Fastpass scans not registering?

jbehr12

DIS Veteran
I’m at Epcot now and twice today I scanned for fastpasses and low and behold they were still there after the ride like it never happened. Scanner turned green, nothing abnormal happened. First was for Soarin’ and second for Seas with Nemo and Friends... rode both twice with the same single fastpass. Any ideas why this is happening?

I’m at Epcot now and twice today I scanned for fastpasses and low and behold they were still there after the ride like it never happened. Scanner turned green, nothing abnormal happened. First was for Soarin’ and second for Seas with Nemo and Friends... rode both twice with the same single fastpass. Any ideas why this is happening?

Normal operation. Welcome to FP”+”.

So you looked in MDE and they were still there so thats how you figured you would try again? I would never even think to try I would just think they just didn't leave the screen. I will make sure if I see my FPs sitting on MDE that I will tey again.

Thanks for the information! Happy you got to ride twice.

Last edited:
I noticed this happened to us a few weeks ago. I assumed it was because of the rider switch. I thought about getting back on BTM but I didn’t want to face the embarrassment of Mickey lighting up red. Did you use the rider switch or was it just a regular FP?

I noticed this happened to us a few weeks ago. I assumed it was because of the rider switch. I thought about getting back on BTM but I didn’t want to face the embarrassment of Mickey lighting up red. Did you use the rider switch or was it just a regular FP?

No rider switch, just normal FP+. And I went to make a 4th FP after Soarin’ (my third FP for the day) but it was still there and couldn’t. Figured I’d give it a try and it worked on both rides. I asked the CM at Soarin’ how his day was and he seemed very taken back by that so at first I thought he worked some Pixie Dust but then it happened again at Nemo so I have no clue. Guess I won’t question it!

I’ve had this happen a few times. It happens randomly and usually to only one person in the party. And everyone tapped in.

It’s especially super annoying when you realize it only after finding a desired 4th FP that is a Tier 1...

Seems like the underlying theme is single FP. Interesting! Let’s not tell Disney

I’ve had this happen a few times. It happens randomly and usually to only one person in the party. And everyone tapped in.

It’s especially super annoying when you realize it only after finding a desired 4th FP that is a Tier 1...

Okay, happened again today at MK but this time with an anytime FP. Peter Pans Flight went down so I had an anytime FP but it wasn’t showing on MDE. Went to Space Mountain to use it, asked the CM if it’ll work even if it’s not on my phone. They had me scan and it worked no problem. The Peter Pan FP still wasn’t gone even though the app clearly shows it down (still does I believe). Then while on SM I got the alert I now have an anytime FP, which now 15 minutes later is still there even though I used it. What is going on? Am I just having really good luck here??

No rider switch, just normal FP+. And I went to make a 4th FP after Soarin’ (my third FP for the day) but it was still there and couldn’t. Figured I’d give it a try and it worked on both rides. I asked the CM at Soarin’ how his day was and he seemed very taken back by that so at first I thought he worked some Pixie Dust but then it happened again at Nemo so I have no clue. Guess I won’t question it!

That exact scenario happened to me last month! It was driving me crazy that I couldn't make a 4th FP because it said I hadn't used my original 3 yet. But I never thought to try the FP a second time. I will definitely keep this in mind for the future!

Seems like the underlying theme is single FP. Interesting! Let’s not tell Disney

I was helping a group there earlier this month and it probably happened to them three times in three days. It was single once but the whole group twice.

I didn't see it as a positive because it can mess with tiers. I guess it would be a positive with a few select rides that are fun twice back-to-back but it mostly just causes confusion, I think.

Disney would never let Mickey be angry and red! You get blue if you don't have a FP.

I was helping a group there earlier this month and it probably happened to them three times in three days. It was single once but the whole group twice.

I didn't see it as a positive because it can mess with tiers. I guess it would be a positive with a few select rides that are fun twice back-to-back but it mostly just causes confusion, I think.

Disney would never let Mickey be angry and red! You get blue if you don't have a FP.

You’re right about the tiers. Luckily it didn’t impact me negatively.

Same thing happened to my group of 4 last month. It was with our anytime fast passes that we were issued when Splash was down. Since they were anytime fast passes it really worked in our favor since it was a busy day at MK during Easter. I waited awhile before using them because I felt bad, but then I realized I couldn't make our 4TH fast pass until they were gone. So the kids enjoyed some rides that they likely may not have gone on because of the long lines.

I have had that happen, but like others it would be with one random person in our group and it messed with us getting 4th and beyond FPs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter