Favorite Character Meal for food AND interactions?

Ashleybs

Mouseketeer
After 10 yrs we are finally headed back to WDW! My oldest son is 15 and my youngest son is 7. What is your favorite character meal for both the food and the interaction with the characters? We did Chef Mickey's when we went 10 yrs ago and while the food wasn't great, I liked the interaction we got. I'm interested in more of the main characters so that we can eliminate having to stand in lines for pics at the parks. Thanks!

Garden Grill at Epcot--has Chip/Dale, Farmer Mickey, and Pluto. The restaurant rotates over the Land ride. We like the food--it's served family style--last time we went there for dinner we had turkey/fixings, steak, mac and cheese, fries, salad, bread, berry shortcake. They'll bring you more of whatever you want. Chip/Dale are hilarious!

I second Garden Grill. Most characters came around multiple times and it was nice not having to get up and go to a buffet.

We love ohana and crystal palace breakfast, food was very good at garden grill breakfast as well but we actually felt like characters were rushed (could have just been a busy morning) 1900 park breakfast or dinner is also pretty good.

Crystal Palace breakfast is my favorite, with Pooh and friends. And I love the ambience of the place too, with the morning light pouring in and the castle just outside the window.

Garden Grill is a close second. It's never been terribly busy when I've gone, and so Mickey, Pluto, Chip n Dale stopped by a few times, and some even squeezed into our table!!

Tusker House is the best meal and character experience IOO, followed by Garden Grill regardless of time frame.
The food at the others is alright for breakfast.

I second Garden Grill. Most characters came around multiple times and it was nice not having to get up and go to a buffet.
I agree with this too. I like sitting and enjoying my meal while waiting for characters to come by. We ate breakfast at Garden Grill and absolutely LOVED IT! The food was so fresh and delicious...and the characters were just super cute.

We love Tusker House Breakfast. And had some good interactions there.
Awesome interaction with the Mad Hatter at 1900 PF, but points off for food
I am trying Garden Grill Breakfast next trip for the first time.

If you're looking for fab 5 dining I would do Tusker House in AK, Garden Grill in Epcot or even the new Topolino's for breakfast at the Riviera. Tusker House is the only buffet, but Garden Grill is family so still all you can eat.

Another vote for Garden Grill. The food is good, but the interactions here are like no where else. Chip, Dale, Mickey and Pluto came around multiple times, and stayed for a long time. My little one was able to get up and play around with each of the characters without having to worry about taking away from anyone else's time. I will also add 1900 Park Fair just for the Stepsisters. The cast members seem to really have fun when given those particular characters to portray.

Garden Grill breakfast, Storybook Dining at Artist Point, Bon Voyage breakfast are our faves. 1900 PF dinner was good for the stepsisters, but the food was OK (except the strawberry soup is so yummy).

I would suggest Garden Grill, Tusker House, and Artist Point (the Storybook Dining at Widerness Lodge).
I like the character interaction at 1900 Park Fare. The food was good but not something that I would rave about.
EDIT: my profile pic is from Garden Grill - Mickey actually sat at our table and interacted with our daughter. We still talk about Mickey "joining" us for dinner that to this day.

So much of this hinges on the people playing the characters that day and how you choose to interact with them. We've had meals at all of these spots with great interactions and others that were very average. I could go to Cape May or Tusker one year and it's amazing interaction and go back in a year and it's all very bland and generic. For that reason, I still say you should pick the meals with the characters you want to see and menus that appeal the most.

Another vote for Garden Grill. We really enjoy the food, far more than we anticipated we would. The character interaction was great as well! The characters spent a lot of time with us. It didn't have the rushed feeling we've felt at other character meals. The characters also came around more than once which was a bonus.

Hands down Minnie's Seasonal Dine at Hollywood & Vine for lunch or dinner, with Mickey and Crew in fun outfits that rotate by season (NOT breakfast, which has different characters). We've done every character meal at WDW at least once but this is the one that we do every do every trip. The food is really good with a wide variety of dishes (definitely try the seafood mac n cheese and buffalo-style roast chicken), and also has lots of good kids options (including soft serve ice cream sundaes for dessert--big hit with our kids). Plus, you can add on premium seating for Fantasmic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter