Fast Pass Limits

siestakey

Malificent Fan
Just back from a 4 day stay with the grandkids. Anyone else think the current Fast Pass system is flawed? Perhaps uf they limited it to 6 FP's per park per day, we would have more interaction with our families instead of our phones trying to score another FP.

Using phone to get fast pass is totally optional. I know I only do it when I'm standing in a line and there is nothing to see or waiting for people to come back from toilet

Using phone to get fast pass is totally optional. I know I only do it when I'm standing in a line and there is nothing to see or waiting for people to come back from toilet

This. If I'm looking for a 4th or more FP+, I'm already in a line for another attraction, or having something to eat, or doing a bit of shopping. And I don't do it constantly, I take a look and if there's nothing of interest I'll stop for a while. There are threads that mention certain times of the day when FP+ seem to appear more often for various parks (other than MK).

More often than not, when I read the Disboards I get the impression that if some folks don't manage to get a FP+ for an attraction then they won't do it. Don't get addicted to FP+. You are at WDW with the grandkids. Do what a lot of folks do for these rides - get in the line and wait. You'll have plenty of interaction time with your families there.

No thanks, I’d rather they had less booked in advance but that obviously won’t happen. 6 hours of FP a day that cannot be overlapped, especially in conjunction with ADRs, sounds like a planning nightmare. Not to mention the availability would be garbage if everybody gets 3 extra to start with.

I’d be bummed if they did anything more to mess with the spontaneity of the rolling FP.

This. If I'm looking for a 4th or more FP+, I'm already in a line for another attraction, or having something to eat, or doing a bit of shopping. And I don't do it constantly, I take a look and if there's nothing of interest I'll stop for a while. There are threads that mention certain times of the day when FP+ seem to appear more often for various parks (other than MK).

More often than not, when I read the Disboards I get the impression that if some folks don't manage to get a FP+ for an attraction then they won't do it. Don't get addicted to FP+. You are at WDW with the grandkids. Do what a lot of folks do for these rides - get in the line and wait. You'll have plenty of interaction time with your families there.
[/QUOTE
We don't bother looking for more FP's. We do get in the lines and talk about the people walking thru the park looking at their phones, instead of their family's.

Sounds like you spend a large portion of you day worrying about what other a re doing. Do it your way and have fun and don't be so concerned how others enjoy there day. Maybe spending 1min on there phone getting a fast pass instead of waiting a hour plus for a ride makes there day more enjoyable

We don't bother looking for more FP's. We do get in the lines and talk about the people walking thru the park looking at their phones, instead of their family's.

Why are you spending your family time worrying about how others are spending their family time? :confused3

It's definitely possible to quickly pull out your phone and book a FP and still talk to your family. I do it several times a day on our trips.

I
Just back from a 4 day stay with the grandkids. Anyone else think the current Fast Pass system is flawed? Perhaps uf they limited it to 6 FP's per park per day, we would have more interaction with our families instead of our phones trying to score another FP.
I don't find that it has any real effect on how much time I spend with my family. It probably takes up maybe 5 to 10 minutes of my day. I spend more time than that in the bathroom

We score 8+ fast passes a day and rarely spend more than a few minutes on our phones. We take turns while in the queue (or have a friendly family competition) and can generally grab another same-day FP in a minute or two of refreshing the app.

I do it in lines. If I can't find something in the line we sit down and have a drink or snack and look for something. By the time we are finished I've been sitting and laughing with my family for 20 minutes. If anything the way the fastpasses work right now give me more time to enjoy my family because I'm not always standing in a line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!