FAQ about the Hotel Express Pass - AKA FOTL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about parking. If we arrive that morning before check in and want to get express passes, can we just park at the hotel and not have to pay for parking at the park? Hotel parking also charges right? Also, the day of checkout, is it still ok for your car to be parked at the hotel all day that day?
Thanks

I have a question about parking. If we arrive that morning before check in and want to get express passes, can we just park at the hotel and not have to pay for parking at the park? Hotel parking also charges right? Also, the day of checkout, is it still ok for your car to be parked at the hotel all day that day?
Thanks

if you are booked for the onsite hotel, you will need to check in and get your hotel room key.
you will need that to create your express pass.
everyone on your ressie will get the hotel card and each can get the ep.

i have checked in as early as 6:30 am before.
hotel parking is close to $20 now.

you are charged by the night for hotel parking.
charges start at midnight.
if you check out of the hotel at 11:00 am, standard practice, you can leave your car in their lot until you leave.
leave before midnight and no charges for parking will occur.

i checked out this past weekend at 11:00, left my stuff with the luggage holding area and didn't pick it up until later in the afternoon.
many hotel guests do that too.

Hi,
Question: If we check into the Royal Pacific in the morning, can we use our express pass right away or do we have to wait until our room is actually ready before we can use it? The reason I ask is because the first page states that your room key won't be activated until your room is ready, so I wondered if it was the same for using the express pass. Thank you!

Edited to add that I found the answer on another thread and it looks like we can use our express passes right away.

Does anyone have an updated list of the rides/attractions that are NOT included with the Hotel Express Pass? I know Pteranodon Flyers and HP/FJ, but anything else? What about the new Desp. Me ride?

Thanks!

Does anyone have an updated list of the rides/attractions that are NOT included with the Hotel Express Pass? I know Pteranodon Flyers and HP/FJ, but anything else? What about the new Desp. Me ride?

Thanks!

There's an EP line for Despicable Me, but the lines still seem to be long even with it! Same for Transformers. The only other thing that didn't have an Express Pass line on our August trip was the Simpsons Twirl and Hurl, but the ride had just opened - so perhaps they have an EP line now (does anyone know?).

The only things that do not accept express are : Pteranodon flyers, Ollivanders Wands and Forbidden Journey.

I understand if we stay one night we can use the Express Passes on check-in day and check-out day. Would we also get early entry to Harry Potter on both days if we checked in at say 7 am the first day? Planning for next January.

Does anyone have any intel on whether any or all of the Diagon Alley/Hogwarts Express expansion will be excluded from the express pass?

Does anyone have any intel on whether any or all of the Diagon Alley/Hogwarts Express expansion will be excluded from the express pass?

Generally, brand new rides don't have express for a while. Sometimes this is even a long while.

Generally, brand new rides don't have express for a while. Sometimes this is even a long while.

that was kinda my assumption as well. Makes a huge difference in when I go, though. We were contemplating a late summer trip, staying onsite, to check it out, but if there won't be any FOTL, we'll probably end up coming back during a less crowded time when it isn't so hot to minimize the misery associated with waiting in what expect to be spectacularly long lines.

Does anyone have a picture of the hotel express passes that you get at the resort kiosk?

Thanks!

Does anyone have a picture of the hotel express passes that you get at the resort kiosk?

Thanks!

if you do a search, you will find a thread from a year ago where some posted their express photo pass from the hotel.

besides your name and photo, it has info on which hotel you are staying and the dates the card is valid.

if you do a search, you will find a thread from a year ago where some posted their express photo pass from the hotel.

besides your name and photo, it has info on which hotel you are staying and the dates the card is valid.

Thanks... I tried to search before I posted here but couldn't find anything. I'll give it another shot...

Thanks... I tried to search before I posted here but couldn't find anything. I'll give it another shot...

ExpressPass.jpg

IMAGE_117.jpeg

I have one night booked at HRH (9 July) and wondered what time I should arrive at the hotel to check in, get the FOTL passes and then get to the park for early entry. Bearing in mind that this only the second day that Diagon Alley will be open and will probably be busier than usual does anyone have any experiences of how long the above takes ?

so i want to book one night stay on-site to get the harry potter early morning hour as that is the main focus of our one day trip to universal.

i'm wondering if i should just book cabana bay for that benefit rather than one of the other three resorts that will also offer us express pass. my daughters and I don't care for headliner/thrill rides - my husband does. but like i said, our focus is harry potter for the most part.

are there single rider lines for most of the thrill rides? is it worth it for the shows/restaurants? any other downsides to cabana bay?

thanks!

Is the Express Pass we get by staying at an onsite hotel the same Express Pass I can buy? Planning Dec 20-22, so it's "Holiday" time for purchasing an EP. I'm looking at the Unlimited EP. Is the onsite hotel EP unlimited?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter