Fantasmic Dinner Package

Chilly

RIP Tag Fairy
Over the Christmas period Fantasmic is on at 6:30pm, if I get the dinner package are you allowed to eat after the show?

We have done the Fantasmic dinner package twice, and each time the voucher that allows you access into the reserved seating area was issued once we had paid the bill.
I would guess that this is to stop people booking the package but then only taking the reserved seating part of it.

We have done the Fantasmic dinner package twice, and each time the voucher that allows you access into the reserved seating area was issued once we had paid the bill.
I would guess that this is to stop people booking the package but then only taking the reserved seating part of it.

I thought that might be the case.

We did the Fantasmic package about 3 weeks ago and having the voucher to get in is not a great advantage. We were still advised to arrive 90 minutes before the start and all seats were taken with an hour still to wait. If I was you, I would arrive about 90 minutes before the start and book a meal for after the show. The show only lasts about 25 minutes so you would have plenty of time for a meal afterwards.

We did the Fantasmic package about 3 weeks ago and having the voucher to get in is not a great advantage. We were still advised to arrive 90 minutes before the start and all seats were taken with an hour still to wait. If I was you, I would arrive about 90 minutes before the start and book a meal for after the show. The show only lasts about 25 minutes so you would have plenty of time for a meal afterwards.

Really? That's not good. I really wanted to avoid having to arrive 90 minutes before showtime. I think we might have to give it a miss then.

Really? That's not good. I really wanted to avoid having to arrive 90 minutes before showtime. I think we might have to give it a miss then.

The Fantasmic Meal package changed this year, previously you had a seat "saved" for you. You got your voucher with the meal check and had the 90mins to take advantage of the lower ride queues. This year, we did it again and the only advantage to it we could see was that if you are on DDP, you got a free starter with your meal. We were advised to turn up 90 mins earlier. The meal package is only for the earlier show (if there are two that evening), our earlier show was cancelled due to the weather, but voucher was good for the second show and enabled us to get front row seats, as most people had left park by then:wizard:

We too were very cross that we had to join the normal line for Fantasmic. If I had known the changes I wouldn't have bothered with the dinner package, but I do still think it gave us some advantage on an August evening as the Fantasmic reserved section was nearly empty when we got there 90 minutes before the show and still had resonable seats left at 60 minutes before, whaereas the regualr seating was full 60 minutes before the show. I didn't notice if the reserved section was made available to the regular queue, if it was it was very near the start of the show.

The Fantasmic Meal package changed this year, previously you had a seat "saved" for you. You got your voucher with the meal check and had the 90mins to take advantage of the lower ride queues. This year, we did it again and the only advantage to it we could see was that if you are on DDP, you got a free starter with your meal. We were advised to turn up 90 mins earlier. The meal package is only for the earlier show (if there are two that evening), our earlier show was cancelled due to the weather, but voucher was good for the second show and enabled us to get front row seats, as most people had left park by then:wizard:

We too were very cross that we had to join the normal line for Fantasmic. If I had known the changes I wouldn't have bothered with the dinner package, but I do still think it gave us some advantage on an August evening as the Fantasmic reserved section was nearly empty when we got there 90 minutes before the show and still had resonable seats left at 60 minutes before, whaereas the regualr seating was full 60 minutes before the show. I didn't notice if the reserved section was made available to the regular queue, if it was it was very near the start of the show.

Thanks for the info, can't see my parents wanting to wait 90 minutes for the show.

The Fantasmic Meal package changed this year

So do you no longer use the separate entrance by the garage? You now have to enter at the same entrance as the people who don't have the package? And do you have to queue in the same line as them, is there not a separate one for package people? I must say that even with the package we've always gone there an hour before but as we were able to sit down we didn't mind. If we're going to be stood in a queue it doesn't sound good. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!