Fastlane higher rate!

lsyorke

DIS Veteran
While doing my weekly rental check I got a rate at Dollar of $107.10 for an intermediate car for 5 days. Great rate. When I went back to enter my Fastland number the rate jumped to $159.00!! Anyone ever have this happen. By the way this great rate was without entering any code, the codes made it go up!

I've seen codes have a 'reverse effect' on price, but never FastLane. I have locked in a great rate over the 'net, then called the 800 number to add my FastLane number without affecting the price.

Bill From PA

"I've seen codes have a 'reverse effect' on price"

I've seen that too, but I didn't enter a code either time.Very strange. I plan on calling to add my fastlane account, but I wanted to let people know that this happened so they don't assume that Fastlane doesn't change things. I'll post whatever info I get from Dollar when I call.

I think the site has changed now so that you don't need to call to add your FastLane #. When I reserved a car last month, I just went to the FastLane homepage at https://www.dollar.com/fastlane/index.aspx and reserved via the regular procedure and my FastLane # was noted on the confirmation. Rate was the same with or without the FastLane code.

I emailed after I reserved, they then added my Fastlane
#. I haven't had that happen when I entered Fastlane #,
only different codes.

Just checked: after I entered my Fastlane # my rate
went down $4.00.

"I haven't had that happen when I entered Fastlane #,
only different codes."

Same here. I went to the link above and the 107 rate came up through the Fastlane site. I think its a website problem because when I tried to duplicate the problem on the main page no matter what type car I chose it quoted a full size! I think I'll just e-mail my fastlane number in and keep the current reservation.

I agree-I think they are having some computer problems today.

When I went to try to duplicate my ressie it gave me
the price based on 10 days using the per day rate
(rather than weekly + 3 days).

Has anyone checked Dollar with no code today!

Just modified my fullsize rental and saved
another $60.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter