Fantasy Finally Dropping Grand Cayman

Nooooo! This is so not what I wanted to hear. I'm on a 6 day in January that only had 3 stops. Cayman was one of them. An extra sea day was the worst case scenario for me. We like to get off the ship to have different things to do.
Well, Cayman doesn't want you so not much Disney can do

Im wondering if the dec 12, 7 night fantasy cruise will still port at Tortola and St Thomas.

The December 7-Day Western Fantasy cruises are now titled:

7-Night Very Merrytime Western Caribbean Cruise From Port Canaveral With 2 Stops At Castaway Cay

Although the Ports of Call still show Cozumel and Falmouth (Cayman being deleted).

I wonder if they plan to drop Falmouth and add Costa Maya and a second CC stop?

I have no horse in this race as I've never done a cruise, however, I have been to Grand Cayman a number of times diving. We don't normally go to that side of the island but we did on one trip and I wasn't impressed. It's just a shopping strip that sells touristy stuff. We even saw a shop selling black coral, which is supposed to be illegal. You aren't missing much. I've also been diving in Cozumel and spent some time where the ships dock there (even saw the Disney ship at dock) and that area is a little better. While still a touristy area they did try to make it a little more local.

I have no horse in this race as I've never done a cruise, however, I have been to Grand Cayman a number of times diving. We don't normally go to that side of the island but we did on one trip and I wasn't impressed. It's just a shopping strip that sells touristy stuff. We even saw a shop selling black coral, which is supposed to be illegal. You aren't missing much. I've also been diving in Cozumel and spent some time where the ships dock there (even saw the Disney ship at dock) and that area is a little better. While still a touristy area they did try to make it a little more local.
Agreed - GC is one of our least favorite ports. Seven mile beach is sooooo crowded. Plus it's EXPENSIVE!

The December 7-Day Western Fantasy cruises are now titled:

7-Night Very Merrytime Western Caribbean Cruise From Port Canaveral With 2 Stops At Castaway Cay

Although the Ports of Call still show Cozumel and Falmouth (Cayman being deleted).

I wonder if they plan to drop Falmouth and add Costa Maya and a second CC stop?

I just checked the DCL website. If you click on the individual date you can see the itinerary. The December 5th itinerary is basically the same except for GC being replaced by a day at sea, no second day at CC. The December 19th itinerary looks to have been changed and now also shows two stops at CC.

With GC not considering restarting cruise business until Jan 27, how likely will it stay as a port for the 2/12 sailing? I don't have a concept of how fast things move there. Like almost impossible chance, or could still happen? They do have some GC excursions available to book but I was told of my first 2 choices one is not available at all and for the other the cruise operator has not confirmed available times yet. Concierge services said they can book my 3rd choice tomorrow.

They have had plenty of time to fix the error and have not done so. I feel like either they are hoping people book thinking it's a double dip, or it's going to be a double dip and they just haven't changed the itinerary yet.

They have had plenty of time to fix the error and have not done so. I feel like either they are hoping people book thinking it's a double dip, or it's going to be a double dip and they just haven't changed the itinerary yet.
Or they're incompetent. Please don't discount that possibility, all history of DCL website and communucations considered.

Agreed - GC is one of our least favorite ports. Seven mile beach is sooooo crowded. Plus it's EXPENSIVE!

We loved GC. We took a boat to Rum Point, so we didn't do much near the port. But family we were traveling with did and loved it. Frankly, I like that it is a little upscale with great restaurants and beautiful beaches. It would pick it over many of the other ports Disney frequents.

I just checked the DCL website. If you click on the individual date you can see the itinerary. The December 5th itinerary is basically the same except for GC being replaced by a day at sea, no second day at CC. The December 19th itinerary looks to have been changed and now also shows two stops at CC.
Where do you see Dec 19 changed?

Where do you see Dec 19 changed?
I swear it was changed when I checked at 4am, but now it’s different. Under my account it now says my December 5th is double dip at Castaway Cay, but my itinerary still shows only 1 stop there and a sea day instead of Grand Cayman. I think their IT has been messing with the website.

I swear it was changed when I checked at 4am, but now it’s different. Under my account it now says my December 5th is double dip at Castaway Cay, but my itinerary still shows only 1 stop there and a sea day instead of Grand Cayman. I think their IT has been messing with the website.
Now for December 5th and 19th it says 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral.

Have any DCL ships actually stopped at Nassau yet?
We are considering booking a 5 nt on the Magic in November. It's not a big deal if it were dropped. We'd probably just stay on the ship anyway.

Nooooo! This is so not what I wanted to hear. I'm on a 6 day in January that only had 3 stops. Cayman was one of them. An extra sea day was the worst case scenario for me. We like to get off the ship to have different things to do.

Agree 100%! We're on a 6 day in Feb with ONLY 2 ports - Grand Cayman was one. We don't enjoy Disney sea days at all. I can't imagine 5 days onboard. :sad: I REALLY hope they replace it with another port - ANY other port!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter