Fast and Furious ride announced!!

I have mixed emotions on the 2 attractions closing. I saw BJ during my trip in January. If fact, I saw it twice. The Preshows on Disasters were OK at best, but it was one of the few "behind the scenes" attractions left at either USF or DHS. For that reason alone it will be missed. Rumors have it that BJ may get a new home in the Fear Factor stadium.

Hopefully uni will make a great ride out of the area. Everyone has different rides/shows they like and dislike and I get that. However, I haven't been on disaster in years, never watched Beetle Juice or any of the HP shows. I've seen small parts of the hp shows but I'm just not interested. I finally watched all the movies last year but still am not potter fan. But.....the hp areas are amazing and we enjoy our time in them. My family is all about the rides and is personally love to see universal being a few serious coasters. I also love wooden coasters so would welcome the addition of one or two of those. I for one miss the old backlot tours.

Unfortunately, wooden coasters and Florida weather just don't mix well. Gwazi at Busch Gardens went from being a great ride to one that many people thought was unridable. I'm used to rough wooden coaster, being from Ohio I've ridden both Mean Streak and Son of Beast. On my farewell ride on Gwazi they'd trimmed it so much it was almost boring and it was still rough.

I also think Universal's days of building BIG thrill rides/roller coasters is over. Universal is now competing head to head with Disney in terms of themeing and immersion. Rides like Hulk, Dragon Challenge and HRRR don't fit that model. And even though I like those coasters I don't mind this change of direction. I can ride rides like those at Cedar Point and Kings Island. And yes, I know they did a fabulous job themeing the queues.Rides like Spiderman, ROTM, and the like aren't available in your typical regional park. That's what I travel thousand of miles for.

Totally agree johde. I've been on the beast and used to frequent kennywood in Pittsburgh when my dad was getting his masters at Pitt. Loved those old wooden coasters. My 2 of my 3 kids are too small to enjoy cedar point. I've never been but once they are tall enough...I'll be there! Old enough to have risen what I believe was printed as the first inverted (hanging) coaster at kings island, the bat!

If you want to get your wooden coaster thrill in Orlando right now, I've heard good things about White Lightening at Fun Spot Orlando. It's only a couple of years old so Florida Weather hasn't been too hard on it yet.

Disaster I won't miss at all........BJ I did enjoy.

Not a fan of F&F either, but I'm sure I'll enjoy whatever they make it..........

I have mixed emotions on the 2 attractions closing. I saw BJ during my trip in January. If fact, I saw it twice. The Preshows on Disasters were OK at best, but it was one of the few "behind the scenes" attractions left at either USF or DHS. For that reason alone it will be missed. Rumors have it that BJ may get a new home in the Fear Factor stadium.

Unfortunately, wooden coasters and Florida weather just don't mix well. Gwazi at Busch Gardens went from being a great ride to one that many people thought was unridable. I'm used to rough wooden coaster, being from Ohio I've ridden both Mean Streak and Son of Beast. On my farewell ride on Gwazi they'd trimmed it so much it was almost boring and it was still rough.

I also think Universal's days of building BIG thrill rides/roller coasters is over. Universal is now competing head to head with Disney in terms of themeing and immersion. Rides like Hulk, Dragon Challenge and HRRR don't fit that model. And even though I like those coasters I don't mind this change of direction. I can ride rides like those at Cedar Point and Kings Island. And yes, I know they did a fabulous job themeing the queues.Rides like Spiderman, ROTM, and the like aren't available in your typical regional park. That's what I travel thousand of miles for.
Thats very nicely put. I love the coasters I've ridden in Orlando, but I live about an hour from Hershey Park so I can get my coaster fix there.

If you want to get your wooden coaster thrill in Orlando right now, I've heard good things about White Lightening at Fun Spot Orlando. It's only a couple of years old so Florida Weather hasn't been too hard on it yet.
I took my son and nephews to fun spot last year. I wasn't expecting much and was impressed with White Lightning. We probably rode it 20 times.

I've been hearing the Beetlejuice moving to Fear Factor rumor for a month or two now so there has to be something to it.I rode Gwazi at different times in it's like span,at first it was rickety and fun,then it started getting rough and they realized they had to change the trains,retrack it or something.I rode it after they changed to millenium flyer trains and I was so hopeful as the ride was close to how it was when new,but it just didn't last,it got rough and quickly.My last ride on it was clearly the roughest ever,when the ride was over I was thankful my internal organs made it through the ride,at that point I was fine if I never rode it again,and for me that's saying something as I love these rides.I've ridden Mean Streak and handful of times and while rough it never felt as bad as Gwazi.I'm sad I never got to ride Son of Beast,especially when it had the loop!!

The only hope I have for BJ being relocated is simply because there is a possibility that a new Beetlejuice 2 movie is coming out soon. If that's the case then I'm sure it'll increase the chances of a relocation and not a permanent closure. And maybe even another revamp of the show!

i have been reading on other places that Beetlejuice will be relocated.
crossing my fingers that really is the case.

it may be campy but i like campy.......

I'm so sad that Disaster is going to be closed for our trip :(

I'd hoped to ride it one last time. 1st Hulk and now this. Oh well it can't be helped but it will be missed by us.

Christopher Walker = epic

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter