Fantasy 1/15 - 1/22 Sailing Just Changed Completely

We're on this cruise, too and disappointed with the last minute change. But, we're still going and will make the best of it!

Also on the same cruise tomorrow! Was very surprised on the change but from all that I was hearing on Vlogs seems all of the cruise lines are going through the same thing. I guess it will be after we board (hopefully) that we can book any excursions, etc. Have a feeling that this may be a really low guest count sailing ... we'll see! Hope that you have a great time.

This isn't DCL's fault. The governments that run the ports are denying docking. These countries don't have the vaccination rates or hospital/health care infrastructure to handle COVID outbreaks like the US can. DCL literally has no say in the matter here. This is also the reason other cruise lines have had to completely cancel many cruise routes the past couple days. It doesn't matter what the US or DCL is doing to mitigate COVID, you just can't dock in foreign ports without their permission.
didnt know puerto rico was a foreign port. nor st. thomas. I learn something every day

Cynical me says Disney knew they weren't going to be able to port there, but waited until the last possible minute for the change to capture those people who already had travel plans under way (e.g. play & cruise people who are at WDW currently).
See I consider last possible moment to be 1 hour after I pre-pay my port adventures with 28 $50 gift cards the afternoon before we should have arrived in St. Thomas. Then told we would have to use our $200 credit before we left the ship or lose it. Ugh

Thankfully they were willing (when I asked a second guest service person) to refund my gift cards so I could use my on board credit. Even our parasailing and other plans were canceled at CC.

Last edited:
Norwegian just cancelled a cruise mid cruise. Many others have been cancelled.
I hate to hear that! I can't imagine how disappointing that would be. I could handle itinerary changes, but to cancel the rest of my vacation? Yikes!

I hate to hear that! I can't imagine how disappointing that would be. I could handle itinerary changes, but to cancel the rest of my vacation? Yikes!

On the plus side, "canceled" really means "staying docked in St. Maarten for a few days and then sailing back to New York City; many activities are canceled, but you can probably still relax on the deck or whatever". And they're getting full refunds, too. I could think of a worse place to be stuck. Unless they close the restaurants and give you mediocre food... then I'd be upset for sure.

It’s better they change it now then get your hopes up, get all the way down to St. Thomas just to be denied entry and you’ve now wasted a day. I don’t know why people don’t like Costa Maya. It’s a beautiful port with lots to do.

See I consider last possible moment to be 1 hour after I pre-pay my port adventures with 28 $50 gift cards the afternoon before we should have arrived in St. Thomas. Then told we would have to use our $200 credit before we left the ship or lose it. Ugh

Thankfully they were willing (when I asked a second guest service person) to refund my gift cards so I could use my on board credit. Even our parasailing and other plans were canceled at CC.

Next time, go to https://www.disneygiftcard.com/ and consolidate your gift cards. You can have up to $1,000 on a gift card. Just note that it's not a wallet, so you still need to keep the card that you consolidate it to.

Next time, go to https://www.disneygiftcard.com/ and consolidate your gift cards. You can have up to $1,000 on a gift card. Just note that it's not a wallet, so you still need to keep the card that you consolidate it to.
Usually do it that way, but had a few personal and trip related fires I had to put out so time didn’t permit. But now that I’m home I will put them onto the special character ones I have at home. I want to keep reloading about 5 of those special ones so they don’t get mixed up with the “red Mickey” ones. So much easier to search for refunded money on just a few cards. I have had refunds I found on trips I took a decade ago on those before I started to combine them.

its a personal choice. I love sea days. And I would treat most of these stops as a sea day. Lots of room at the adult pool, ability to go on the slide over and over again, watch a movie. . It’s a dream day for me,

its a personal choice. I love sea days. And I would treat most of these stops as a sea day. Lots of room at the adult pool, ability to go on the slide over and over again, watch a movie. . It’s a dream day for me,
Was hoping plenty of room at pool while we were there last week but was unable to get social distance ever at hot tub area. One hot tub even had 4 people stay, with just legs, in the tub we waited for 30 minutes for a turn but they were quite comfortable and had no plans to move.

Was hoping plenty of room at pool while we were there last week but was unable to get social distance ever at hot tub area. One hot tub even had 4 people stay, with just legs, in the tub we waited for 30 minutes for a turn but they were quite comfortable and had no plans to move.
This is my #1 cruising pet peeve. People use it like it is their personal hot tub at their home. They sit there and do not move. SO RUDE

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter