FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Main street Electrical Parade something that is typically available as a Fourth FP +? Going May 3rd to MK as our MK Day. Mom has requested it as a FP+ priority, so I want to see how worth it is. Is the reserved area for MSEP a good spot for Wishes and getting out after Wishes? Willing to do both there. My prefered Wishes Spot (Main Street Train station) is a no go because of ECV for Mom.

1. Is Main street Electrical Parade something that is typically available as a Fourth FP +? Going May 3rd to MK as our MK Day. Mom has requested it as a FP+ priority, so I want to see how worth it is.
2. Is the reserved area for MSEP a good spot for Wishes
3. and getting out after Wishes?
Willing to do both there.
4. My prefered Wishes Spot (Main Street Train station) is a no go because of ECV for Mom.

1. No. Virtually never.
2. Nope. (And, you can't see much at all from there of the "must-see" Celebrate the Magic castle show that starts 15 min. before Wishes.)
3. Yes, at least that.
4. They have recently removed the seats in the viewing area up there.

Hopefully this won't cause too much backlash....

I have two child swap FP question. I will not be buying extra MB to get SDFP but I will have my 2 yr old's MB and according to what I've read, his can be used for SDFP. Could I schedule him for SDFP for a child swap ride, enter the FP queue with his band, get the child swap pass then immediately use the pass for myself, my dad, and my 4.5yr old?

I realize I could just schedule my dad and I for different child swap rides and do it that way, but we all prefer to ride together (mom and my 2 yr old won't be riding).

The other question I have, and I'm fairly certain I know the answer to, is when my dad, my 4.5 yr old, and I ride a child swap ride, can we get a child swap pass (bc my 2 yr old has to wait with my mom) to use and we three just use it later in the day if we want? My mom doesn't ride any child swap rides except Splash mountain.

Is Main street Electrical Parade something that is typically available as a Fourth FP +? Going May 3rd to MK as our MK Day. Mom has requested it as a FP+ priority, so I want to see how worth it is. Is the reserved area for MSEP a good spot for Wishes and getting out after Wishes? Willing to do both there. My prefered Wishes Spot (Main Street Train station) is a no go because of ECV for Mom.
I saw it available this afternoon for tonight when "practicing" but it was only for the second show, and I only saw it one or two times and I checked availability multiple times.

Could I schedule him for SDFP for a child swap ride, enter the FP queue with his band, get the child swap pass then immediately use the pass for myself, my dad, and my 4.5yr old?
Your ride choices will be limited but if you scheduled a height-restricted ride, one rider MUST ride first before the Rider Swap pass with 3 riders ride.

we three just use it later in the day if we want?
Yes. You can use it at any time you would like before it expires.

Hopefully this won't cause too much backlash....

I have two child swap FP question. I will not be buying extra MB to get SDFP but I will have my 2 yr old's MB and according to what I've read, his can be used for SDFP. Could I schedule him for SDFP for a child swap ride, enter the FP queue with his band, get the child swap pass then immediately use the pass for myself, my dad, and my 4.5yr old?

I realize I could just schedule my dad and I for different child swap rides and do it that way, but we all prefer to ride together (mom and my 2 yr old won't be riding).

The other question I have, and I'm fairly certain I know the answer to, is when my dad, my 4.5 yr old, and I ride a child swap ride, can we get a child swap pass (bc my 2 yr old has to wait with my mom) to use and we three just use it later in the day if we want? My mom doesn't ride any child swap rides except Splash mountain.

According to item #13 under General on the first post in this thread, the Magic Band for the 2-year-old child will not provide a fastpass.

ETA: Next post explains that the MB can be used to get FPs at kiosks in parks if the MB does not have any associated FPs assigned to it. Good to know; maybe we'll find a use with the two under-3-yr-olds we'll have with us on our next visit.

Last edited:
According to item #13 under General on the first post in this thread, the Magic Band for the 2-year-old child will not provide a fastpass.
@ArielSRL will scan the MB at a kiosk - any RFID will trigger a set of 3 FPs at an in park kiosk as long as the RFID is not directly linked to FPs booked for that day.

She cannot pre-book FPs with that MB.

Your ride choices will be limited but if you scheduled a height-restricted ride, one rider MUST ride first before the Rider Swap pass with 3 riders ride.

Yes. You can use it at any time you would like before it expires.
Thank you so much!!

ETA: does it expire that same day?

I apologize but I have two more questions. Is child swap available in both the FP queue and the standby queue? For example, we plan to do BTMRR at rope drop without a FP. Can we get a rider swap then?

And, I realize this is a tad greedy but, can you get a child swap pass when in line using a previous child swap pass?

I apologize but I have two more questions. Is child swap available in both the FP queue and the standby queue? For example, we plan to do BTMRR at rope drop without a FP. Can we get a rider swap then?

And, I realize this is a tad greedy but, can you get a child swap pass when in line using a previous child swap pass?

Just a heads up, the CM may not give you a rider swap at RD for BTMR if the line isn't building yet (we were told last time that the wait wouldn't be more than 5 mins and it wasn't. Walk on 3 times in a row). It seems to be cast member discretion first thing in the day.

Just a heads up, the CM may not give you a rider swap at RD for BTMR if the line isn't building yet (we were told last time that the wait wouldn't be more than 5 mins and it wasn't. Walk on 3 times in a row). It seems to be cast member discretion first thing in the day.

I got told that at RNRC once not long after rope drop. "It's only a 10 minute wait right now." But, it wasn't going to be a 10 minute wait in 10 minutes. He gave me the pass...and sure enough, before DW and DD#1 returned (which was much longer that 10 minutes), it was up to 60...

Good to know! Thanks!

I got told that at RNRC once not long after rope drop. "It's only a 10 minute wait right now." But, it wasn't going to be a 10 minute wait in 10 minutes. He gave me the pass...and sure enough, before DW and DD#1 returned (which was much longer that 10 minutes), it was up to 60...
I'll definitely try that if I get told that about the wait. Thanks!

I'm sorry if this was asked before in previous pages...but is there a way to 'practice' booking FP so that I know what to expect? I get to choose tomorrow! So midnight...I don't want to waste precious time getting navigated :)

I'm sorry if this was asked before in previous pages...but is there a way to 'practice' booking FP so that I know what to expect? I get to choose tomorrow! So midnight...I don't want to waste precious time getting navigated :)

If you have tickets registered separately in your MDX profile, then yes - you can practice booking and canceling FP+ by selecting days within the next 30 days.

If you tickets are part of a package, unfortunately not - you can't book anything until the 60 day window opens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter