Fantasmic Dining Package

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say I did cancel my ADR and it did come up as a Fantasmic package right away and I did book it asap. Needless to say we are excited about it. I did it at like 10pm and I was fast to check available Fantasmic Packages right after.

If you cancel your reservation and are able to rebook as a Fantasmic package, that's great. I'm glad it worked out. My family is a group of 12. We had 2 reservations for 6 people for lunch at the Sci Fi on Jan 25. We discussed it as a family and decided to cancel one of the reservations in the hopes that we could grab it as a Fantasmic package. We will have 3 kids 5 and under and thought the package would be good for them. If some of the adults didn't get the package and had to wait longer and get seats that weren't as good, that was ok. I cancelled the reservation. 4 family members were right there ready and trying to grab it. It never came up. I also never got a dining alert that it was available. I tried to grab it back as a regular Sci Fi dining, but couldn't get that either. We knew the risk and it's ok. Sure, we're disappointed, but it's not going to ruin the trip. As long as you understand the risk of cancelling, then by all means, try if you want. Just know that there's no guarantee you'll get it back. If you really really want to eat at the Sci Fi, I wouldn't chance it. That's all.

I am guessing you split your party of 9 into two separate reservations though. I don't think sci Fi has tables for 9, max is 8 from pictures I could find.
Oh yes, almost all our ADRs that week were booked as split parties, even Biergarten which was 8+1! I don't remember what the split was for Sci-Fi, probably 6+3. Homecomin' was the only one that we booked as a party of 9.

Can confirm the cancel/convert trick DID NOT work just now for a Mama Melrose ADR on 1/11/23. Had regular ADR search pulled up on one monitor (only 4:40 and 5:30 available), F! search pulled up on the other (nothing available), cancelled the 5pm ADR on the app in my phone. Refreshed both both searches and immediately had the 5pm available in the regular search, still nothing available in the F! search. Tried it at 11:50 pm central time

my 60+7 starts today, I was able to find Fantamisc hollywood and Vine package for Feb 14th lunch (they had scifi package available as well), and on Feb 17th I was able to get topolinos breakfast and scifi for 430 pm same day

I think it depends on the dates. There's something going on with Jan 9 to 31. If you try to drop/add in that timeframe, it isn't working.
Yes I stated this in a previous post.

I wonder what the glitch is? Surely they have had calls about the issue.

I myself called and the CM said that she an only see what we see. I really thought they could look at more inventory but nope.

Those 3 weeks in the middle/end of January have not opened for reservations( well one person on here said they got a reservation for the 15th).

I have an alert set up on these F! Forums for when anyone posts. Hopefully soon one of us can post they got a reservation.

I think it depends on the dates. There's something going on with Jan 9 to 31. If you try to drop/add in that timeframe, it isn't working.
I think this was the month they couldn’t decide what they were going to do and added a second show (at least until Jan 7). Some parks are sold out until Jan 3.

Those 3 weeks in the middle/end of January have not opened for reservations( well one person on here said they got a reservation for the 15th).
That's not accurate. This time frame opened at the same time, or maybe slightly later, as the beginning of Jan. Somewhere between 1045 and 1115, I checked my phone and saw approximately 10 to 12 lunch Fantasmic dining reservations at 4 restaurants for Jan 25. (Not sci Fi) As sci Fi was the one we planned on booking, I clicked on dinner. Only 2 restaurants, not Sci Fi, were available with maybe a total of 4 times. I switched back to lunch, but all were gone. It was literally 2 or 3 seconds and they were gone. Someone else got a dinner reservation as a Fantasmic package for the 26th.

That's not accurate. This time frame opened at the same time, or maybe slightly later, as the beginning of Jan. Somewhere between 1045 and 1115, I checked my phone and saw approximately 10 to 12 lunch Fantasmic dining reservations at 4 restaurants for Jan 25. (Not sci Fi) As sci Fi was the one we planned on booking, I clicked on dinner. Only 2 restaurants, not Sci Fi, were available with maybe a total of 4 times. I switched back to lunch, but all were gone. It was literally 2 or 3 seconds and they were gone. Someone else got a dinner reservation as a Fantasmic package for the 26th.
I am well aware when the timeframe opened. I was up at 6am. There were ZERO F! Dining packages for JANUARY 28 through JANUARY 31, 2022.

If you can find one reservation for January 9-January 31, please let us know.

There is plenty of availability for
Lunch and dinner
At the restaurant - except sci-fi but no F! Dining packages.

I was on the moment they opened up January and there was I think two people (one for sure( that said they got a January 15 but no one on here has said they got anything 1/28-1/31.

Like you stated in your post, nothing available after you switched from dinner to lunch and then nothing. I’m not debating this with you. I think there was a glitch and they will open up the dates.

I am well aware when the timeframe opened. I was up at 6am. There were ZERO F! Dining packages for JANUARY 28 through JANUARY 31, 2022.

Lunch and dinner

I was on the moment they opened up January and there was I think two people (one for sure( that said they got a January 15 but no one on here has said they got anything 1/28-1/31.

Like you stated in your post, nothing available after you switched from dinner to lunch and then nothing. I’m not debating this with you. I think there was a glitch and they will open up the dates.
Have you setup ADR alerts? When Fantasmic opened MD and Stakeout didn’t recognize the release because they were grabbed so fast. I was at a stop light when I happened to refresh and clicked without a second thought (posted on the boards while going through booking). It took a while for MD to send an alert and I was surprised Stakeout alert came even later. This was for 1/1, and I only saw 2 ADRs (was searching for lunch) and got 1 alert from MD (10:39 am est) and 1 from stakeout for a 2:20 pm lunch. Our party size is 5, so I was expecting limited availability.

Last edited:
Hello -- I'm mostly a lurker, but decided to join the boards since I was able to snag a Fantasmic dining reservation for 1/9 and there seem to be questions of whether these reservations even exist.

In one of the Fantasmic threads, someone mentioned that they had talked to a CM and heard that reservations had been released for these dates on 12/10. From my experience, this is true, but they did not release at the regular time (5:45/6:00 a.m EST).

I accidentally fell asleep on the couch and woke up a bit before 2:30 a.m PST on 12/10, and decided to check the app for reservations for Fantasmic before going to bed -- to my surprise, they were available! I can't remember exactly what was available, but I know that there was at least 50s Prime Time and Mama Melrose's, because those were the two my group was debating between. I believe that for lunch that the only place that wasn't available was Sci-Fi (but there were only two places showing availability for dinner, unfortunately, I can't remember what restaurants).

The reservations also did not sell out instantly at this time, because I did a bit of dawdling trying to decide between an early/late lunch at 50s Prime Time (there were no times available between 12:10PM and 1:15PM) and trying to put in my payment info.

Thank you for posting that! I saw a few for 1/25, but was too slow to snag one. I'm glad that you got yours and I'm really glad that you posted about obtaining one for the Jan 9 to 31 dates

Lunch and dinner

I posted this in a different thread ("Fantasmic! dining packages for January?")
at 10:14am on Friday 12/09:

"Welp, looks like I missed it - got an alert for January 26th and immediately went to pick one of the four times (it was for H&V and we were hoping for Sci-Fi and it would have conflicted with our current Sci-Fi ADR so I hesitated and by the time I went to check out it said it was no longer available...."

I'm afraid that they have been posted for January but just grabbed up too quickly....

Hello -- I'm mostly a lurker, but decided to join the boards since I was able to snag a Fantasmic dining reservation for 1/9 and there seem to be questions of whether these reservations even exist.

In one of the Fantasmic threads, someone mentioned that they had talked to a CM and heard that reservations had been released for these dates on 12/10. From my experience, this is true, but they did not release at the regular time (5:45/6:00 a.m EST).

I accidentally fell asleep on the couch and woke up a bit before 2:30 a.m PST on 12/10, and decided to check the app for reservations for Fantasmic before going to bed -- to my surprise, they were available! I can't remember exactly what was available, but I know that there was at least 50s Prime Time and Mama Melrose's, because those were the two my group was debating between. I believe that for lunch that the only place that wasn't available was Sci-Fi (but there were only two places showing availability for dinner, unfortunately, I can't remember what restaurants).

The reservations also did not sell out instantly at this time, because I did a bit of dawdling trying to decide between an early/late lunch at 50s Prime Time (there were no times available between 12:10PM and 1:15PM) and trying to put in my payment info.
Yes. I was trying Jan 1st and it immediately sold out because it’s the holiday week with park passes sold out. I could see Jan 8 available even the next day.

Is canceling a regular ADR to hopefully get a F! pkg is a risk? Of course! But accusing people of lying and 'stealing' ADR to re-sell is idiotic and childish. Yes it worked for me and my friend and for a few others in this thread. For some reason I cannot find the confirmation e-mail of my 50'PT to show the time it was sent (1 minute after I cancelled my regular ADR) but my friend agreed to printscreen hers. As you can see, there is 1 minute between the cancellation e-mail and the confirmation e-mail for the same time. So it's not because it didn't work for some that it's a guaranteed fail. Especially if you cancelled a dinner time hoping to get the second show when there haven't been (to my knowledge) any mention of anyone getting a second show package. Only first show.

I'm happy with my 50'PT F! package so I'm done with this thread and the other similar ones.

R.jpg
F.jpg

This proves nothing. Those are times for lunch that were available upon release. HBD was available on 1/1 for 11:15 and 11:45 am. It’s the cause and effect falacy. It doesn’t mean your ADR converted to Fantasmic.

I was banned for 10 days for much less than calling someone ‘idiotic and childish’ on these boards. All I was trying to do is warn people not to let go of hard to get ADRs and with a lot of proof to back me up.

Good luck to all who are still searching. I see ADRs available a day or two before, so keep trying. I’m disconnecting from this thread as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter