FAQ about the Hotel Express Pass - AKA FOTL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh! Say it isn't so!

We stayed there Spring Break (3/2011) and DID get to use our room keys as FOTL passes the day we checked in and the (next )day we checked out.
So, I've advised some friends who are traveling over the Christmas break to do this too....
If someone finds out that it's only good for one day, please let us know!

eh, it isn't so.

i had checked the same site and did a google search when i answered above you.

and as damo agreed with my post, she also added where the source came from.
hotel guests do get the perk of express line unlimited usage the day they check out of the onsite hotel.

don't fret.
policy is still the same.

I'm confused -- if you stay at a Universal hotel, you get the express pass. But do you also get free park tickets, or do you have to buy your park tickets separately?

I'm confused -- if you stay at a Universal hotel, you get the express pass. But do you also get free park tickets, or do you have to buy your park tickets separately?

You must buy your park admission tickets separately. Once in the park though you can use your room keycard as an express pass to most of the rides.

You must buy your park admission tickets separately. Once in the park though you can use your room keycard as an express pass to most of the rides.

If you stay at a Universal hotel, the 'express pass' IS your room key ;)

Gotcha.

And, if you plan on staying more than 4 days, is there a way to buy tickets longer than 4 days?

Gotcha.

And, if you plan on staying more than 4 days, is there a way to buy tickets longer than 4 days?

Yes. You might want to look into the Universal 3-Park Unlimited ticket. It gets you admission to IOA, US, and Wet-n-Wild Orlando for fourteen consecutive days for about $26 more than the 4 day park-to-park for an adult (or about $19 more for kids).

I haven't gotten these before myself, but my understanding of them is that they expire 14 days after you've activated them by entering one of the parks, but you can use them however many times you want during those 14 days at as many of the 3 parks as you want per day.

So it is essentially a park-to-park-to-park 14 day ticket for barely more than a park-to-park 4 day ticket. It seems like a REALLY good deal to me if you plan to be in the parks for more than 4 days even if you're not interested in the water park.

And you might want to consider buying them from www.undercovertourist.com. It can really save you some money. From everything I've read UT is a very reliable source for tickets to both Universal and Disney. We plan to use them for our upcoming trip. Keep in mind while you are comparison shopping that the price quoted to you on the initial ticket purchasing page of Universal's website doesn't include tax & shipping, whereas the price on Undercover Tourist's site already has that included. Plus if you sign up for the mousesavers montly newsletter at www.mousesavers.com you can get a special discount link to undercovertourist's ticket sales that will save you even a couple of dollars more.

Yes. You might want to look into the Universal 3-Park Unlimited ticket. It gets you admission to IOA, US, and Wet-n-Wild Orlando for fourteen consecutive days for about $26 more than the 4 day park-to-park for an adult (or about $19 more for kids).

I haven't gotten these before myself, but my understanding of them is that they expire 14 days after you've activated them by entering one of the parks, but you can use them however many times you want during those 14 days at as many of the 3 parks as you want per day.

So it is essentially a park-to-park-to-park 14 day ticket for barely more than a park-to-park 4 day ticket. It seems like a REALLY good deal to me if you plan to be in the parks for more than 4 days even if you're not interested in the water park.

And you might want to consider buying them from www.undercovertourist.com. It can really save you some money. From everything I've read UT is a very reliable source for tickets to both Universal and Disney. We plan to use them for our upcoming trip. Keep in mind while you are comparison shopping that the price quoted to you on the initial ticket purchasing page of Universal's website doesn't include tax & shipping, whereas the price on Undercover Tourist's site already has that included. Plus if you sign up for the mousesavers montly newsletter at www.mousesavers.com you can get a special discount link to undercovertourist's ticket sales that will save you even a couple of dollars more.

Thanks!

Maybe this question is just too basic and that's why it hasn' been addressed- LOL!- But there have been many discussions about how you may use your on-site park passes/FOTL tickets from the date of check-in to check-out.
We are staying at RPR March 18-22 and have purchased the Harry Potter package which includes a 3 day base ticket for 2 adults and 1- 6 yr old ( the two yr old doesn't need a park pass). I thought that we were literally only able to use the park passes for 3 total days (one park per day) and that our park passes would be activated for that first day when we set foot inside the first park.
However- I am confused about discussions of using the park passes from check-in to check out.
We are arriving noon to mid-afternoon on the 18th and I presumed that we would just use that day to hang out by the pool and maybe visit CityWalk for a meal and then begin our 3 day passes on the 19th with the early admission to WWoHP.
Is this correct?? Any other suggestions?

The from check in until eod check out is for the hotel benefits. If you only have a 3 day pass then you can only go 3 days, but your hotel benefits of FOTL will be good for any of the days you are staying at the hotel no matter what days you go to the park.

We are arriving noon to mid-afternoon on the 18th and I presumed that we would just use that day to hang out by the pool and maybe visit CityWalk for a meal and then begin our 3 day passes on the 19th with the early admission to WWoHP.

You are correct, go ahead and relax by the pool and have fun exploring the resort(s) and citywalk and then start the parks the next morning. Now, you can always check how much to add a day, I know for mine it was only around $5 to go from 3 to 4 day passes.

Maybe this question is just too basic and that's why it hasn' been addressed- LOL!- But there have been many discussions about how you may use your on-site park passes/FOTL tickets from the date of check-in to check-out.
We are staying at RPR March 18-22 and have purchased the Harry Potter package which includes a 3 day base ticket for 2 adults and 1- 6 yr old ( the two yr old doesn't need a park pass). I thought that we were literally only able to use the park passes for 3 total days (one park per day) and that our park passes would be activated for that first day when we set foot inside the first park.
However- I am confused about discussions of using the park passes from check-in to check out.

If you have a 3 day pass, you can only use it for 3 days...so the 19th, 20th and 21st or 18th, 19th, 20th, etc. It doesn't matter which 3 days and they don't have to be consecutive. It can be any 3 days in a 14 day period starting on the day of the first use of the tickets.

If you want you can use it right away and upgrade it to a 4 day ticket for $10/person once you get there at guest services.

What you are hearing about from check in to check out are not the park passes but the express passes. They are two completely different things. Express passes are your hotel keys will get you into a special line at every ride except three. Park passes are what gets you into the park.

I thought I read the FOTL was not good in HP. But on the first page there is only one ride that it states you cannot use FOTL for. Can someone please tell me which is correct?:scratchin

I thought I read the FOTL was not good in HP. But on the first page there is only one ride that it states you cannot use FOTL for. Can someone please tell me which is correct?:scratchin

The first page was last edited in 2009.

You cannot use express on Rip Rip Rockit, Pteranadon Flyers or Forbidden Journey.

My kids don't go back to school over Christmas Break until Jan 8. We were thinking of a three night stay, maybe Jan 3-6. Super crowded?

We are FL residents, so also thinking of an annual pass and then we can go back again a time or two.

My kids don't go back to school over Christmas Break until Jan 8. We were thinking of a three night stay, maybe Jan 3-6. Super crowded?

We are FL residents, so also thinking of an annual pass and then we can go back again a time or two.
That week should should be busy but not as busy as Christmas week. The lines should still be long enough that your unlimited Express access will come in handy. Also...you would get an AP discount on the room rate if you purchased an AP while you were there.

I've just looked at prices for RPR on loews and on the Amex travel site. The Amex site appears to be a better deal for me. Can anyone confirm that booking with someone like Amex still gets FoTL. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter