Fall/Winter 2022 Itineraries

So... a few interesting things in this release
  • A 7-nighter out of NYC to SJU for Halloween, followed by an actual Southern Caribbean sailing, rather than immediate turnaround
  • After the Southern Caribbean, the Magic is repositioning to Galveston - not Miami. This makes sense given that the Dream is pretty much conducting the traditional mix of cruises that the Magic would have handled there in the past
  • EBPC not released - Could the Wonder stay on the West Coast? Join the Magic in Galveston... or maybe given the theming head to NOLA and spend way more time than usual there?
  • One 8-nighter on the Fantasy
  • The few double dips cruises
The Wonder only has Sept and Oct sail dates. The EBPC is typically in November. I don't know why there're only showing two months. Perhaps they are trying to keep it on the west coast and haven't finalized port agreements? Pure speculation at this point, but I don't know if you could support 5 ships in the Caribbean without the new private island.

I am looking and can’t see any cruises out of Port Canaveral on any ship for the first week of November 2022. I can see cruises for the week before and the week after but nothing for sailings during the days of November 1 - 4. No cruises include these days. Anyone see any cruises with these days included in the sailing out of Port Canveral?

Edited: I did some cruises that sail with the dates Nov 1-4 Included. The Disney Fantasy sailing Oct 29-Nov 6. The Disney Wish sailing Oct 31-Nov 4. We like taking our trips during Jersey week (our son has off school) and seems like nothing was really coming up for that first week in November 2022.

Last edited:
Why does Disney only release 3 months at a time? Does this mean January 2023 will open up sometime in September? Thanks

I am looking and can’t see any cruises out of Port Canaveral on any ship for the first week of November 2022. I can see cruises for the week before and the week after but nothing for sailings during the days of November 1 - 4. No cruises include these days. Anyone see any cruises with these days included in the sailing out of Port Canveral?

It looks like the Wish has a cruise on Nov 4th (it is Castaway Cay only and does not appear to be a Christmas themed cruise).

The Wonder only has Sept and Oct sail dates. The EBPC is typically in November. I don't know why there're only showing two months. Perhaps they are trying to keep it on the west coast and haven't finalized port agreements? Pure speculation at this point, but I don't know if you could support 5 ships in the Caribbean without the new private island.
The port agreement theory is one that carries a lot of weight - regardless of East or West Coast. Agreed that having 5 ships in the East in what is typically the low season (mid-September to mid-November) does not make too much sense.

The port agreement theory is one that carries a lot of weight - regardless of East or West Coast. Agreed that having 5 ships in the East in what is typically the low season (mid-September to mid-November) does not make too much sense.
How would it normally have 5 ships there in early fall? The Magic is typically finishing up Europe & then returning at that time, while the Wonder is typically finishing up Alaska/California & then returning at that time. It isn't really until November that all of the ships are back in the Caribbean/Bahamas. Late November through New Year's is a big season for DCL. The winter holiday cruises tend to cost even more than summer cruises.

Last edited:
Was looking at the Transatlantic and Bermuda cruises for booking next week and notice a few inside staterooms have opened up on the Hawai’i cruise earlier next year. Might be sailing sooner than I thought!

I thought the itinerary looked great, too! Definitely on our list of ones to do in the future when we don't have to worry about school schedules for the kids.

Yep, my oldest DD starts 1st grade this fall so we've got decades of school schedules ahead of us 😳

Yep, my oldest DD starts 1st grade this fall so we've got decades of school schedules ahead of us 😳
I will say it's definitely easier to take them out of school when they are younger, but of course that's personal preference. Our oldest starts high school this Fall (high school here is grades 8-12) and while I might pull her out for a couple of days in grade 8, I don't see it happening much beyond that.

I will say it's definitely easier to take them out of school when they are younger, but of course that's personal preference. Our oldest starts high school this Fall (high school here is grades 8-12) and while I might pull her out for a couple of days in grade 8, I don't see it happening much beyond that.

I feel pretty comfortable pulling her out at this age too, but more for something like a 5-night out of NYC where she would miss four-ish days than a two week cruise plus travel. 🙂

I feel pretty comfortable pulling her out at this age too, but more for something like a 5-night out of NYC where she would miss four-ish days than a two week cruise plus travel. 🙂
That’s why we haven’t done a PC crossing yet. We had one booked a few years ago, but then chickened out. 2 weeks is tough.

I might just wait until the next ship comes out to try to sail on the Wish. Hopefully the prices will fall a bit by then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter