Facebook Page for the child who nearly drowned on the Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it was deleted then, because that day this is the first one I saw. Some posters were getting a little ugly and critical on some of the posts.

The original thread was locked and then I think totally deleted, it got a little . well lets just say out of hand with some of the posts and I personally think it is best that it is gone.

The original thread was locked and then I think totally deleted, it got a little . well lets just say out of hand with some of the posts and I personally think it is best that it is gone.

Tozzie said:

Ok, thanks for the info.

I was so eager for news on dear Chase before I even knew his name...now my heart breaks a little more with each update I read. :(

I have been praying for Chase since I heard about this. I feel so sorry for this family. This poor little boy is struggling so much and it is so hard to get him out of my mind. I leave for my Disney cruise in 10 days and I can tell you that what happened to Chase will change how we handle the pool with my son and the other family that will be going with us. Because of this horrible accident I will not allow my son or the other kids to go into the pool without an adult in our party sitting on the side of the pool. I am going to tie a string (neon green or some other bright colored string) to the back of his googles so that I can see him.

I am hopeful this little boy will make will make a full recovery. I am also hopeful that we can all learn something from this in honor of Chase. I will be watching my child because of Chase. As a firm believer of "everything happens for a reason" ...I will make sure this does not happen to me and my family. In honor of Chase I have learned something and I hope we can all learn something from this and spread the word.

bbon6 - great post above. I feel exactly the same way. I cannot stop thinking about this family. I have read every post on the Caring Bridge. He has an MRI tomorrow and I am terrified for them what it will show.

This will absolutely change the way we approach any pool activity with our 8 and 3 year old boys.

This puts everything so in perspective. I keep telling our kids about pool safety. We don't cruise again till next March, but our kids are always around pool and at the beach. I want to just put them in a bubble. How do we keep out kids safe????

Dogsambam said:
This puts everything so in perspective. I keep telling our kids about pool safety. We don't cruise again till next March, but our kids are always around pool and at the beach. I want to just put them in a bubble. How do we keep out kids safe???? I so hope there is a miracle in the MRI tomorrow. Lets all say an extra prayer tonight, and also give all of our kids a couple extra hugs!!!!!!

Where we live any pool, beach etc has a rule that children ages 8 and under must be no further than arms length away from an adult. Pretty much means you are in the water. My kids rarely visited the beach until supper hour and once everyone else cleared out. It was much easier to supervise that way. Both sons are now certified lifeguards. I never asked if they wanted to be one. We made it a priority, and didn't leave it open to debate. If we had left it up to them they would have quit like all their friends. We have the saying it's not good enough to know how to swim- you need to know how to swim AND be able to rescue all those who quit halfway through. I know my sons are not very popular with those they try to protect while on the job. . The abuse they put up with for doing their job and trying to enforce safety rules is ridiculous.

This was recently posted on his FB page:

"Coming home!!!

We met with the doctors to translate the MRI picture to us about an hour ago. Unfortunately, it was not the news we had been hoping for. I will do my best to translate this in understandable terms. His Basel Ganglia area was damaged. This is the area that controls motor programming, movement, tremors, dystonia- basically the area that controls his arms, legs, fingers and most motor skills. The Internal Cbapsnee was also damaged. this is the are of his bran that controls his temp, heart rate, respiratory rate, thirst, hunger, sweating...ect. This explains what we are seeing medically- with all of the fluctuations. His Reticular Activating System was damaged- the area that effects his sleep/ wake cycle, and is optical lobs....or eye sight. Lets face it, we all knew our Warrior had some damaged up there. But he is a fighter, and he has all of us behind him. Again, The Lord spared his life, and for that I am thankful, very thankful. We are excited to come home and hold our other Children- too of the three most precious gifts The Lord has given us. And yes, we are coming home today! Chaser will continue his fight at the St. Paul Children's. We fly out in a couple hours. We thank you all for you thoughts and prayers. ...........God is Good!"

I don't know how they are keeping strong, but I continue to pray for these parents and Chase. I wonder what the MRI results mean medically for him long term. Praying for a safe flight for everyone

I don't know how they are keeping strong, but I continue to pray for these parents and Chase. I wonder what the MRI results mean medically for him long term. Praying for a safe flight for everyone

It doesn't sound good, but with all the prayers going up for this little guy, maybe a miracle is in the works!

Glad they get to go home now - as if having this happen isn't horrific enough, and then you have to go through it in a place far from home without family nearby. I hope they have a safe trip home...

I showed the post to my coworker, an experienced medical professional and her view was grim based on what they posted :(

I am a neonatal nurse practitioner and we deal with asphyxia frequently unfortunately.

What they posted is very grim, sadly :( Chase may need a tracheostomy if he cannot keep his own airway protected from secretions and his autonomic dysfunction will make him prone to stroke, which will only damage things more. The only "bright side" (which is a very dismal side indeed) is that likely the personality and sentience that was the little boy has likely gone. Hopefully he will not have enough consciousness to be uncomfortable from contractures and other issues.

This is the hardest to see in patients.....their personality/soul/essence/etc has left the building, but their brain stem is intact. Parents are left caring for a shell that will keep on for a long time :(

I so wish his family didn't have to go through this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter