Family of 5 - Which DVC?

jbax

Earning My Ears
1st post - will start with the apology of, sorry if this is covered ground on this message board.

Still wrestling with direct vs resale. Still wrestling with which resorts to target as homebase.

After searching some, I was not able to find which resorts accomodate 5 in a 1 bedroom Villa. I know some accomodate 4 and others 5. While my kids are 7yo, 5yo and 8mo, I want to know I can fit everybody, even in 5-10 years. I can always pay cash to go for a 2BR Villa, or use banked, or borrow, or rent points to upgrade to a 2br, but I'd like to know I can actually fit my family in a 1BR without it being a hassle.

The board and the knowlege shared is a huge help. Thanks to all of you who share your experiences.

Thanks in advance!

Here they are:

Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel - VGC
Old Key West - OKW
Animal Kingdom Villas - AKL - note that most sleep 5 but some are only 4
Bay Lake Tower - BLT
Aulani

Good luck!

1st post - will start with the apology of, sorry if this is covered ground on this message board.

Still wrestling with direct vs resale. Still wrestling with which resorts to target as homebase.

After searching some, I was not able to find which resorts accomodate 5 in a 1 bedroom Villa. I know some accomodate 4 and others 5. While my kids are 7yo, 5yo and 8mo, I want to know I can fit everybody, even in 5-10 years. I can always pay cash to go for a 2BR Villa, or use banked, or borrow, or rent points to upgrade to a 2br, but I'd like to know I can actually fit my family in a 1BR without it being a hassle.

The board and the knowlege shared is a huge help. Thanks to all of you who share your experiences.

Thanks in advance!

OKW, AKV, BLT and VGF have sleeping spaces for 5 in their one bedrooms. The rest of the resorts allow 5 to be booked in a 1bedroom, but you'd be responsible for providing an air mattress and bedding for the fifth person.

WOW you guys are FAST.

Thanks. So continues the DVC pursuit of points purchase.

Definite advantage to DVC - You can book 5 to a 1 bedroom. DRC does not allow you to do this at BWV, BCV, OKW, WLV and I believe SS.

Kidani and BLT have 2 full bathrooms in a 1BR.

OKW would give you one of the lowest points (and the most sqft) when you upgrade to a 2BR.

Kidani and BLT have 2 full bathrooms in a 1BR.

OKW would give you one of the lowest points (and the most sqft) when you upgrade to a 2BR.

Yup...
If bathrooms matter, you're wanting either AKV-Kidani or BLT for a 1BR with 5.
Otherwise, you can't do better than OKW for the space.

VGF will allow 5 in a studio if you really want to maximize value, but I couldn't imagine doing that.

Yup...
If bathrooms matter, you're wanting either AKV-Kidani or BLT for a 1BR with 5.
Otherwise, you can't do better than OKW for the space.

VGF will allow 5 in a studio if you really want to maximize value, but I couldn't imagine doing that.

BLT has the extra bathroom too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter