Fastpasses after 60 day window?

dizneefan13

Earning My Fins
Two people in our group may not have their tickets at 60 days when the first window opens.
Does that mean FoP and Slinky may be unattainable? I read that some people say its not a big deal; that they get these two hard to get FP's just be being diligent and trying until they open up.
What about people who stay off property with just a 30 day window? I can't imagine they never get FP's for the hard-to-gets, but I guess its possible.
All the planning and decision making for a Disney trip is a lot of work!

We are just back from a two week Disney trip. We did not make any fastpasses until the day we arrived at Disney. We could not get FoP at all. And, I did use refresh. Otherwise, I got all of the fastpasses I wanted. Now, we did not get Kilimanjaro Safari or the Pandora river ride until the second last night of our trip, and I didn't look for the Slinky Dog ride. Otherwise, no problems.

Availability

The vast majority of the 63 FP attractions at WDW have FPs available as late as day-of.

Guests participating in the FP+ Pilot Program, who have access to FPs at 90 days in advance, can assume wide availability for all attractions.

- Attractions listed here are the most difficult to get. Onsite guests can expect limited availability even at 60 days in advance, while offsite guests are unlikely to get much availability (if at all) at 30 days. Acquiring these attractions less than 7 days in advance may require frequent monitoring of FP availability via the MDX app or website. Same-day FPs are most unlikely, but possible with constant monitoring via MDX.
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (Magic Kingdom)
  • Frozen Ever After (Epcot)
  • Slinky Dog Dash (Hollywood Studios)
  • Avatar Flight Of Passage (Animal Kingdom)
- Attractions listed here can be difficult to get. Onsite guests can expect good availability at 60 days in advance, while offsite guests can expect limited availability at 30 days. Acquiring these attractions less than 7 days in advance will likely require regular monitoring of FP availability via the MDX app or website. Same-day FPs are possible with constant monitoring via MDX.
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (Magic Kingdom)
  • Peter Pan's Flight (Magic Kingdom)
  • Space Mountain (Magic Kingdom)
  • Splash Mountain (Magic Kingdom)
  • IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth (Epcot)
  • Soarin' (Epcot)
  • Test Track (Epcot)
  • Toy Story Mania (Hollywood Studios)
  • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (Hollywood Studios)
  • Navi River Journey (Animal Kingdom)
  • Rivers of Light (Animal Kingdom)
- All other attractions are relatively easy to get. Onsite guests can expect wide availability at 60 days in advance, while offsite guests can expect good availability at 30 days. Acquiring these attractions less than 7 days is likely, but availability may be limited. Same-day FPs are likely, but may require frequent monitoring via MDX.

- Success at getting FPs depends primarily on two factors: the size of the group and how often one is willing to “refresh” the available FP list for that attraction. Constant refreshing, patience, and persistence can result in getting even the most difficult FPs as late as day-of.

- The MDX system can be used to check availability at any park, even if FPs are selected for a different park that day. However, guests are advised to be careful not to confirm any selections offered, or existing FPs will be affected. See the FP FAQ Addendum for more information.

- In general, day-of FP availability for most headliners--particularly outside of Magic Kingdom—is typically low and approaches nonexistent as choices for 4th FPs since several hours must pass until guests are eligible for 4th FPs.

- There is little evidence that different “pools” of FPs are maintained for different booking windows. In other words, the full slate of FPs available for any particular attraction is released at one time, some 70+ days in advance, and none are saved for offsite guests or those who wait until they arrive in the park.

- If maximum choice and times of FPs is desired, then reserving them at the earliest opportunity is highly recommended.

At my 60 day mark I wasn't able to get Slinky Dog (for my first park day).

I kept refreshing the next day to see if anyone dropped anything and I was able to get it two for 7pm, then 6:35pm and finally i'm at 5:20pm. So i'm not sure when your friends will get tickets but its possible.

I also work a desk job and keep the app open and refresh it every few minutes.

Once the 30 day mark hits, it will really get tough as it is open FP season. Probably your best luck will be to modify the day of. Lots of stories of people that go with no FP and are able to score almost everything. I have been able to find FOP day of, but not slinky dog.

We have a trip coming up in two weeks. Our 1st night is offsite and I was able to book fast passes for a Sat. in MK and DHS (not for SDD) at 30 days out. I even got 7DMT for myself! They changed the park hours a few days later and I was able to adjust my time for PP to later. All of the fastpass times were for late in the evening but it worked with our plans. Don't be discouraged. If you can't get a certain ride, keep checking or try the day of as other people have posted. It can be done.

I was able to get FoP twice on the same day by refreshing.

Honestly, I didn't try too hard for Slinky. I pay for the special events at HS so it's not something we need.

We are a party of 3, so that helps.

Keep an eye on the park hours as others have said.

Last October I couldn’t get SDD or FOP at 60 days. Less than 2 weeks later I got them both. It took lots of stalking but things do pop up all the time. You just have to be there to catch them.

Thanks everybody for all your great advice and help! I really appreciate how helpful everyone is here.
I will definitely keep an eye out for extended park hours. Great tips!
I am going to make fp's for my immediate family at 60 days at least for slinky and FoP if I can get them.
And we just might do AK after hours one night, too. I'm going to check that out.

AK after hours is only on sale for dates up to 6/18. Another thing I have to be on the lookout for.

Last edited:
I didn't book our trip/get tickets until about 45 days before our upcoming trip. I was able to get FOP and SDMT no problem. I didn't try for Slinky Dog; the person I am going with hasn't been to Disney since 1984, so almost everything will be "new" to her anyway, and I think she'd like TSM more. So slinky Dog wasn't available when I booked, and I haven't bothered checking back at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter