Fantasmic Dining Package - September 2019

SusieQ93

Mouseketeer
I have been checking every day to book the Fantasmic Dining Package on September 2, 2019 and so far they still haven't added it - even though there are now posted Fantasmic showtimes for that date. Is this a common occurrence? I am wondering if the packages won't be available some reason but it seems weird that if there's a show, they wouldn't be doing the packages since they're clearly very popular. Wonder what's going on..... This is our first time trying to book the dining package. The last several trips I've made to Disneyland, Fantasmic hasn't been running so I really want to see it this time!

Disneyland (and Disneyworld for that matter) almost consistently are late in allowing you to book dining packages (almost any of them), compared to normal dinner reservations.
You just have to keep on looking.
If Fantasmic has a date, you can rest assured that the dining packages will come eventually.

It may only be a couple more days, or it can be a month or so before it shows up unfortunately. They seem to do the dining packages in batches of days.

Disneyland (and Disneyworld for that matter) almost consistently are late in allowing you to book dining packages (almost any of them), compared to normal dinner reservations.
You just have to keep on looking.
If Fantasmic has a date, you can rest assured that the dining packages will come eventually.

It may only be a couple more days, or it can be a month or so before it shows up unfortunately. They seem to do the dining packages in batches of days.

Thanks, Steven. That is reassuring that the dining packages will eventually get released. I will just need to practice my patience - I check first thing in the morning every day, it's not that big of a deal, I just wish I could get it reserved already and stop thinking about it!

I see you wrote this in May. I just called Disney Dining yesterday, as I'm trying to book the package for mid September and still nothing is showing up. From personal experience, it's never taken this long for them to show up, but the cast member assured me that there will be package available since there is a show, but they themselves are still waiting for the packages to be added.

I see you wrote this in May. I just called Disney Dining yesterday, as I'm trying to book the package for mid September and still nothing is showing up. From personal experience, it's never taken this long for them to show up, but the cast member assured me that there will be package available since there is a show, but they themselves are still waiting for the packages to be added.
Thanks! Yeah, when I posted this at the end of July, it had been a few weeks after the 60 days opened up for early September. I just keep checking every single day, but I was starting to wonder what was up because we're less than 30 days from the date we want to book - at this point, Fantasmic is showing on the schedule into mid-September, so I'm hoping any day now. As Steven said, I think they like to release the dates in batches.

Yeah, but this is crazy. I've been booking this package for years, and I've always been able to get reservations no later then 45 days out. My World of Color Dessert party just came out for my dates, so that's a relief. Oh, you posted end of July.. I don't know why I think I saw May, lol.

I've been checking every day, too. The schedule finally showed up this morning, as you said, for the hours and entertainment through mid September, but no dining packages are up yet.

Another thing that's bothering me is they're not listing any fireworks yet...! ? It's so weird, they have FULL hours for DL through mid September, 8 a.m. to midnight even in the middle of the week, but no fireworks listing yet.

I've been checking every day, too. The schedule finally showed up this morning, as you said, for the hours and entertainment through mid September, but no dining packages are up yet.

Another thing that's bothering me is they're not listing any fireworks yet...! ? It's so weird, they have FULL hours for DL through mid September, 8 a.m. to midnight even in the middle of the week, but no fireworks listing yet.
It is weird, you wouldn't think it would be that hard to load the dining packages once the showtimes are released, but I have no idea how that system works, so maybe there's more to it than I know. I just don't like having to constantly be thinking about the planning. And now throwing Oga's Cantina reservations in with a 14 day booking window, I have to make sure I don't miss that too. I keep checking that one every day too because they said it would change to 60 days in advance in the future but as far as I know, we don't know when that change is going to happen yet. I'd just like to get it all booked and be done with it. I think Disney has trained us to be such planners and created a competitive environment for reserving experiences (even more so with WDW), and it becomes very frustrating when we're supposed to be planning things in advance but they aren't releasing reservations in a way that you can cohesively plan.

September Fantasmic dining packages were finally released! I’ve never booked the package before but noticed it’s only available on the weekend for the most part. We’re going on the weekend, so that’s fine for me. Not sure if it’s normal for it to just be offered on weekends....

September Fantasmic dining packages were finally released! I’ve never booked the package before but noticed it’s only available on the weekend for the most part. We’re going on the weekend, so that’s fine for me. Not sure if it’s normal for it to just be offered on weekends....
I don’t think there’s any fantasmic during the week.

Were you able to get dinner? I got on at 3am, when the cm told me they'd be up. It was either lunch, or 8:30, or 9pm. Was disappointed that there was no earlier dinner times open. Found it odd that they were gone that quick so early in the morning.

We are booked for the premium Fantasmic dining package at River Belle Terrace for Sept. 13th! :banana:

I woke up at 7 and couldn’t find any availability for a party of 6 at Blue Bayou, on the day I wanted, September 14th. I already had an 11:30 reservation but wanted to swap it for the dining package. It said no availability all day long for a party of 6. So I called Disney Dining, waited on hold for an HOUR, and finally got a helpful CM. She could find an 11:50 spot (defeats the purpose of getting waterside) and explained that it was the first available with the package. She couldn’t “swap out” my reservation, because even if I canceled and rebooked it, it would still show up as an unticketed, regular seating.
So. I kept the 11:30 reservation and made Hungry Bear package reservations for 6 pm instead. That’s the package we did last time, and it was fine (and a lot less expensive, to boot).

Wow!
Crazy that they were all booked up that quickly... especially because it took so long so to load them into the system. It wasn’t like everyone has a alarm set for the 60 days...

Now I start to worry a bit about our thanksgiving trip...

Wow!
Crazy that they were all booked up that quickly... especially because it took so long so to load them into the system. It wasn’t like everyone has a alarm set for the 60 days...

Now I start to worry a bit about our thanksgiving trip...
You know, I don’t think they really were, because when I searched it said nothing available for our party of 6, but when I called the CM was able to find time slots. Just not the ones I wanted. I think it’s best to call (although the hold times are ridiculous).

I know the Fantasmic Dining Packages are out and available up till September 28 (Sat), do we know if there will be a show on September 29, Sunday?

If not, the only night have available is Friday the 27th.
However, I have already booked a WOC Dessert package for 9/27. WOC is at 9:15.

If I book a Fantasmic package for RBT for lunch, will I be able to request the second show (if there is one)? When is the second show usually? 10:45? Would I be able to make both? :O

F! is showing all of the other Sunday’s in September so I’d think they’ll add 9/29 but that’s my ignorant guess.

My recollection is that the F! Dining packages tend to be weird times. I got a 430 dinner and I booked it super early this morning. I’ll keep watching but that timing was consistent with the odd times I’d seen in the past. For anyone that didn’t get what they want, I’d recommend calling and/or keep checking because I also don’t believe it’s all sold out. This is Disneyland not WDW.

I ended up getting 1:30pm, couldn't get a dinner time. I was on 2:30am Pacific time. I don't think all the dinners sold out that quick. I think they were never added.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter