle nutmeg and cinnimon on top. For the crust mix 2 cups flour, 2 cups brown sugar packed, 1 cup old fashion oatmeal(not instant) ,and 1/4lb. butter. Mix it good pour over the apples, bake in the 12" Dutch Oven 15 coals on lid, 9 under the D.O.
Enjoy

sltrawick...We were looking for something different for supper on our trip this month, and this Cream Cheese Chicken sounds perfect (and easy!). Can't wait to try it! :bounce:

Terri,
You are going to LOVE IT. I'm serious. I have met more people when we camp just by making this dish. It smells heavenly when it's cooking and tastes just as good! Let me know how you like it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter