Favorite coffee?

I like Folgers. It reminds me of Sundays at my grandmom's house.

I also don't mind Tim Horton's, Peet's or Starbucks Pike Place Roast. I drink coffee every day but am not a connoisseur so don't know much beyond that. One that I don't care for personally is Dunkin.

At home, we like Nespresso. Sometimes we will use an ibrik for Turkish Coffee and if I'm feeling fancy I'll use my moka pot. If I'm out and want coffee from a chain, I like Starbucks, Au Bon Pain, Prêt a Manger, or ideally, Tim Hortons if it's available. Sometimes I'll also duck into a little cafe as they can have sumptuous coffee.

Ironically enough, one of the best cappuccinos I ever had was in Poland at this little convenience store they have there called žabka (lit. "little frog") which is like an upscale 7-11. Fantastic coffee.

I buy one of my favorite brands when it is on sale. I like Peet's, Dunkin, Kona, and Starbucks. Store band (Safeway) is not bad, either.

I've never been an iced coffee fan. Cold coffee never appealed to me. However, after some persistence from my DH, I tried a Macadamia Nut cold brew at Starbucks. Game changer. I like my coffee sweet and the foam on top of a cold brew does the trick. I've also had a salted caramel one too. So refreshing on a hot day!

I have been on an iced coffee kick lately... A lot of it is because my main Keurig broke, and I ended up buying one that has the iced coffee feature. I have been digging the Green Mountain Iced Vanilla Caramel, and the Cookies and Caramel. I have not seen the iced Pumpkin Spice yet, but I hear it exists.

I still drink a couple cups of hot coffee in the morning. Then I take one of those 32 oz travel cups and put 2 servings of iced coffee before I leave in the morning.

I actually like coffee, so I drink espresso (no extra water, cream, milk, sugar, foam, ice, pumpkin, hazelnut, etc). My go-to brands are Pilon and Bustelo, but I sometimes go Italian with Lavazza or Illy.

I forgot I posted to this thread.
BTW, the Walmart brand Mainstays dual brew coffee maker with the pod and drip options is only $20! When you are ready for a new maker you might think about this one. (I've only had it 3 mornings. My opinion may change later. Then it would be back to another B&D "Brew 'N Go.")

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Single-Serve-Dual-Brew-Coffee-Black/772125593

I'm giving an updated review on this coffeemaker. If you just need a cheap coffeemaker that uses pods. This is okay for $20.

If you are hoping if can do BOTH the pods and regular grounds, I don't care for using it for a regular brewed coffee after all. The ground coffee is much too weak. I found that the coffeemaker shoots out the water into the filter with so much force that coffee grounds end up along the inside of the filter basket up around the rim and collect up there. So that, during brewing there aren't enough grounds in the bottom of the filter basket to brew and make a decently strong cup of coffee. And it happens no matter how much coffee I use. MORE would just end up along the rim and the lid and the same weak amount would be on the bottom.

I have to pull the filter basket out of the coffeemaker every morning after brewing, open the filter basket lid off, hold the filter basket over another empty cup and do a pour over on the same grounds with the just brewed coffee. I slowly dribble the weak coffee from the cup, along the inside of the rim of the filter basket. That pushes the grounds back to the bottom of the filter and continue by doing a pour over of the weak coffee into the other cup.

I tried to just use the pods to make coffee. I end up using two to make a decent size for my travel mug and it just tastes OKAY.

Doing the extra pour over gives me nice, rich coffee. At some point, I'll splurge and buy a decent coffee maker. I've only seen ONE other brand that has both pods & regular ground coffee combo and has a "bold" brew option. The reviews are only okay. And I need a coffeemaker that has a small footprint. The other combo options I've seen are huge.

Folgers. My advertising slogan for it is "Folgers--it's fine! Really good enough." My adult kids poo poo my plebeian coffee tastes and I know there's better coffee out there. I've had it many times, but I just want a fairly palatable, affordable, and easy coffee in the morning.

Our "everyday" coffee is Folger's Black Silk. We also buy Trader Joe's dark roast when we can get to a TJ's (nearest is 120 miles away). We like dark coffee and sometimes buy beans we can grind ourselves, but it's expensive. For our K-cups we buy Trader Joe's French Roast, Starbuck's Sumatra (from Sam's when they are on sale) or Dark Magic, Sumatra Reserve, or Columbia Select from Green Mountain. My rule on the k-cups is it has to cost less than 50 cents a cup or I don't buy it.

One of my favorite places to buy coffee is at Circle K, which is the convenience store attached to Irving gas stations. Their coffee machines are set up with beans so you can get freshly-ground beans for your cup of joe. You put the cup under the spigot, tell the machine the cup size, bean choice, and whether to leave room for cream. The machine grinds the beans and makes a fresh hot cup of coffee for you!

I buy Dunkin' Donuts ground coffee for Christmas for gifts, but usually I just get an iced coffee at the drive thru for me :)

We've been brewing McDonald's ground for several years and like it best of anything that's available on the mass-market and at a medium price-point.
Haha +one for the McDonalds "McCafe". I would never have guessed I was not the only one. I usually buy one of their Regular and one Decaf - mix in a bowl and put back in the containers. That way I can have more coffee without getting as much caffeine.

Last edited:
My all-time favorite coffee has to be the Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. Its rich, warm spices and creamy goodness are perfect for the fall season. However, I also enjoy exploring different brews from time to time. Lately, I've been experimenting with various coffee blends and brands, and I must say, I've found some great options at https://connectvending.co.uk/. There's just something about the versatility of coffee that keeps me excited.

Last edited:
Pumpkin Spice Creamer - yes - for holiday season. Or topped with a couple tablespoons of CoffeeMate Italian Sweet Creamer.

We only drink La Colombe. It's a Philadelphia coffee company. Their coffee is perfection!

I'm a big fan of flavored coffee and my favorite is Bones Coffee. https://www.bonescoffee.com/

They do discounts often (I believe there's a 20% off coupon right now). Their Pumpkin Spice is really good - I buy it in batches and drink year round. I also recommend Carrot Cake (sold around Easter to Memorial Day), Cinnamon Roll, Peaches and Scream, French Toast and the Vanilla Caramel one.
Their packaging is outstanding!!!!

Folgers. My advertising slogan for it is "Folgers--it's fine! Really good enough." My adult kids poo poo my plebeian coffee tastes and I know there's better coffee out there. I've had it many times, but I just want a fairly palatable, affordable, and easy coffee in the morning.
Boring me buys Folgers or Maxwell House and I've even bought the store brand (Meijer) on sale.
I'm pickier on my creamer, it has to be CoffeeMate FF French Vanilla. Once in a while I'll buy a holiday flavor like pumpkin spice or peppermint.

Deans Beans. Great coffee and seems like a great company too. Based in MA and orders arrive quickly.

I'd say of what we currently own it's probably my favorite way. We have a Hario V60 one that came with the top pouring device and separate small carafe. We buy a 100 pack of filters off Amazon which lasts us just about a year with us only doing it twice a week.

Normally for coffee we both put just a little bit of milk in it and my husband adds sugar as well to his. With the pour over we do not add anything. I find the coffee to have more flavor and it doesn't seem to matter quite as much what coffee we get because it all seems to taste good. With the pour over you can do more experimenting on your own with how you like it including the temperature, how fast the water soaks into the grinds and drips down, etc. Some people like stronger, some like weaker coffee so you get that more control. If you get it first several times you make it if you normally add cream/milk/sugar, etc in I would hold off so you can really taste the coffee bare and learn which works best for your tastes.

I'm not sure if this is the video my husband used when learning it (and there is a learning curve to the actual pouring process) but it is a good one explaining the steps

In the video the guy says how much coffee he uses, we use 30 grams of coffee weighted for 2 people but I don't know the final weight of the brewed coffee (also measured on a scale) off the top of my head.

IMO it's worth it to try (but I wouldn't go and get a really fancy expensive model) but I like that we only do it Saturday/Sunday because of the time involved (an espresso takes more time and is why it's more of a random treat for us rather than an everyday thing).
So, first of all, I second pour over coffee. I've had a Chemex glass pour over for years, but I just recently got a V60. It's the small (size 01), but I've been using it a lot lately (I just bought an electric gooseneck kettle that I was going to take to the office to make coffee there with them easily, but it's now on my counter at home and I'm not sure I can move it until I have one for home too - it's just so much easier than even doing the stovetop gooseneck). For ratio/instructions, I'd recommend James Hoffman's videos on YouTube - he's very good and has 2 good demonstrations for doing pour over. He has an older one but then did a new one recently with a variation for making 1 cup at a time.

I have a WDW question for you related to this though - have you brought the V60 with you to WDW? We brought the Chemex a few times when we were driving down a couple years ago, but now that we're flying again, I don't want to pack the glass or even use the space. I'm thinking of getting a size 02 or 03 plastic V60 to pack and bring with us. We're staying in a DVC 2-bedroom in January, I just can't remember if there's anything that would work well for the carafe to put the V60 on top of - it would defeat the point if I brought a glass carafe down for it (although I guess it would be a little easier to pack since the V60 and carafe would be separate instead of one big piece like the Chemex).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter