FAQ: Travelling to/from Orlando (Including PCR/Antigen Test Info for Canadians)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been searching around and came across Life Centers (can't paste the link here for some reason) on another forum. They charge $20 per test for proctering plus $5 for each individual you add to the same video call who is travelling with you.

As long as your testing kits are authorized by Health Canada, you should be ok. People on the other forums used those green Rapid Response kits that Ontario govt. is providing and there were no issues at the airport.
We just did this Friday morning for 22 of us at our villa..All of us done in a hour with negative results to fly home yesterday. Zero issues

This one? Looks they are located in Calgary. You need to book an appt though, and availability is lacking unless you are booking more than 10 days out. (I would have tried them, but I need an appt on the 30th)

Same, I wanted to book for my 29th return but the earliest they have is 31st March.

Here is another one I am considering: Azova (again this forum doesn't allow me to post links probably because I signed up a few hours ago)

They have a lot of availabilities and I saw on another forum that some people tried it and it worked out well. It cost $20 USD per test.

Used Life Centers for our pre-entry antigen testing to cross the land border last Friday. Nurse was on time for our online appointment and everything went smooth. We brought 4 of our own tests that we had received in Ontario for free so our total cost was $35 CDN for 4 tests.

Also, a big thanks to @CanucksRock for starting and maintaining this thread. It was extremely helpful in understanding what are testing options were. It will also be great when it's no longer needed in a couple of weeks!

Walgreens is still listing as free. I already removed Curative as they no longer have free options. I also added a paid option that is cheaper than the airport - just in case. At least testing requirement goes away soon for the vaccinated.

We have our tests booked at Superstore in a few weeks ($40 each), but I think I might try Walmart. Cheaper and I’m hoping to get an earlier test time. We currently have 11am time slot but I feel I need all the time I can to prepare if god forbid someone tests positive. I am SO nervous!!

I was hoping it would be dropped by now but guess not :(

We have our tests booked at Superstore in a few weeks ($40 each), but I think I might try Walmart. Cheaper and I’m hoping to get an earlier test time. We currently have 11am time slot but I feel I need all the time I can to prepare if god forbid someone tests positive. I am SO nervous!!

In Alberta I used Walmart for my trip last week. I just did Rapid at home the day before (although I just had Covid 2 months ago, so I was fully expecting it to be negative) …and they never even asked to see it. (It’s hit or miss as to whether you will need to show it, as flight at gate next to mine was asked to show)

We used superstore. Got a print of the results. If positive I think they have to report it. I was really nervous but all was well.

Does anybody know if crossing over via Buffalo into Canada (by car) are they doing random testing? I know they do it if you travel by air. We are thinking of flying out of buffalo for our trip to Clearwater beach Florida in a few weeks. Worried about testing positive and having to isolate for 10 days. Thanks for any insight.

Does anybody know if crossing over via Buffalo into Canada (by car) are they doing random testing? I know they do it if you travel by air. We are thinking of flying out of buffalo for our trip to Clearwater beach Florida in a few weeks. Worried about testing positive and having to isolate for 10 days. Thanks for any insight.
I crossed a couple of weeks back. There is no random testing policy at the border. Just ensure your ArriveCan app is completed, and there likely will be no mention of covid or vaccinations when you cross.

Last edited:
I crossed a couple of weeks back. There is no random testing policy at the border. Just ensure your ArriveCan app is competed, and there likely will be no mention of covid or vaccinations when you cross.
We are crossing at Buffalo to go to the Adirondacks for Easter. I know I have to fill out ArriveCAN to come back to Canada, but does it also need to be filled out for crossing into USA ? I think I know the answer but I better be sure.

We are crossing at Buffalo to go to the Adirondacks for Easter. I know I have to fill out ArriveCAN to come back to Canada, but does it also need to be filled out for crossing into USA ? I think I know the answer but I better be sure.
ArriveCan is for entry into Canada only. To drive into the U.S. you only require proof of vaccination.

Having said that, in the past few months we have driven across the border (at Detroit, Buffalo, and Queenston) multiple times and the guards have yet to ask anything about vax status. The first time, at the tunnel in Detroit, after handing him our passports I held out our paper copies of our vaccinations, and he just waved them away.

YMMV of course, so be prepared.

No, you're only required to be double vaccinated to cross into the States. I was asked, but not required to show proof.

Update: We decided to switch our Clearwater trip to July. Then off to Universal for 10 days in August.. Fun summer ahead. :flower::beach:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!