FANTASMIC! Dining, Dessert, Fastpass Thread - Q&A Here

2. The seat cushions at BB are only offered with the $90 Premium package now (F! FP, MSEP FP, seat cushion, and non-alcoholic premium drink)

I've seen this "Premium"package mentioned a few times now, but i don't see it anywhere on the Dineyland website? Do you just get a regular FP for F!, or do you get the reserved seating?

I'd love to know more about the premium packages too.... especially the one where you can book Riverbelle Terrace at 8pm and watch Fantastic from there...!!
Do you have to call directly instead of using the website?
Has anyone successfully booked this?
How much was it?

Thanks!!:flower1:

Just got off the phone with Disneyland Dining. Only 5 minutes hold time today! Yay! Here are some things she told me that they were told, for what it's worth:

1. The reserved section is seated with some standing room in the back.

2. The seat cushions at BB are only offered with the $90 Premium package now (F! FP, MSEP FP, seat cushion, and non-alcoholic premium drink).

3. Answering my own question, she said that they were told for both BB and RBT, reservations before 6:10 will be given FP for the first show and 6:10 and after will get the second show.

She couldn't find any packages for any times on our BB date to convert it over (Sat. 8/5) and told me the same thing about putting a note on the reservation, etc. etc. However, she told me the note wouldn't guarantee the package, it would only be if someone cancels last minute or decides they want to order off the menu and not do the package, which makes sense to me. Has anyone had experience with that? How likely is it for it to come available day day of?

I know it's risky but you can cancel your regular reservation, then make a new F! reservation for that time as fast as you can right after the cancellation proceeded. I did it last night around midnight just to be safe lol.

I've seen this "Premium"package mentioned a few times now, but i don't see it anywhere on the Dineyland website? Do you just get a regular FP for F!, or do you get the reserved seating?

I'd love to know more about the premium packages too.... especially the one where you can book Riverbelle Terrace at 8pm and watch Fantastic from there...!!
How much was it?

The way she explained it to me for BB, it was the same reserved area FP as the dining package, with a FP for a special seating area for MSEP the same night. Not sure how it would work timing wise, maybe the FP would be for the second F! show? She mentioned it so she knew which package to put on the note on our reservation so maybe you have to call for it.

I did see the premium package for RBT on the website. It said you had to call to reserve. I think it's an extra $15 per person.

How much was it?

When I called yesterday morning to book F! package at BB but they were all booked so the cast member suggested me to make a reservation at RBT. Then she asked me if I wanted to up grade it to Premium, I think she said it was $20 more..? (I'm not so sure, I was feeding my daughter and talking to her on speakerphone.) So I asked her which one has a better view and she told me kids will appreciate the regular F! package more since it's right by the water.

I know it's risky but you can cancel your regular reservation, then make a new F! reservation for that time as fast as you can right after the cancellation proceeded. I did it last night around midnight just to be safe lol.

There aren't any BB packages for our day at all. I tried searching before logging in (so the system wouldn't know we already had a reservation) and the CM searched for new package reservations too. BB was totally booked up on our day before packages even opened up. I'm really glad we have a regular dinner time reservation because we want to experience it and we'll see if the package opens up.

Cancelling and hoping it will show up as a Fantasmic package opening doesn't always work. I had one for BB for opening night and I was dropping my regular ADR to see if a friend could pick it up as a package. It showed up as a regular ADR at BB but never did show up as a package.

The only way I'd ever do Fantasmic is if there's seating with a good view, as I'm short and also have some mobility issues. Eagerly awaiting impressions when it starts up!

The way she explained it to me for BB, it was the same reserved area FP as the dining package, with a FP for a special seating area for MSEP the same night. Not sure how it would work timing wise, maybe the FP would be for the second F! show? She mentioned it so she knew which package to put on the note on our reservation so maybe you have to call for it.

I did see the premium package for RBT on the website. It said you had to call to reserve. I think it's an extra $15 per person.
I do not see the "premium BB package anywhere on the Disney sites. Did they just offer it to you when you called?

Yes. I had read about it here so I knew what she was talking about. When she was searching for packages she offered it as another option to the regular package.

How early can you go in to the Fastpass viewing areas or perhaps better to ask, what time should you get there? I'd love to take my 4 and 5 year old but if we have to wait 45min or an hour, we'll never make it!

Also, this may have been covered in the 17 pages of posts, the FP area would only be for the people who had dining packages at the specific restaurant correct?

Thanks!

How much was it?

I do not see the "premium BB package anywhere on the Disney sites. Did they just offer it to you when you called?

The information is right here:

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/fantasmic-dinner-packages/

Click where it says "Read More" under Delightful Dinner and a Dazzling Diversion - it's in the last paragraph.

I was able to get a reservation for Blue Bayou for the 2nd night of our trip! That was lucky - there was only ONE timeslot open, and it conflicted with our WoC Dessert Party package, so I had to get on line with Disney Dining while I was 'holding' the reservation for Blue Bayou. The CM was able to switch my WoC package and I was able to use the website to book BB. I didn't even realize dining packages had become available until tonight so I'm feeling very fortunate right now! The only downside is it's an 8pm reservation with the 10:30 Fantasmic! show, and I'll have my 9-year-old granddaughter with me. So... we'll take a nice long pool break, then a nap, and head back to the parks later in the evening than usual. :)

The CM did confirm that there's a $25 upcharge for the 'premium' Blue Bayou package, and you have to ask for it at the restaurant. She said it includes a souvenir sipper & specialty drink, and the seat cushion. I was concerned that the website says 'all viewing areas are standing only,' but she assured me that the BB section is definitely seated. You just need to pay separately for the cushion.

The CM did confirm that there's a $25 upcharge for the 'premium' Blue Bayou package, and you have to ask for it at the restaurant. She said it includes a souvenir sipper & specialty drink, and the seat cushion. I was concerned that the website says 'all viewing areas are standing only,' but she assured me that the BB section is definitely seated. You just need to pay separately for the cushion.

Dang. I wish we could just get the cushion, no sugary drink required.

I'm really having trouble seeing the value in some of these packages. We've never done a Fantasmic package before, so maybe someone could enlighten me?

If I understand correctly, the RBT package includes viewing from your table at RBT. We saw F! from RBT several years ago before there was a package for it, and the view was underwhelming. It wasn't very close and there were always people walking right in front of us. And I haven't even seen a guarantee that you'd even be seated along the rail ... the view would be even worse if you were at a table further back. I don't understand why people would want to pay this premium for that?

Is the BB package on the tiered area? I've also seen F! from there, when we did a VIP tour a couple years ago. It was a good view, but even sitting there you still had to arrive fairly early to get a good seat because each tier is pretty big so unless you were right in front of the tier sitting on the step, you were sitting on the ground behind other guests, which would not be good for short people or kids. Not only that but I have bad knees and sitting on the ground is difficult for me.

If you get a FP for F! instead of doing a package, how long would you have to wait to get a decent view, assuming you have short people/kids? We always viewed it along the rail in the HM/POC area without a FP -- we could see from there without even waiting. But as I understand it, this is now a FP or ADR area? So what's the alternative now?

I get the premium for the WOC Dessert Party because of the tables, chairs, and the fact that you really don't have to wait in line very long if you don't want to. But I'm just not seeing as much value here.

I'm really having trouble seeing the value in some of these packages. We've never done a Fantasmic package before, so maybe someone could enlighten me?

If I understand correctly, the RBT package includes viewing from your table at RBT. We saw F! from RBT several years ago before there was a package for it, and the view was underwhelming. It wasn't very close and there were always people walking right in front of us. And I haven't even seen a guarantee that you'd even be seated along the rail ... the view would be even worse if you were at a table further back. I don't understand why people would want to pay this premium for that?

Is the BB package on the tiered area? I've also seen F! from there, when we did a VIP tour a couple years ago. It was a good view, but even sitting there you still had to arrive fairly early to get a good seat because each tier is pretty big so unless you were right in front of the tier sitting on the step, you were sitting on the ground behind other guests, which would not be good for short people or kids. Not only that but I have bad knees and sitting on the ground is difficult for me.

If you get a FP for F! instead of doing a package, how long would you have to wait to get a decent view, assuming you have short people/kids? We always viewed it along the rail in the HM/POC area without a FP -- we could see from there without even waiting. But as I understand it, this is now a FP or ADR area? So what's the alternative now?

I get the premium for the WOC Dessert Party because of the tables, chairs, and the fact that you really don't have to wait in line very long if you don't want to. But I'm just not seeing as much value here.
I've also wondered about this. I'm an East-coaster, don't get to DLR but maybe once or twice a year (and that's fabulous in my eyes no matter what shows I see!). We are in Cali next week for a week and I am only able to see Fantasmic on the first and second nights of the new show opening. Actually, only the first night, truth be told, as I'm not planning on being in the park late on our last night, and with my DH back in the hotel. I badly want to see the new show, but after paying big bucks just to enter the park, I have a very hard time justifying MORE big bucks to see the show with a package, given the description posters are receiving on what kind of seating (or not) that comes with the packages. I know it will be hideously crowded for walkups and I'm no spring chicken, so standing and waiting for 2 hours is not my idea of Disney magic! To me, it's even more absurd that they would tack on more money and call it a premium package! I know I sound negative but I have been having these thoughts for days as I have read the comments on this thread. I booked a meal at RBT (none were available at BB) just in case I changed my mind and could have the reservation turned into a package. So far, I have not made the call, and with the days ticking down, I doubt there would be packages left anyway.
I hope everyone who has booked these pricey packages comes away feeling like they got their money's worth! I really do. But I just can't convince myself I would get a wonderful view (and not a standing one) for that money. Even knowing that price is subjective in peoples' eyes, I still feel this way.
Good luck to you all.

I was able to get a reservation for Blue Bayou for the 2nd night of our trip! That was lucky - there was only ONE timeslot open, and it conflicted with our WoC Dessert Party package, so I had to get on line with Disney Dining while I was 'holding' the reservation for Blue Bayou. The CM was able to switch my WoC package and I was able to use the website to book BB. I didn't even realize dining packages had become available until tonight so I'm feeling very fortunate right now! The only downside is it's an 8pm reservation with the 10:30 Fantasmic! show, and I'll have my 9-year-old granddaughter with me. So... we'll take a nice long pool break, then a nap, and head back to the parks later in the evening than usual. :)

Did she say MSEP FP was included? That is what i have read from other people on this thread?

I've also wondered about this. I'm an East-coaster, don't get to DLR but maybe once or twice a year (and that's fabulous in my eyes no matter what shows I see!). We are in Cali next week for a week and I am only able to see Fantasmic on the first and second nights of the new show opening. Actually, only the first night, truth be told, as I'm not planning on being in the park late on our last night, and with my DH back in the hotel. I badly want to see the new show, but after paying big bucks just to enter the park, I have a very hard time justifying MORE big bucks to see the show with a package, given the description posters are receiving on what kind of seating (or not) that comes with the packages. I know it will be hideously crowded for walkups and I'm no spring chicken, so standing and waiting for 2 hours is not my idea of Disney magic! To me, it's even more absurd that they would tack on more money and call it a premium package! I know I sound negative but I have been having these thoughts for days as I have read the comments on this thread. I booked a meal at RBT (none were available at BB) just in case I changed my mind and could have the reservation turned into a package. So far, I have not made the call, and with the days ticking down, I doubt there would be packages left anyway.
I hope everyone who has booked these pricey packages comes away feeling like they got their money's worth! I really do. But I just can't convince myself I would get a wonderful view (and not a standing one) for that money. Even knowing that price is subjective in peoples' eyes, I still feel this way.
Good luck to you all.

For the River Belle Terrace Package I booked, the cost difference between having a meal there without a package vs. including the package is only about $10 more per person. The BB package we booked would be about $15 more per person. For my family, the cost definitely justifies having a guaranteed spot to sit (I confirmed with two cast members that these packages will be sitting on the ground, not standing).

The dining packages reserved sections are also front and center viewing of the show. With a regular fastpass, people line up a lot earlier to guarantee a good spot for the show, whereas with the dining package, you don't have to line up quite as early (although some people do).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter