Fantasmic! Speculation

Abbey1

DIS Veteran
Is anyone else dying for information on when Fantasmic! will return? Are there any rumors about when it will be back (along with the railroad etc)? Back when they announced "Summer 2017" I was thinking May or June, but I think if that were the case, they would have made an announcement by now. This lack of info is really throwing a wrench in my summer trip-planning. Fantasmic! is my absolute favorite and I would hate to miss its return. I want to book our hotel, but can't settle on a date. Is it likely Fantasmic! will return by the end of July? Any guesses?

Last edited:
I heard a third hand sketchy rumor (someone talked to someone who talked to a conductor at DL) that they want the railroad back up for DL Anniversary, July 17. One would assume if the railroad is up that the ROA would be back up and running too.

I'm hoping for Fantasmic & the railroad this summer as well. I can't wait to hear about the Fantasmic dining options. I'm thinking it may be somewhat of a last minute notification. Meaning a month or two before it's to be returning. I'm just hanging out & waiting. I'll reserve my WOC dessert package at 60 days out in the meantime. I still have 30 days.

I'd be a little skeptical of it making it back in July now that MSEP has been extended until August.

Just curious as to what one has to do with the other? Did they not have Fantasmic when Paint the Night was going on (which was far superior to MSEP IMHO)? My last trip was over 2 years ago, so I don't remember.

I'd be a little skeptical of it making it back in July now that MSEP has been extended until August.

The MSEP extension has made me question the timing of Fantasmic! returning too.

I'm hoping for Fantasmic & the railroad this summer as well. I can't wait to hear about the Fantasmic dining options. I'm thinking it may be somewhat of a last minute notification. Meaning a month or two before it's to be returning. I'm just hanging out & waiting. I'll reserve my WOC dessert package at 60 days out in the meantime. I still have 30 days.

Sounds like we are in the same boat!

I heard a third hand sketchy rumor (someone talked to someone who talked to a conductor at DL) that they want the railroad back up for DL Anniversary, July 17. One would assume if the railroad is up that the ROA would be back up and running too.

I'd be super happy if it's true!

Just curious as to what one has to do with the other? Did they not have Fantasmic when Paint the Night was going on (which was far superior to MSEP IMHO)? My last trip was over 2 years ago, so I don't remember.

Nothing concrete. I just have a hunch they want to have a big kickoff of all the "new" stuff.

Nothing concrete. I just have a hunch they want to have a big kickoff of all the "new" stuff.

Ahh, but maybe they need to split crowds for the revamped Fantasmic! and offering a popular parade would be a good way to cover that this summer?

They are moving fast on that section for sure, I love seeing photo updates showing the progression of the rock work!

I haven't heard any dates, but at one point I read somewhere that the railroad wouldn't be open until September. I can't remember where I read it and I just did a Google search and everything I've seen says Summer 2017.

A few people have reported that the CM at the train stations have said the RR will return in July. Of course CM don't always know everything. However, they could have the railroad open before the rivers and/or Fantasmic!! It may be that Fantasmic!! will need additional practice time when the river is finally fully operational again. I really hope the RR and River are open by the end of July. But we are all in the wait and see period.

We're going in early August. Every rumor I've read says that everything, including Fantasmic, will be back sometime in July or the very start of August, but the rumors of delays and the lack of announcements have me worried. I would really like to know if I should budget for a Fantasmic dining package and get excited about the new show (and the railroad, which to me is iconic). OTOH, I'm not sure I want everything to reopen the week we are there -- the crowds will already be bad enough. At least our odds are pretty good that everything will be up and running -- I'm sorry for those going in July who really have no idea.

Where is Fantasmic at disneyland?
We've only been one time and plan to return in the fall, and I didn't know where the Fantasmic theatre was...

Ah. I see, not like DHS then.

That's correct. Very different. They will rope of sections along the Rivers of America ahead of the show. They did experiment with using FP as an admission ticket to those areas so I'm guessing that's how it will be when it opens. There is also a section for dining packages. But it's all just pavement. No seats.

That's correct. Very different. They will rope of sections along the Rivers of America ahead of the show. They did experiment with using FP as an admission ticket to those areas so I'm guessing that's how it will be when it opens. There is also a section for dining packages. But it's all just pavement. No seats.
Any rides you can see glimpses of it from?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter