• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fabulous 50TH Festivities With Friends and Family 3/30/2022 It's a Wrap and Will I Be Back????

I'm late to the party, but following!! (Will also be checking out your YouTube channel - may add it to my Saturday morning walk/coffee/DFB update regimen!)

You two are adorable!

:welcome:

Aww! Thank you so much for checking us out. We go to Disney a lot and I do my best to keep up with the DIS. We usually post 4-6 days a week on YouTube. ❤🙂

Good morning! I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving. Ours was pretty quiet. My mom came over and we made way too much food, lol. But, it was nice having leftovers. It was also nice just having a relaxing day at home. Joe and I don't get too many of those so we like to take advantage of them when they happen. This means comfy clothes, lots of tv and cocktails. We just binged You and LOVED it.

Epcot was quiet today. We really didn't hit any crowds until a few hours before the premiere of Harmonious. This meant that we were able to ride every attraction in Epcot with absolutely no wait. We walked onto Test Track twice. I skipped Soarin' because we all know how I feel about that.☹ So, when Joe rode Soarin', I hopped onto Nemo. It was a good day. We hit up a few Food and Wine booths and even found time for an Avocado Margarita. This was also the first time in years that we stayed in a park all day. We ran into a ton of Orlando Vloggers, including Tim Tracker for the 3rd time, Nate from Paging Mr. Morrow, Jackie from Super Enthused, and Adam Woo.

Dinner tonight was at Rose and Crown. We shared the Fish and Chips. I had a couple of Leaping Leprachauns (Best Drink in the UK Pavillion) and Joe chugged down a few Guinnesses. This is a great restaurant and one I can't recommend enough.

Harmonious was very unimpressive. We have seen it twice now in person and it honestly doesn't do anything for me. I think the mechanical Ursula in the middle of the lagoon is a complete eyesore and the show itself lacks emotion. I hate to say this but I'm just not a fan. I even tried watching it on tv and just couldn't get into it. It wasn't even that the crowds (which were obnoxious) opening night took away from the show. We watched it a few nights later at Spice Road with a Fireworks Package and I didn't think it was great then either. I feel the same way about Enchantment, but more on that later...

Next up, Magic Kingdom, and we finally meet up with the Besties. ❤

Good morning! I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving. Ours was pretty quiet.
Gobble Gobble! Glad it was a good day

his was also the first time in years that we stayed in a park all day. We ran into a ton of Orlando Vloggers, including Tim Tracker for the 3rd time, Nate from Paging Mr. Morrow, Jackie from Super Enthused, and Adam Woo.
Wow! I don't know who most of those people are but cool none the less.

We can't do parks all day anymore. We tried on our one day in Epcot in September and gave up by early evening. Those afternoon breaks really do make all the difference

Harmonious was very unimpressive. We have seen it twice now in person and it honestly doesn't do anything for me.
Such an opportunity missed. Disney music sung in different languages does not equal the spirit of the world showcase. I really am surprised at how much they missed the mark on both shows. I think they figured new technology would make everyone love it, but clearly they do not know what their fans really want.

We can't do parks all day anymore. We tried on our one day in Epcot in September and gave up by early evening. Those afternoon breaks really do make all the difference
I agree. I've never been a fan of being in the parks all day and the older I get the more confirmed this becomes, lol.

Such an opportunity missed. Disney music sung in different languages does not equal the spirit of the world showcase. I really am surprised at how much they missed the mark on both shows. I think they figured new technology would make everyone love it, but clearly they do not know what their fans really want.
It was such a MAJOR disappointment. Both shows were. I don't get how you get rid of HEA after what, 4 years...Disney has made a lot of mistakes lately...Just saying... :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

Harmonious was very unimpressive.
I saw Harmonious twice and I like it. The music isn't as emotional as the Illuminations music was, but I certainly don't miss the seven minutes of the extremely boring section of the old show, when the figures were moving on the giant world globe. At least the Harmonious music matches the pictures on the giant taco shaped things. :)

Good morning! I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving. Ours was pretty quiet. My mom came over and we made way too much food, lol. But, it was nice having leftovers. It was also nice just having a relaxing day at home. Joe and I don't get too many of those so we like to take advantage of them when they happen. This means comfy clothes, lots of tv and cocktails. We just binged You and LOVED it.
Love a nice relaxing day at home with yummy food, great company and cocktails! We binged YOU as well and it was great, if creepy. Do you think there will be a 4th season?
Harmonious was very unimpressive. We have seen it twice now in person and it honestly doesn't do anything for me. I think the mechanical Ursula in the middle of the lagoon is a complete eyesore and the show itself lacks emotion. I hate to say this but I'm just not a fan. I even tried watching it on tv and just couldn't get into it. It wasn't even that the crowds (which were obnoxious) opening night took away from the show. We watched it a few nights later at Spice Road with a Fireworks Package and I didn't think it was great then either. I feel the same way about Enchantment, but more on that later...
I watched the livestream of both shows and was not terribly impressed. I am trying to hold off on full judgement until I see it in person but I am really not sold so far.
Agreed! I don't think they care about what their loyal, returning guests want. They seem to be more focused on the "one and done" guests these days.
I agree. I've never been a fan of being in the parks all day and the older I get the more confirmed this becomes, lol.
Same! I'd much rather enjoy some pool time and beverages. :)
It was such a MAJOR disappointment. Both shows were. I don't get how you get rid of HEA after what, 4 years...Disney has made a lot of mistakes lately...Just saying... :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1
Right???? Not a fan of the direction things are going in at all.

I saw Harmonious twice and I like it. The music isn't as emotional as the Illuminations music was, but I certainly don't miss the seven minutes of the extremely boring section of the old show, when the figures were moving on the giant world globe. At least the Harmonious music matches the pictures on the giant taco shaped things. :)
Joe and I just can't get into it. We tried twice and it's just a no-go for us.

We binged YOU as well and it was great, if creepy. Do you think there will be a 4th season?
Yes. It's already been confirmed!!!!

Agreed! I don't think they care about what their loyal, returning guests want. They seem to be more focused on the "one and done" guests these days.
Isn't that crazy!!!!

Right???? Not a fan of the direction things are going in at all.
I think AP holders need more incentives. We pay a lot to come to the parks and should get x amount of Genie+ per calendar year etc...

Wow I must say I'm saddened to hear about the new shows being so...blah. I have not even tried to watch them on YouTube, I really try to avoid spoiling things ahead of time for myself as much as possible. My next Disney trip is still about 4 months away and I know by then I'll just be happy to be back at the land of Mouse. We head to Florida in just 9 days and while I have a few Disney restaurants booked, and we know we'll be at the Contemporary for at least part of the time for the DVC Owners meeting, I don't plan on doing too much Disney stuff. Of course that's the PLAN...part of me wonders if maybe just maybe we should by a 1 day 1 park ticket and wander EPCOT on Thursday just because I love all the holiday stuff there. Must. Resist.

Love your review of Rose & Crown. I usually just get the Fish and Chips from the Yorkshire right outside instead, but DH is a huge Sticky Toffee Pudding fan so sometimes we go to Rose & Crown so that he can get that.

part of me wonders if maybe just maybe we should by a 1 day 1 park ticket and wander EPCOT on Thursday just because I love all the holiday stuff there. Must. Resist.
DONT resist! :rotfl2: Life is short! Go for tha park day! Epcot is calling you plus Christmas decor and fish and chips:rotfl: Go for a day, go on, go on, go on-you know you want to lol. I want to too :rotfl2:
Love your review of Rose & Crown. I usually just get the Fish and Chips from the Yorkshire right outside instead,
That’s what we always do. Get a couple of fish suppers between us along with some drinks from the pub.

You will definitely add a park day in! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:
DONT resist! :rotfl2: Life is short! Go for tha park day! Epcot is calling you plus Christmas decor and fish and chips:rotfl: Go for a day, go on, go on, go on-you know you want to lol. I want to too :rotfl2:

That’s what we always do. Get a couple of fish suppers between us along with some drinks from the pub.

Not to hijack Jenny's FABULOUS post too much but I just wanted to say....

ENABLERS!

ALL OF YOU!

But I love you all anyway :love: and I especially love how you think because part of me is thinking the same...::yes::but we'll see as there is still that other part of me that says just WAIT until March and it will be worth it!

Looks like I'm 6 pages late to the party, but better late than never, right!?

Love the pictures of your family, and what a sweet way to end your time all together by watching the fireworks on the dock!! Sounds like pure magic :lovestruc

I am really looking forward to seeing Harmonius and Enchantment in person in a few weeks, but from watching online I'm so far pretty underwhelmed. I was really hoping to fall in love with one of them the way I felt about Wishes, but.....looks like I may have set the bar too high!!

Congratulations again on your very exciting Grandbaby news! What an exciting time!

Looks like I'm 6 pages late to the party, but better late than never, right!?

Love the pictures of your family, and what a sweet way to end your time all together by watching the fireworks on the dock!! Sounds like pure magic :lovestruc

I am really looking forward to seeing Harmonius and Enchantment in person in a few weeks, but from watching online I'm so far pretty underwhelmed. I was really hoping to fall in love with one of them the way I felt about Wishes, but.....looks like I may have set the bar too high!!

Congratulations again on your very exciting Grandbaby news! What an exciting time!

:welcome:

Hi Jackie! We definitely have a lot to look forward to.
I was so hoping to fall in love with one of the shows too, but after watching Enchantment again, I dislike it even more. It lacks emotion and I think that's what I'm struggling with.

This morning we slept in. Well, we sleep in just about every morning of our Disney vacations because we just aren't rope droppers...Once we got up and got going, Joe ran down to Roaring Forks and picked up a few cheese danish and coffees to tie us over until lunch. We showered, got dressed, and took the boat over to the MK. To be honest, this is my favorite mode of Disney transportation. It's just always so much more relaxing and not nearly as congested as the monorail and buses (which I loathe). We walked around a bit and then had lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern. Joe and I try to eat here every few months because it's just such a comfort meal. And, who doesn't love mashed potatoes?!?! I know I do!

We were able to get on quite a few rides, including Peter Pan, Little Mermaid, Carousel of Progress, People Mover, and Buzz Lightyear. I hadn't done CoP since I was a little kid, so it was nice to experience this attraction again after such a looooong time. We also stopped for a La Fou's Brew and FINALLY met up with the besties while enjoying some delicious spring rolls (a must-do for us). It was so good to see Steve and @CruellaNY It felt like FOREVER since we had last seen them, which in all actuality was just back in August.

After saying a quick hello to our nearest and dearest, Joe and I decided to head back to the WL. I believe we wanted to swim a little. For the life of me, I can't remember what we did for dinner. BUT, we did meet up with the Besties later that night at Geyser Point and I did the ONE thing I said I wasn't going to do this night...I made some VERY bad choices, lol!

We were able to get on quite a few rides, including Peter Pan, Little Mermaid, Carousel of Progress, People Mover, and Buzz Lightyear. I hadn't done CoP since I was a little kid, so it was nice to experience this attraction again after such a looooong time. We also stopped for a La Fou's Brew and FINALLY met up with the besties while enjoying some delicious spring rolls (a must-do for us). It was so good to see Steve and @CruellaNY It felt like FOREVER since we had last seen them, which in all actuality was just back in August.
CoP is a must do for me every trip. One of my favourites!
After saying a quick hello to our nearest and dearest, Joe and I decided to head back to the WL. I believe we wanted to swim a little. For the life of me, I can't remember what we did for dinner. BUT, we did meet up with the Besties later that night at Geyser Point and I did the ONE thing I said I wasn't going to do this night...I made some VERY bad choices, lol!
Somehow one drink at GP always ends up being more..... :rotfl: :rotfl:

We showered, got dressed, and took the boat over to the MK. To be honest, this is my favorite mode of Disney transportation. It's just always so much more relaxing and not nearly as congested as the monorail and buses (which I loathe).
We love the boat to MK from the WL. It is one of the things that make the WL a great place to stay. :)
We walked around a bit and then had lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern. Joe and I try to eat here every few months because it's just such a comfort meal.
We have been eating lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern every few trips, too. They have my favorite dessert - Ooey Goey toffee cake. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter