FastPass+ Basic Info, Suggested Priorities, And Strategies--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made my first FP reservations last night. Can't say I was too impressed - guess I should have practiced. I didn't realize they'd just spit out a time as opposed to me being able to finagle it. But I guess that's what modify if for?

Why won't they let you just make one reservation? If I have 3 FP+ and miss the first one due to transportation or other time management issues will it cancel the other two?
No, it won't, and you can also modify that first one if this should happen to another time or attraction (subject to availability).

Made my first FP reservations last night. Can't say I was too impressed - guess I should have practiced. I didn't realize they'd just spit out a time as opposed to me being able to finagle it. But I guess that's what modify if for?

So you don't get to pick a time slot it just spits out the first one available?

So you don't get to pick a time slot it just spits out the first one available?

According to the link provided at the start of this thread, you are given 4 time slot options to choose from and then you can modify the one you choose.

(I use it for the first time next week)

I did my FP+ reservations yesterday and had no trouble changing times to what I wanted. Just remember that they have to be a full hour in between, so if you want to have one at 1:00PM, the next one, or previous one, has to be at least an hour away. Sometimes, I had to change one of them to something I really didn't want, just to get them in the order I wanted, and then once the other two lined up right, I went back and changed that first one to the time I needed. It's not that hard, and once you get in there you will figure it out pretty quickly.

According to the link provided at the start of this thread, you are given 4 time slot options to choose from and then you can modify the one you choose.

(I use it for the first time next week)

Yes, but it gives you 4 different options for all 3 FPs. I got bogged down because one would be a good time for us, but the other 2 wouldn't be or visa versa. I should have just taken the best one for 7 dwarves and then modified the other two later. So I would say have your priorities for each day and then modify the others as needed.

Epcot is the worst because of the tiers and our limited interest in the other attractions. Not sure why it gives me a FP for the Mickey meet and greet when I'm not going to use it. Why not let people only do one FP if that's what they're interested in?

Ok, this may be a dumb question, but I made all of my FP+ reservations yesterday. My 2 older children won't be riding ToT, Mission Space: Orange, and a couple of others where the height requirement won't allow them to ride. I was told to make the FP+'s for my whole group and that I could remove certain ones later, but not sure how to do so. Can anyone answer this for me so I don't have to read through the whole thread? I'm afraid I'll screw up the rest of our group's FP+ if I try to alter them, but I also don't want my kids taking up FP+'s they won't be using that someone else may need...

Ok, this may be a dumb question, but I made all of my FP+ reservations yesterday. My 2 older children won't be riding ToT, Mission Space: Orange, and a couple of others where the height requirement won't allow them to ride. I was told to make the FP+'s for my whole group and that I could remove certain ones later, but not sure how to do so. Can anyone answer this for me so I don't have to read through the whole thread? I'm afraid I'll screw up the rest of our group's FP+ if I try to alter them, but I also don't want my kids taking up FP+'s they won't be using that someone else may need...
Using the app (NOT the website!), go to the modify FP option. Select your day and then the "select new time or attraction option." Pick the FP you want to modify, then select "change this FP experience." On the next page, select only those individuals you want to remove. You can then pick a new attraction for them. It will highlight the time closest to your existing FP, but you can also select from any other available times during the day.

Using the app (NOT the website!), go to the modify FP option. Select your day and then the "select new time or attraction option." Pick the FP you want to modify, then select "change this FP experience." On the next page, select only those individuals you want to remove. You can then pick a new attraction for them. It will highlight the time closest to your existing FP, but you can also select from any other available times during the day.
Thank you for the info!

Will it only show attractions that have spots open to match the ones you are replacing?
The system will show you attractions that have slots that don't interfere with your other FPs.

If you move all 3 to undesirable times (opposite of what you want), then the system will show you what's available during your target timeslots.

The system will show you attractions that have slots that don't interfere with your other FPs.

If you move all 3 to undesirable times (opposite of what you want), then the system will show you what's available during your target timeslots.

Wouldn't you risk losing those desirable timeslots if you move them to undesirable timeslots, even if you just wanted to move some of them back?

If you Modified at the 60-day mark, you'd have a good chance of selecting what you want because you will be in control of selection one at a time.

When the system does it, they are searching for the best fit for all 3 at one time... and they can cancel out optimum scheduling searching for 3 rather than 1.

This wouldn't apply to Elsa & 7DMT tho, right? You have to grab whatever comes up for them because there might not be another time for them???

This wouldn't apply to Elsa & 7DMT tho, right? You have to grab whatever comes up for them because there might not be another time for them???
Correct. If the best times for A&E and Mine Train are your priority, choose Buzz, Philharmagic, or Barnstormer as your 3rd choice. The lower demand 3rd choice shouldn't block you from getting an optimum time for the others. Then, you can go back in and change your 3rd experience to something that fits around A&E and Mine Train.

I read the initial posts and not sure if this is answered somewhere in the thread. If it has been answered I apologize for asking again. I am traveling with a party of nine, but we are arriving on two separate days. My brother and two of his children are arriving Monday, November 2nd, while the rest of the group (his wife, his daughter, my parents, my husband and myself) will be arriving November 4th. My brother's first day in the parks will be Tuesday and ours will be Thursday. I am the one with the MDE account. How and when do I work the fast passes for this? Will three passes open up for the first two days and then the rest will open up two days later? I am confused by the two different dates how this will work and would appreciate any help. I don't want mess up the fast passes by not booking properly.

Will it work to have the same MDE account open on two different computers so DH and I can both work on booking fast passes at the same time?

Will it work to have the same MDE account open on two different computers so DH and I can both work on booking fast passes at the same time?

It should. I wouldn't bother with this unless you want one or more A&E FPs, otherwise I don't think it's necessary.

I see many recommendations to use the app. What is the preferred app? I have the iphone and ipad, and if needed, can use DH android. The ipad app is so much nicer than the iphone but I haven't tried to make FP yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter