Fantasy june 2, 2012 eastern caribbean

Welcome aboard Laura and family.
This cruise also started out for us as a dummy.
DD Katie is a little older than yours (17) but she grew up on DCL. Her first Magic cruise was when she was 5, and she is sooooooo looking forward to the new teen area.
You might check out the facebook group.
Bill, Laura and Katie

Thank you!

Good to hear that at 17, Katie still likes DCL. I am hoping my DD still likes DCL and WDW at that age.

I will check out the facebook page, thanks.

Welcome Laura!!!

I have four boys and my oldest was 10 on our first DCL cruise and at 16 he is still looking forward to his third cruise :)

We are driving down the night before as well...I'm hoping my husband will be able to get off that Friday. The boys and I will be out of school by then (I teach), hopefully. Just read that they are forecasting more snow for the TN valley this winter. If they extend our calendar for snow day makeup, I will be sick those days, lol. We have stayed at a place right down from the port...can't remember the name, but has one and two bedroom suites with a shuttle to the port. I need to look up the name and maybe make reservations before time gets away.

As stated above, our Facebook page is a little more active at times, so if you have a Facebook page, join us :)

Lori P. :)

Hi Lori P. - My oldest will be 16 on this cruise. He is looking forward to his third Disney cruise as well. Maybe they can meet in the teen club. I see you are from Chattanooga- we love it there.

Just wanted to stop in and say hi and welcome new cruisers.
I also wanted to share that Southwest should be opening up the summer dates on Sunday NOV 13th. I am calling group booking again as they were to contact me about booking my group of 11 but I have heard nothing from them.

My family is talking about driving Denver to Florida but I really don’t want to do that with a 5 year old and a 6 year old. Well second thought I should be more worried about myself LOL.

Our group is Me Brenda, Hubby James. Daughter Cady 16

Our Son Mark and his three kids our grand kids Marco 12, Dominic 10 and Isabella 6.

Grandson Aidan 5 (his Mom and Dad not coming)

MY MIL Hope, she is treating my Nieces Rian 17 and Jasmine 14

I know the kids would love a kids meet area or a kids face book page when winter break comes. So they can meet a few friends before the Cruise

If anyone is coming with a Single parent or a senior it would be nice to meet up first day on cruise so my son and MIL could meet a few new people also.

Jetblue resently posted there summer flights so we were able to book our flights for this cruise last night. I was worried about what the prices would be but we got a great rate.

Did anyone here fall into the room reclassifications??

Heard anything from Disney/TA yet?

Did anyone here fall into the room reclassifications??

Heard anything from Disney/TA yet?

SUpposedly the room I have my soon-to-be 80 yr old mom and her friend booked in, 5552, was reclassified from a 5E to 4E! I guess b/c of the oversized balcony. My TA sent me an e-mail with the list of all rooms affected and the new categories right before they did it, but that's all I've heard.

HI to all
Just changed my Dream booking to this one and cannot wait to go. Just did not think a 5 nighter was enough so my xmas present was to switch to this cruise. Can't believe how much the prices have gone up, but luckily had my discount from booking on board. This will be our 2nd cruise (2/2011 7 night western carribean on the Magic). Travelling with me is my DH and DS 10 and DS 8. We did the FE last trip and the kids really enjoyed it (except when someone stole our FE and moved it all the way down the hall) so if anyone is doing it this trip would love to join.
Lisa:cool1:

SUpposedly the room I have my soon-to-be 80 yr old mom and her friend booked in, 5552, was reclassified from a 5E to 4E! I guess b/c of the oversized balcony. My TA sent me an e-mail with the list of all rooms affected and the new categories right before they did it, but that's all I've heard.

We're in a 5E too, went up to a 4E. I can't imagine they'll leave them there because of the "family" distinction. :confused3

All my login stuff still says 5E, though.

Welcome Lisa...and I totally agree with you that 5 days is too short :) Glad to have to join us. We also have a facebook page if you wish to join that. It's a little more active than this thread.

If you wish to join a FE group, contact alamere1496 with your info (names/ages of your group and your room number if known). This is actually a second group because the first group got a little large.

Once again, welcome!!!
Lori P. :)

I have been trying to get a good price on air from Denver for the 11 of us no luck.
Most of the group travel air lines are wanting almost $100.00 more per person for there flights. Plus all but southwest will hold the $550.00 deposit till 21 days after your return flight.
I did find prices were better if I fly out of Co Springs but they have to be paid now and there would be no price adjustment. My Son and Hubby thinks it would be cheaper and funner to drive to the cruise I am the one who does not want to do that. Southwest is $419.00 per person I just wish this was easier to do.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hannakah (sorry if i misspelled it!), Happy Kwanza, Happy New Year, Happy whatever!!!

Can't believe how close the cruise is. :goodvibes

I'm seriously considering booking this cruise, it will be our 3rd Disney cruise. We've done the Wonder and Dream 5 day cruises to Bahamas. I have one question, does anyone have info on the excursions in St. Maarten or St. Thomas? Do you have to book tours or can you go to the beaches without paying and sight see without a tour? In Bahamas, we got a taxi and went to town and did our own thing.

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

SO excited, we're booked! It will be my, DH and DD's 7 and 10. We were on the Dream last summer to the Bahamas and the ship is amazing. Much bigger than the Wonder.

I sent a request for the Facebook page and look forward to catching up with everyone!

We are booked. DH George 48, me(Lisa) 42, DD 18, DD 13 and my parents, Terry and Gerri 70!!! We are all excited about cruising! This will be our 5th Disney Cruise and my parents 4th!! :cheer2:

We found some decent rates with TransAir out of Branson, Mo. Not sure if they have service in Colorado but wouldn't hurt to try. About a third of the price of Southwest even after bag fees!!

Hello and welcome all new cruisers I am getting really excited as our cruise is paid off and getting closer.

I think I might of found our Air fare on Air Trans 341.20 PP round trip.
Only down side is the flight has layovers coming and going.

We now need to decided if we will be renting a couple of cars or using a shuttle service. Oh and of course Kids want to visit Harry Potter so I still am trying to figure if I can swing a few days land in addition to the cruise.

I noticed a few other adults my Mother-in law age. But I have not noticed any Adults my 34 year old sons age. It would be nice to arrange a meet and greet for all of us as I am sure both my mother in law and Son would enjoy others company besides just the family as well as I would.

Also it would be nice to hear what others have planed for the Islands we will be visiting

Hello and welcome all new cruisers I am getting really excited as our cruise is paid off and getting closer.

I think I might of found our Air fare on Air Trans 341.20 PP round trip.
Only down side is the flight has layovers coming and going.

We now need to decided if we will be renting a couple of cars or using a shuttle service. Oh and of course Kids want to visit Harry Potter so I still am trying to figure if I can swing a few days land in addition to the cruise.

I noticed a few other adults my Mother-in law age. But I have not noticed any Adults my 34 year old sons age. It would be nice to arrange a meet and greet for all of us as I am sure both my mother in law and Son would enjoy others company besides just the family as well as I would.

Also it would be nice to hear what others have planed for the Islands we will be visiting

DW & I are in our early 30s, and we've met lots of people our age (or close to it) on recent cruises and had a great time hanging out with them on the ship and ports. Hope he has a great time on the cruise! Is this your first Disney Cruise?

Hi everyone - I just finished a master list on Excel - not sure the best way to get it to everyone so they can sort it whatever way you want.

Send me an email to Youngjunkmail@gmail.com for a copy

Please review the info and let me know if I should add or correct anything. I will also be updating the first post will info.

In full planning mode now!

HI to all
Just changed my Dream booking to this one and cannot wait to go. Just did not think a 5 nighter was enough so my xmas present was to switch to this cruise. Can't believe how much the prices have gone up, but luckily had my discount from booking on board. This will be our 2nd cruise (2/2011 7 night western carribean on the Magic). Travelling with me is my DH and DS 10 and DS 8. We did the FE last trip and the kids really enjoyed it (except when someone stole our FE and moved it all the way down the hall) so if anyone is doing it this trip would love to join.
Lisa:cool1:

I am doing the 2nd FE group to help out! If you want 2 email me at Madisonann2002 with ur info. room#, names and ages, i can add u on. We have room for 5 more groups!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter