Faith, Trust, & Pixie Dust - Doug & Emily TR - SBP/Mangino's - UPDATED page 8

Emily-- you look so beautiful and your day sounds so lovely, with the exception of your grandmothers toast-- wow!! :scared1: I would love to talk more but this day has been one from hell-- shanes car caught on fire as well as the side of the house-- yayaya-- check out the off topic thread. Anyways-- you are one of the most beautiful brides ive ever seen in my life-- love your flowers, love your hair, doug looks great-- cant wait to see more photos! Ill look at randys tonight!! :hug:

OH MY GOD, Maggie!!!! :scared:
I love how you say it as though it's an everyday occurrence....."Shane's car caught on fire".....
LOL I hope everything is okay now.....:grouphug:

OH MY GOD, Maggie!!!! :scared:
I love how you say it as though it's an everyday occurrence....."Shane's car caught on fire".....
LOL I hope everything is okay now.....:grouphug:

I wont go into big detail here but go over to the off topic thread-- i cover it pretty thorough from start to finish over there. The smoke damanged a little of the house but its okay-- just lucky it wasnt parked in the garage at the time or we werent in it. There are photos over there and everything. Thank heavens we were okay. God is good!!

Emily, what a beautiful wedding you had and I LOVE LOVE LOVE your pictures!! You look so comfortable and happy in them!! I'm so glad you posted about randy's style of photographing.. I was wondering about that!

I wanted to ask you two questions if that's ok:

1. what kind of makeup did you wear that day?
2. For the sand ceremony, did you have disney provide the containers or did you buy them yourself and bring them?

I have Juliana as my coordinator as well and really hope she can make it to my ceremony, she seems so sweet.

You and Doug make such a handsome couple .. thank you again for sharing this wonderful day with us!!!! You're sooooooo beautiful and I love your dress!

This is a great TR! You are an incredible writer! Your day sounds beautiful except for GMa of course ;) I'm glad you didnt let it ruin your day! Cant wait to hear the rest of the story!

Emily, what a beautiful wedding you had and I LOVE LOVE LOVE your pictures!! You look so comfortable and happy in them!! I'm so glad you posted about randy's style of photographing.. I was wondering about that!

I wanted to ask you two questions if that's ok:

1. what kind of makeup did you wear that day?
2. For the sand ceremony, did you have disney provide the containers or did you buy them yourself and bring them?

I have Juliana as my coordinator as well and really hope she can make it to my ceremony, she seems so sweet.

You and Doug make such a handsome couple .. thank you again for sharing this wonderful day with us!!!! You're sooooooo beautiful and I love your dress!

First of all....thank you! :goodvibes

I wore MAC makeup that day and did my own. I swear by MAC makeup. I wear it everyday. Little tip: For the foundation use only the Studio Fix. It is a powder and foundation combined and goes on very light, but doesn't smear or run in the heat. And it stays all day. I use a cosmetic wedge to apply it.

The only containers I provided for the sand ceremony was the blue wine bottle we combined the sand in and the funnel to pour it. Disney provided the glass cylinders and the sand. We could choose from about 40 colors of sand. We chose royal blue and white. Another tip: make sure you get a funnel with a wide mouth....it took forver for us to pour the sand because it kept getting stuck in the neck of the funnel and Jack Day had to keep tapping it for us! :rotfl2:

Emily-- you look so beautiful and your day sounds so lovely, with the exception of your grandmothers toast-- wow!! :scared1: I would love to talk more but this day has been one from hell-- shanes car caught on fire as well as the side of the house-- yayaya-- check out the off topic thread. Anyways-- you are one of the most beautiful brides ive ever seen in my life-- love your flowers, love your hair, doug looks great-- cant wait to see more photos! Ill look at randys tonight!! :hug:

MAGGIE! Goly Gosh! I hope everything is okay and I am so glad you and Shane are unharmed! :angel:

What a freak thing to happen! :eek: Doug and I were gawking at your photos last night! Unreal.

You are in our prayers! :hug:

First of all....thank you! :goodvibes

I wore MAC makeup that day and did my own. I swear by MAC makeup. I wear it everyday. Little tip: For the foundation use only the Studio Fix. It is a powder and foundation combined and goes on very light, but doesn't smear or run in the heat. And it stays all day. I use a cosmetic wedge to apply it.

The only containers I provided for the sand ceremony was the blue wine bottle we combined the sand in and the funnel to pour it. Disney provided the glass cylinders and the sand. We could choose from about 40 colors of sand. We chose royal blue and white. Another tip: make sure you get a funnel with a wide mouth....it took forver for us to pour the sand because it kept getting stuck in the neck of the funnel and Jack Day had to keep tapping it for us! :rotfl2:

lol. thanks for the tips! How funny that must have been waiting for the sand to fall... I think those kind of things that happen at weddings though really help people laugh and feel more loose and comfortable so really they are a blessing in a way!

I think I'm gonna try the MAC makeup.. (even though I already bought some benefit foundation)... everyone recommends it!

I can't wait to hear the rest of your TR! yay!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

MAGGIE! Goly Gosh! I hope everything is okay and I am so glad you and Shane are unharmed! :angel:

What a freak thing to happen! :eek: Doug and I were gawking at your photos last night! Unreal.

You are in our prayers! :hug:

That means a lot:hug: Cant wait for more TR:woohoo:

I am so sorry guys, I have been so busy at work with my new promotion and by the time i get home and spend time with my husband, i am exhausted. I havent forgotten about you!

So here we go.........

The alarm goes off at 3:30 a.m. the next morning, because we had to meet our photographer in the lobby of the hotel at 5:00 a.m. I dont know if it was the fact that we had only had 3 hours of sleep, or what, but somehow when that alarm went off at 3:30 it got turned off....completely. Somehow, by the magic of Mickey, Doug woke up around 4:15 and JUMPED out of bed. Yelling, OMG, OMG, we are late!

So I rush to do my hair and makeup to somewhat resemble that day before and slip my dress on, while Doug is getting dressed. We end up in the lobby at 4:55.....I was so proud. :goodvibes

We wait..........

and wait..........

and wait........

at this point it is 5:15.......our photgrapher was supposed to pick us up at 5:00. So Doug goes inside to the concierge to see if they have a number to call DPS and get an answer as to why we are standing outside at 5:15 a.m. in wedding attire looking like a stranded newlywed couple. The concierge calls DPS.....and guess what?......they are closed.....seriously at 5:00 a.m.? :rotfl2:

So they call an emergency number and get no answer, but leave a v-mail.

Doug comes back outside to wait with me.

No mind you, while i am waiting there is a DCL bus loading people and I am alone in a wedding dress at 5:15 a.m.........I felt like a moron. People were staring and looking all confused. :confused3

5:25: We see these headlights BARRELING towards us, it was like a crazy van all out of control. And guess who it is? Our photographer.

He apologizes and says we NEVER do these at 5:00 a.m. I dont know why they scheduled this time for you. I say, " I requested this time because i wanted all of our pictures to look like nightime and Rosie suggested that this was the best time to guarantee that."

Photographer: Well Rosie is not the one out here taking pictures, she doesnt know what time it gets light outside......all I am thinking at this point is lets just get these D**n pictures so I can go back to bed....lol

Are Disney photgraphers god? Because this one thought he was and he acted as if traffic laws did not apply to him......somehow we make it to MK alive....

One bonus and probably the one saving grace about doing this photo shoot was seeing all the behind the scenes, we saw the backs of POTC, Splash Mountain, all the parade floats in there "beds", the water pageant floats, and much more "magic" and then out of nowhere we are being driven down mainstreet USA.....some of the things I saw were not magical though, and honestly i wish I would have never seen. Because the rest of the week all i could think of was what was going on in the MK at night while I slept.....it is not a fairytale, let me just say that....lol

We arrive.

We drive up to the Walt and Mickey statue and he begins yelling commands to us. Not friendly, not happy, he was a man who was mad he had to get out of bed that morning, and he was determined to prove that to us.

Look at me, look at eachother, kiss......repeat.....repeat....repeat. These are the ONLY poses we have, nothing romantic, candid, or fun. Look at me, look at eachother...kiss

This is now a rolling joke with me and Doug.....it was awful.

$800.00...........never again.

After the MK shoot we return to our hotel, to shower and change because we have to meet the next photographer at 9:30 at the International Gateway for our honeymoon shoot "around the world".

At this point we are actually considering canceeling it because we are so disappointed with DPS. Now I must say I haebv seen DPS photos before. BEAUTIFUL photos.........but we were not that lucky.

We get to Epcot and a very nice gentleman is waiting for us.....wonderfully nice, but I was seriously concerned about him getting around Epcot and leaving healthy....he was like 75 or 80.......no joke. He was so nice to us though, and we told him a little about our earlier experience and he was baffled. He asked us what we wanted that we didnt get ealrier, and he gave it to us. Lots of candids, fun shot, playful shots, and cute stuff. But the pictres were not flattering, so bad that i am not even willing to post them. That is not necessarily the photogs fault though, in order to get the shots we wanted we were exposed to direct sunlight most of the time so we are squinting badly, and I picked a BAD choice of outfit.

Once that shoot was over we left our photog in Mexico, and went about our way.......kinda..........my feet were BLEEDING from the "cute" sandals I had to have!

Bleeding........I am in tears I can not walk and we have to walk to the front of Epcot from Mexico to get back to our hotel.....We took a break and got a cheese danish from a cart along the way and took about 5 breaks after that...it was horrible. When DPS tells you to wear comfy shoes.....LISTEN TO THEM! :rotfl:

We FINALLY get back to the room at this point we have been up for 6 hours on three hours sleep and it is only 10:30 a.m. Needless to say we get back to the room and CRASH......we slept until about 3:30. We had to be at MK at 5:00 p.m., but Doug couldnt understand what the rush was for.......our ressies at CTR werent until 6:30..........

but I had some magic up my sleeve........

up next........

The Vacation OFFICIALLY starts, I make my husband cry......and GOAL.....:wizard:

Emily, I am so sorry to hear about your MK shoot :sad2: I cannot believe the photographer was late and then so rude to you :mad: It sounds like you had the same photographer that Tiffany (ForKeeps) had. Did the pics turn out ok though? That's awful that your honeymoon shoot pics didn't turn out nicely either! Your wedding day pics from Randy are absolutely beautiful though :cutie: I am glad you have some lovely pictures from your wedding!

Yes wearing "cute" shoes while at Disney is not the best idea. I also learned that the hard way :laughing: I cannot wait to hear about your GOAL surprise!

Hey Emily :wave2:

I just finished an exam, so I officially can DIS for at least an hour without guilt. I'm all caught up on your TR and it's great!

Your pictures are just beautiful -- you special day looked like it was just perfect.

Unfortunately it sounds like you had a similar crankypants DPS photographer. I'm sorry you had such an unpleasant experience. it is interesting to see behind the scenes isn't it? I did the KTTK tour when we went and I think DH and are going to do the big 7 hour backstage one when we go for our anniversary :goodvibes

looking forward to your next installment

OMG - you should TOTALLY write a letter to Disney about your horrible DPS experience! They just jacked the price of the MK shoot up to $1000 and $1200 (depending on package), and they need to provide a quality product to match the prices. If nobody speaks up, they'll think they can get away with it.

Your trip report has shown that you're a great writer - writing a letter about your experience would be a service to all Disney brides! :thumbsup2

OMG - you should TOTALLY write a letter to Disney about your horrible DPS experience! They just jacked the price of the MK shoot up to $1000 and $1200 (depending on package), and they need to provide a quality product to match the prices. If nobody speaks up, they'll think they can get away with it.

Your trip report has shown that you're a great writer - writing a letter about your experience would be a service to all Disney brides! :thumbsup2

DH has been wanting us to write a letter since we have been home......lol...you think I was upset.......DH was LIVID.....he is a saver and to spend the $800.00 on the best experience ever was hard for him from the beginning, but after that....he was completely sick to spend that kind of money for that experience

it really is run of the mill with DPS.....i have heard great things about them....unfortunately i can not relate.......

my biggest advice for brides is if you are going to spend extra money on pics of any kind spend it where you can be FOR CERTAIN that you will be happy with the final product......i.e....go with a photographer you can speak to beforehand and relay your style and ideas to him

that being said DH and i both agree that the 600.00 and some odd dollars we spent on Randy Chapman was the best decision we made during our entire wedding, we are still gushing about how glad we are that we hired him....especially after our personal experience

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter