Favorite/Dream Resort

My favorite resort is the Swan. I love everything about it--the location, rooms, pools and dining options. And the price is usually right. For the price of a mod, I'm getting a deluxe experience all the way. :)

Dream resort is a tie between the Polynesian and the Grand Floridian. The theming, dining, location and the boat launch between those resorts and the Magic Kingdom are very appealing.

I haven't stayed at BC, GF, WL, BW or Contempory BUT only BC and GF interest me. So I would say my dream if money was no object would be a two week stay between BC, GF and my favorite of the ones I have stayed in, POFQ.

My original dream was either BWI or GF. When DD turned 21, she wanted to do Food and Wine with us as her splurge present, so I rented DVC points and we stayed at BWV for four nights. It was AMAZING and I'd do it again- only next time with a boardwalk view. Dream #1 came true!

Staying at AKL in a savanna view room has always been my dream, but I just cannot justify the cost. When we go to WDW, we are in the parks as much as possible. If I paid deluxe costs, we'd need to stay in the resort/room, not the parks. BUT GUESS WHAT??? DH and I will be in Orlando for 2 nights later this month, so I rented DVC points and we're going to spend 2 nights in AKL, in a DVC studio with a savanna view!!! ON MY BIRTHDAY!!! Dream #2 is coming true in two weeks!

SO... if cost was not an issue... Split stay (1 week in each location) in a 1 bedroom savanna view villa at AKL and then off to the Grand Floridian!! No idea of where/what at the GF, as we've never, ever considered it, but I'd need to have a theme park view so I could watch the MK fireworks from my own balcony with a glass of wine every night!

I'd do Poly bungalow with as many family members as I could fit. Make it two bungalows if we need more room!... since we're dreaming and all. I might as well get a 7 night Fantasy cruise tacked on the back end while I'm at it. Suite of course.

We'll see how I feel about the Beach Club after next week, but besides that resort, I've already stayed everywhere else I wanted (Grand, Poly, POR, Dolphin, WL).

WL was my absolute favorite in terms of theme and ambiance, but Poly wins for convenience. I'd do a split stay of those two.

AKL 2 br Savannah View would be my dream choice. Love everything about AKL; rooms, restaurants, pools, staff and of course the animals.

My usual choice tho is SSR 1 br because we like the resort and price and availability are very good.

For my next trip, I want to stay at The Boardwalk Inn. I stayed at All Star Sports for two weeks last month for my first trip to WDW. If I do two weeks again for my next trip in a couple years, I'm going to need at least a moderate. If not the BWI, I'd want to give Port Orleans French Quarter a try.

If money were no object, I would still stay at POFQ, but I would stay for an entire month! We were Poly fans until our first stay at POFQ. Absolutely love how quaint and convenient it is.

Looking strictly at the theme of the resort, Wilderness is my absolute favorite, hands down. At least, is was before all of this construction mess started and they started cutting down all of the woods. I'll let you know in January if it is still my favorite. I figure it will be, though, because it just feels right pulling up to the main entrance. I love driving up in the bus and going under the arch. I love seeing the animal topiaries. I love walking into the lobby and seeing how grand but also cozy it is. I love sitting by the fire and relaxing. I love sitting on my balcony and watching the resort wake up in the morning. I love taking the boat to Magic Kingdom because the captains are always so fun. I love being a short boat ride away from Tri Circle D Ranch. I love that there is a fountain in the lobby that leads all the way to the waterfall of the pool. I love walking to the resort after a long day at the parks and automatically feeling very relaxed. I love shopping in the Mercantile. I love the totem pole of Disney characters outside the Mercantile. I enjoy eating at Whispering Canyon. I absolutely LOVE Wilderness Lodge. My husband and I have often said that if you could relocate it to where Boardwalk Inn currently sits, we would never stay anywhere else.

Without a doubt the Presidential suite at the BWI. We got a tour of it a couple of years back right after they had refurbed it and I fell in love! My husband and I have stayed at the BWI CL many times and just love it there. Way back in the late nineties we received an upgrade at the GF RPC and stayed in a three bedroom suite on the fifth floor and it was wonderful but my heart is still with the BWI. We have stayed at all the other deluxe resorts with the exception of the Poly and WL.

We love Pop and stay there most of the time..

AKL is our next favorite, and we have splurged on it 3 times (well, 3rd time is in 18 days.)

I would LOVE to stay at OKW or SSR...the vibe just chills me out. But, I have a hard time justifying the cost.

We love Pop and stay there most of the time..

AKL is our next favorite, and we have splurged on it 3 times (well, 3rd time is in 18 days.)

I would LOVE to stay at OKW or SSR...the vibe just chills me out. But, I have a hard time justifying the cost.
I'm sure you know about renting points and all that, but I took the liberty of looking up the cost of renting points for SSR and OKW for the week of January 12-18 and compared that to a room at Pop. You can get a room at OKW for $1,056 and SSR for $1,152. Compare that to Pop where a standard room is $907.89. So, for only $148 more, you can stay at OKW and for only $244 more, you can stay at SSR. Maybe something to consider.

I'm sure you know about renting points and all that, but I took the liberty of looking up the cost of renting points for SSR and OKW for the week of January 12-18 and compared that to a room at Pop. You can get a room at OKW for $1,056 and SSR for $1,152. Compare that to Pop where a standard room is $907.89. So, for only $148 more, you can stay at OKW and for only $244 more, you can stay at SSR. Maybe something to consider.

Thanks for doing the leg-work! I have definitely considered it - I am just a spoiled brat who wants housekeeping each day (included in the price), so I haven't pursued it too closely. Maybe for a shorter trip, or a split stay, I could handle it :)

I love AKL so much that we've only ever stayed there! We've never stayed in a savannah view room though, so I think that would be my dream. Love those giraffes so much! :lovestruc

Not sure selling a kidney would cover the points, but I'd love to take the whole family to the Poly Bungalows! Really enjoyed a recent stay in a studio there :)

Have enjoyed majority of all our DVC stays. AKV is a top favorite along with VWL where we haven't stayed lately due to construction, looking forward to booking it again.

Favorite 'cash' room was MK view @ CR years ago. Absolutely magical to sit on balcony and watch/listen to FW. Was almost able to replicate it @ BLV but nothing like the wake up rumble of the 1st monorail of the day

I really want to stay at the Polynesian. I just love the llok and feel of everything there, and hopefully will be able to stay there for my first wedding anniversary next year!! Fingers crossed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter