Facebook Jail

I had a bday last fall and always thanked each post to my FB feed for their best wishes. I went down the line and made sure that all were responded to. A week later posts from friends that were dated on my birthday were showing up on my feed that I hadn't thanked. Not just 1...many. That's when I realized that something was fishy so I did a test. I posted something on my feed and then asked my DH if he could see it. He couldn't. He did the same. I couldn't see his post. I then put 2+2 together and realized that I'd had a lot of posts that no one liked or commented on. He always liked or commented and so did our kids. In talking to friends, they then noticed the same things on their feeds. That's when we left FB. No regrets. Our stress levels dropped dramatically and we spent less time with our faces in our phones.

Last edited:

I think if he calls himself Julie's Haircut, he will understand the confusion. :)

Yes, DW told me my screen name would be confusing soon after I chose it. But I don't mind; in fact I now embrace it.

I think he said on one of those username threads that he got it from the name of a band.

True. They're from Italy but they sing mostly in English.

I have about 17 or 18 days left in my sentence. It was stepdaughter's birthday yesterday and I couldn't send a FB greeting. I had to send a text. :scared1:

I can still read, but not post or even "like" something. I haven't looked in about a week and don't miss it at all.

I have about 17 or 18 days left in my sentence. It was stepdaughter's birthday yesterday and I couldn't send a FB greeting. I had to send a text. :scared1:

I can still read, but not post or even "like" something. I haven't looked in about a week and don't miss it at all.

I remember the days when we sent letters or called on the landline of all things! :teeth:

I never use FB, but I do have a Twitter account, which I barely use. But once I did get blocked by someone over something stupid.
This person was a writer for some media blog/news page, and was making a claim that Charlize Theron's character in Prometheus is transgender because in her quarters was a medical pod that happened to be set for men (there's a scene where a female character had to change the settings in order to perform an emergency C-section).

I just remarked on her discussion thread that the pod was set for men because the extremely elderly Peter Weyland was secretly aboard the ship. He needed the med pod because he was obviously so fragile. And for that I was blocked.

I didn't say this, but it was pretty much spelled out in the movie. That, and the only ambiguity with Theron's character was that some argued that she may be an android as opposed to human, as being Weyland's daughter left that question open.

Oh? I once reported a post for the R word. The post was removed but I have no idea if the poster received any penalty.

Not even once and I've probably reported 30 or 40 posts in the last year. It's not just me, either. Our special needs parents group targets these kinds of posts, so sometimes they are being reported by dozens of people, and we all keep getting "This post does not violate blah blah blah."

I have never been in FB jail, but my brother was just banned last night! He asked "Why should I have to wear a mask? I am vaccinated!" and someone reported him:crazy2:

Imagine being the type of person to report that? But then imagine how strange FB is to actually shut him down.

I think it's sad that someone else out of spite can get someone banned

So about 2 and 1/2 minutes ago I posted in a fast pass thread here on DIS that it looks like it's 4:45 in the afternoon and I doubt that we'll hear any information about fast passes and I got a 2-minute ban for that. 2 minutes?!? Seriously? I'm about to hit the send button on this one. I wonder how long of a ban will have for this?

So about 2 and 1/2 minutes ago I posted in a fast pass thread here on DIS that it looks like it's 4:45 in the afternoon and I doubt that we'll hear any information about fast passes and I got a 2-minute ban for that. 2 minutes?!? Seriously? I'm about to hit the send button on this one. I wonder how long of a ban will have for this?
I don’t know if they’re “bans” or just logistics, but sometimes when I want to make multiple replies I get a message saying I cannot post again for 60 seconds.

Yes, I think it's to stop bots from clogging the pages with spam posts.

Yes, I think it's to stop bots from clogging the pages with spam posts.
If that's true then why did the only post that I posted about fastpass after over an hour of not posting at all result in a 60 minute ban? It just doesn't make any sense. When I ask a moderator about it I just get the runaround. Oh well. Social media. 🤣🤣

Another oddball thing. Sometimes when I attempt to “like” a post, another screen pops up saying “are you sure you want to take this action,” as if the post and/or poster isn’t worthy of recognition.

My FB got hacked. The hacker added their e-mail to the account, then added a 3rd party 2-factor authentification to the account. I reported the fraud through the FB automated system but that is all you can do. There is no phone number or e-mail you can use to actually receive any sort of support. That only allowed me to add a 3rd e-mail to the account and change the password - I could not get in because I do not have access to the 2-factor, only the hacker does. LSS - I changed the password and the account is locked to both of us - stalemate - the account is dead to both of us.

I actually started the process of making a new account, then decided it was too much effort on my part. I wouldn't even consider it without setting up the 2-factor and you shouldn't either. FB is just mining our data (see the Social Dilemma on Netflix if you doubt this), the LEAST they could do is provide you a way to contact someone when things go wrong. They don't even do this much. Forget it - I'm done. As has been said by others in this thread, it is refreshing to be off and done with it. No regrets, not looking back. Good luck with that Mr. Zuckerberg.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter