• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic! Speculation

So yeah, my BFF and I saw those shirts last week when we were there for Grad Nite and we kept asking the CMs about the date. Most tried to play it off like they didn't have any clue (and maybe they didn't:confused3) but a CM at Disneyana finally said that they were all pretty sure that F! was supposed to reopen on May 13th and they had all of the merch ready to go (regular and AP shirts) and when all of the setbacks started happening, Disney just decided to sell the shirts and hope no one noticed the date. According to the CMs the shirts have been selling like hot cakes and I can understand why - with the exception of the date, they are pretty cool shirts (full confession - I bought one cause I loved the dragon on the side). I just have to laugh though - Disney is very confident in their marketing abilities that even with the date as a reminder of their screw-up, they can still sell anything. :rotfl:
I thought that the dragon on the non-AP gray one was cool, but of the ones left on the rack the screenprinting of the graphic wasn't even straight. You could see a lot of the white underneath and I wasn't confident that the color wouldn't wash out quickly for $30. One thing that's interesting is how far in advance they had to have ordered those shirts. It kind of brings into perspective how quickly they run out of other special items and why it takes so long to restock them.

...It kind of brings into perspective how quickly they run out of other special items and why it takes so long to restock them.
These Fantasmic shirts (and many limited edition shirts) are sold online at the Disney Store with 4-6 week delivery. Disney eliminates any risk by only manufacturing shirts to fill orders.

These Fantasmic shirts (and many limited edition shirts) are sold online at the Disney Store with 4-6 week delivery. Disney eliminates any risk by only manufacturing shirts to fill orders.
Inside DL they have half a store full of items for an event that didn't happen.

In the August Check-In and Chat thread, Just Peachy states a CM told her the following when she asked about booking a F! dining reservation over the phone:

The plan is to have F! start "soft" openings around July 4 but there won't be any dinning options for F! until August 18th. Currently the dinning/show options are for the Electric Light parade. On the 18th, the dining/show bookings are to be changed from the Electric Light Parade back to F! June 18th is the earliest (60 day window) you will be able to book special dinner seating for F! again.

In the August Check-In and Chat thread, Just Peachy states a CM told her the following when she asked about booking a F! dining reservation over the phone:

The plan is to have F! start "soft" openings around July 4 but there won't be any dinning options for F! until August 18th. Currently the dinning/show options are for the Electric Light parade. On the 18th, the dining/show bookings are to be changed from the Electric Light Parade back to F! June 18th is the earliest (60 day window) you will be able to book special dinner seating for F! again.

That would work for me!! Looking forward to hearing confirmed details so I can book our Sept dining :)

I wonder if they might have a dessert party option for the time before the dining packages start. Really hoping for one during our mid-August trip!

Man, that would suck, we are going at the end of July and I was hoping to get a dining package and avoid the whole fastpass/standby mess. Well, at least with Maxpass it won't be quite as much a hassle to get a fastpass......maybe......since we haven't heard anything about maxpass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter