FAQ about the Hotel Express Pass - AKA FOTL

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are staying for one night the last week of March 2 adults 2 teenagers. We will be checking in early on the first day to use our EP's and my niece (2nd teenager) will be getting dropped of around noon. I thought we could get her a key/EP when we checked in around 8am. I just read about the photo EP's, will we have to go back to the hotel to get her a photo EP? It's been I few years since we have been to Universal. Any help would be appreciated... Thanks.

We are staying for one night the last week of March 2 adults 2 teenagers. We will be checking in early on the first day to use our EP's and my niece (2nd teenager) will be getting dropped of around noon. I thought we could get her a key/EP when we checked in around 8am. I just read about the photo EP's, will we have to go back to the hotel to get her a photo EP? It's been I few years since we have been to Universal. Any help would be appreciated... Thanks.
AFAIK..Yes you will have to go back to the hotel.ALL the resort guest express passes now are photo passes.Everyone must have one in your party.They did away with the room keys because people were absuing the system by selling them/giving them to non-resort guests.So now the passes have photos on them and the TMs check to make sure the person using the pass is the person on the photo

it sounds like the 2nd teen is on your reservation but arriving after you check in.

if you can check her in with the rest of the family, and receive her hotel room key, she can have the express pass made at guest services.

since you are going during a busy time period, i do not know if the hotel will require to physically see the late arriving teen at check in.

you could call the hotel direct and ask if you can check her in and receive her room key in advance.

when an onsite hotel guest loses their express pass w/ picture, they can go to guest services in the park to replace it.

the TM has to cancel the lost express pass first.
then a new one will be made for the hotel guest.

there are kiosks located in guest services for this procedure.

Thanks for the replies... I called today and explained that she would be arriving late. I wish she was getting there at the same time it would be much easier but anyway... I was told everyone on the reservation will get a room key at check in and then we can go over to the kiosk in the lobby and get our photo EP's printed up. When my niece arrives we will have to go back to the lobby to get hers. I will try guest services, it would be much easier. 1 more week.

The Forbidden Journey and the Pterondon Flyers are the only rides that do not accept ep. The Ollivanders wand show in the WWoHP also does not do ep.

You will love ep- it will make you wonder how you ever did a theme park without one!

I know this has to be addressed somewhere, but can't find it...

Can you buy your tickets at Costco and still use the benefits of the hotel express pass (whatever it is called)?

Thanks!!

Can you buy your tickets at Costco and still use the benefits of the hotel express pass (whatever it is called)?

Thanks!!
Onsite benefits have nothing to do with theme park tickets...they are completely separate.

Thanks!!

Yes. The hotel express pass is based on you staying at the hotel, not where you get the tickets.

FOTL or Express Pass does not work for every ride. Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey is one of the rides that does not use Express Pass/FOTL

Just needing to confirm my thinking is straight on this..

I just booked a short stay during Thanksgiving for Portofino Bay. I get the Extra Special Express Pass and that is on the room key and I can go on the rides that accept EP repeatedly.

So all I need to do is buy my park tickets, as the admission is separate, but required, to get into the parks.

Am I missing anything? Or is there anything else I need to do? Looking forward to our very first Uni stay!

Just needing to confirm my thinking is straight on this..

I just booked a short stay during Thanksgiving for Portofino Bay. I get the Extra Special Express Pass and that is on the room key and I can go on the rides that accept EP repeatedly.

So all I need to do is buy my park tickets, as the admission is separate, but required, to get into the parks.

Am I missing anything? Or is there anything else I need to do? Looking forward to our very first Uni stay!

You've got the basics right. You are correct that you need to buy your park tickets separately. THey are cheapest through www.undercovertourist.com

One thing has changed and that is that your room key isn't your express pass anymore. You will take your room key to a kiosk in the hotel that will take your photo and issue a photo express pass. That is what you will use to get your unlimited express pass access to all rides except Forbidden Journey and Pteranodon Flyers.

You've got the basics right. You are correct that you need to buy your park tickets separately. THey are cheapest through www.undercovertourist.com

One thing has changed and that is that your room key isn't your express pass anymore. You will take your room key to a kiosk in the hotel that will take your photo and issue a photo express pass. That is what you will use to get your unlimited express pass access to all rides except Forbidden Journey and Pteranodon Flyers.

Great- thank you for that update about the EP. I do understand that FJ and PF are not included, and that's ok. We walked thru FJ, and if DD really wants to ride it, she can get up and get over to the park at 8am.

Thanks!!

Is there somewhere I can find the hours for that kiosk? We will be arriving at like 10:30 pm and DH will want to be in IOA at 7:30 am the next day for HP.

Onsite resort guests present it at the restaurant podiums and will be seated for the next available table for your party sze.. it is not good at:bubba gumps

Just remember that you won't be the only one using it, so don't expect to be immediately seated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter