Family of 5 plus a baby onsite?

Tigger

Mouseketeer
I'd like to know what my options are staying onsite for our family. We just returned from WDW and stayed at the Polynesian. Since our baby is only 1yo we were allowed to stay there, but I don't know what is allowed at the Universal hotels.

Linda

Hi Linda,

I would suggest calling the hotel directly. I know all literature states up to 5 in a room. I am unsure on their policies for babies. Maybe they can accomodate you still. Maybe a childrens suite would be what they suggest. I know they are pricey though.

jessica5.gif

I have a family of six and we usually squeeze into one room. I simply don't mention that I have a baby. If a hotel has a policy of only 5 to a room they are none the wiser. We request a rollaway bed and bring our own port-a-crib. On occassion, we are cramped. We are usually out having so much fun that we are never in our room.

I called today and they said that there is a 5 person limit even if the 6th was a baby. Even in a deluxe (bigger--500 sq ft) room. Of course now they know about the baby. I did reserve adjoining rooms, but don't know that we will keep the reservation. The space would be nice and my husband and I would sleep a lot better in another room. Our kids are noisy sleepers! We just got back from WDW and all slept in one room at the Polynesian and I didn't sleep well at all. Decisions, decisions!

We had the same problem. There will be 6 of us for the Universal part of our trip. We opted for 2 garden view rooms at HRH, with the Entertainment rate it came to $117.50 per room, totaling to $235.00 + tax per night. Not a bad deal, Request connecting rooms. :)

Belle, They only had deluxe rooms for our August trip--$149.50 a room witht the Entertainment discount. The problem was finding the "king" room. They told me that in order to have connecting rooms that one room has to be a king room--2 queen rooms don't connect. Is that what you were told? The rooms size is probably overkill for us since we'll have two rooms. I'm going to call back and try for regular rooms. What month is your visit?

So, how did you come up with Belle for your name? We have kittens named Tigger and Belle (and a dog named Magic).

Linda

At the Hard Rock this weekend, we had a king room with a couch that looked like it folds out into another bed. I didn't open it, but as looked under it to get a toy I saw what looked like the innards of a sofa bed. Also the crib they provided fit nicely betweek the bed and wall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!