Family Magic Tour Question

chrisann

DIS Veteran
We're going to be at DW for our son's 5th b-day, we're thinking of doing the magic tour instaed of the character meal for his birthday as he's more into Peter pan and different villains. The few posts I've read, mention that Peter Pan is usually the charcter the kids meet at the end. Is this the case for everyone who's had one of these tours? My son LOVES Peter Pan and would be thrilled if he could get some special attention from him, especially on his b-day!! What other charcters have you encountered if any. I'm just wondering if the cm's say there is no set characters to protect themselves from disappointed patrons who are expecting certain ones. Thanks!!

We've done this tour twice. The first time, Peter Pan was waiting for us at the end. The second time, we took a 5-year-old boy who was very disappointed that Sleeping Beauty greeted us at the end of the tour.... until she took his hand and walked with him all the way to the Peter Pan ride and rode it with him! He thought that was very cool.

Mary Poppins met us at the end of our tour in Oct. 2001. She walked us to the front of It's a Small World and sat between our two DDs.

We're doing this tour next Thursday, can't wait to see whose at the end. I'll let you know when I get back!

We did the tour last June and it was awesome! My niece and nephew still talk about how they saved the Magic Kingdom! Peter Pan was at the end of our tour too, and he did a great job of interacting with the kids (large and small - I think some of us adults enjoyed the tour more than the littles!)
One thing you might want to get for your son (if they're still carrying them) - the Disney Store online had personalized sweatshirts that say "Alex" and Peter Pan always save the day! I got one for my nephew's Xmas gift to remind him of the tour and he just loves it!

I've been thinking about doing this tour on our next trip. How do I go about reserving it? Is it like making a PS? :confused:

Also, how much does it cost?

Thanks!

If I remember correctly it's $25 per person and I reserved it when I made my ps ressies, but I think I was transferred to another "section."

We also had Peter Pan and Wendy appear at the end of our tour ... it was GREAT!!!

Never done the tour, but I've heard reports of people getting Mary Poppins, Belle, or Prince Charming as well as the others that were mentioned.

:confused: I called today to book the tour I asked about Peter Pan being at the end of the tour and I got laughed at and said no way would Peter Pan be at the end he's way too busy. When I mentioned that I read some reviews that said otherwise she chuckled again and said no! I was feeling alittle emarrassed by then and quit pushing the matter however I did not book. I want to look further into this now I'm wondering does Peter Pan not do this anymore has anyone done it recently and had Peter Pan? I'm just hoping that there may be a chance of him showing not none at all.

Anyway This is my first message so Hi all and thank you!
I know theres been alot of threads on this issue but I haven't reallyn seen any recent ones stating that they had Peter Pan in year 2004 so if i could hear from anyone that would be great!

pS. hOW DO you put the countdown to the world on?

We were surprised that Sleeping Beauty was at the end of our second tour after experiencing Peter Pan the first time. I asked the tour guide about this, and she explained that even she doesn't know who will greet us at the end of each tour. It all depends on which character is available at the time.

It's a fun tour. The kids (and adults!) are asked to do some really silly things on their quest to save the Magic Kingdom. Maybe you could go ahead and make reservations for the tour, but not tell your son about it. Then, on the morning of your tour, you could arrive early and ask the guide if he/she knows yet which character will be at the end while explaining why Peter Pan was so important. If they tell you for sure it won't be Peter Pan, maybe you could ask for your money back.

I wonder, though, that even though Peter Pan is your son's favorite, maybe he would enjoy the adventure and meeting a new character. It's possible that the new character will become another favorite of his just because of the special meeting. :)

Good luck. Let us all know what happens.

Chrisann--

I just wanted to add a couple of things to the information that has already been presented.

1. Disney's Family Magic Tour is one of the very best experiences offered at the Walt Disney World Resort. It is a very special time in the Magic Kingdom, and one that is sure to leave a lasting impression. Almost all guests who take part count it as one of their favorite Disney memories.

2. As has been mentioned, there is a character element to the tour. Very often the character at the end of the tour is Peter Pan. However it is not always Peter Pan. Additionally, as mentioned in a previous message, Magic Kingdom Tours and the tour guide will not be able to guarentee the specific character (even the morning of the tour). As with all character appearances, due to various operational constraints, entertainment is subject to change without notice.

I am confident that you are your son will enjoy Disney's Family Magic regardless of the character at the end of the tour. Additionally, the odds are in your favor that Peter Pan will be at the end of the tour. Currently, it is very rare for an alternate character to be used. Even so... no promises. :)

Another option you may be interested in considering is a specialty Peter Pan cruise. Keep in mind this Fireworks cruise is only available to grand gatherings (parties of 8 or more staying at a Walt Disney World Resort.) You can find out more about this product at disneyworld.com, but the basic outline is as follows: a dessert reception with Captain Hook and Mr. Smee. A Cruise onto the Seven Seas Lagoon hosted by Patches the Pirate who sings songs, and tells stories. A special viewing of Wishes: A Magical Gathering of Disney Dreams, and finally a private meet-and-greet with Peter Pan back on shore.

Regardless of your choice, I hope you have a magical Walt Disney World vacation. If you have other questions regarding Disney's Family Magic Tour or other Peter Pan themed experiences, don't hesitate to post or send me a PM (Private Message).

We did the magic tour for our DD 8th Bday. Make sure you get a bday button in city hall. Anyway, I loved the tour! Theme was that PP stole Capt. hooks hook and we had to find it or he would trash the MK. All kinds of neat stuff to do and u meet peter at the end. MY DD got to ride in front with PP on Small world... Now that was magical!

I, DH, DD7, DS10, DS12,DS14 took this tour last June. My DS14 asked if we could do this every year!!!:hyper: We had Peter Pan and Wendy at the end of our tour, but I don't think it would have mattered because it lived up to its' name! The 25 dollars was worth every cent! We still talk and laugh about it. That's the magic of WDW!

Carol36

we did the tour last week, and had Peter Pan at the end. The tour was great, my 11yo and 8yo had a blast. Peter Pan was a hoot, talked non-stop, great interaction with kids and families individually, and took everyone on It's a Small World. I'm so glad we took this tour!

:D Thank you all for all your help I decided to go ahead and book the tour for may 25th. I’ll just keep my fingers crossed that we get Peter Pan. I know everyone said that its worth it anyway but I also know that once they start talking about Capt. Hook My kids are going to start getting their hopes up of meeting Peter Pan.
:( Anyway I’m looking forward to it and thank you all again for all your help.

We did this tour 2 years ago when we went and plan on booking it when we go back in September. It was me, DH, DD who was 18 at the time and DS who was 4. We had a blast and had Peter Pan and Wendy at the end. Hope you have fun, I know you will. Michelle

Just wondering how many people who have taken this tour have gotten the Sleeping Beauty theme. My little one loves Peter Pan and would really enjoy the Peter Pan storyline.

We did this tour in February and had Peter at the end. It is absolutely magical, and I think no matter who the character was, my 4 year old son would have been happy. When my mother asked him what his favorite ride was at WDW, he answered "well, my favorite ride is Flying Dumbo, but my favorite thing was saving the Magic Kingdom".

I still am amazed at the professionalism of this tour. I would pay double for the experience. Our tourguide, Sarah, was a great cast member, whose timing was incredible, and who obviously loved her job. I still can't get over how seamlessly the tour is run, and the detail that goes into it. Words can't really describe it, it has to be experienced to be believed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter