Fabulous 50TH Festivities With Friends and Family 3/30/2022 It's a Wrap and Will I Be Back????

Have a great trip!

Yes. We REFUSE to use Genie+.
We are not renewing our AP's at the end of the year.
Our trip was definitely different for sure, especially since we didn't do park hoppers. It all worked out, but I will say a lot of things Disney is doing is certainly making us spend LESS money there and not more. We did Genie+ one day...and it was horrible and that was before the Spring Break crowds. I agree that the Genie+ made the lines so much worse than FP ever did...and it was really frustrating. We spent more time at our resort and less time in the parks. We did have some good meals at least. I am really on the fence about APs if they do end up releasing them for purchase again right now.

Let's get this wrapped up!!!! Our last day in Disney was spent in DS. We had lunch at Homecomin' and Tim was able to join us. It was a delicious meal. Afterward, we walked around a bit, did some last-minute shopping, and then headed to the airport. The flight was uneventful (as far as I can remember) and we got home safely, obviously, lol.

Both of us were so happy to have gotten to experience MK's 50th. It was so wonderful getting to spend so much time with the Besties and getting to meet SO many of you. It truly means so much to us when you take time out of your vacation to say hi. It still blows our minds that so many of you support our channel and care about our lives. We are forever grateful. We truly mean this, thank you.

Final thoughts...I will say that I wish Disney had made the 50th more about the park and less about the merch. There was zero fanfare and that was a bit disappointing. There were no special character meets, no stage show, nothing that made the 50th unforgettable and special. We both feel Disney is more about the money grab these days and less about the guest experience. But, as long as there's a demand, Disney will continue to raise prices and provide less pixie dust. I get it, Disney is a business at the end of the day. It's just disappointing that all the extra perks that made Disney so special, to begin with, now have a price tag slapped on them. The hypocrite that I am will keep going back, but a little less often. We recently rediscovered Universal and would love to go back. We also want to expand our vacationing beyond the Disney parks. Not sure how much I will post here on the DIS going forward (still trying to figure that out). I still have trips from December, January, and March that I'm contemplating writing about. Until that decision is made, thank you again for all your love and support. You can still catch all of our travel adventures and crazy lives over at Jen and Joe on the Go on Youtube. https://www.youtube.com/c/JenandJoeontheGo

Jen xo

1648675725252.png p

1648675749225.png

1648675772806.png

1648675792539.png

Our trip was definitely different for sure, especially since we didn't do park hoppers. It all worked out, but I will say a lot of things Disney is doing is certainly making us spend LESS money there and not more. We did Genie+ one day...and it was horrible and that was before the Spring Break crowds. I agree that the Genie+ made the lines so much worse than FP ever did...and it was really frustrating. We spent more time at our resort and less time in the parks. We did have some good meals at least. I am really on the fence about APs if they do end up releasing them for purchase again right now.
Hi Dina! I just can't continue to support a business to the full extent that I used to, when it's all about the money and less and less about the extras that made Disney so special to begin with. It really makes me sad. I don't think I could ever stop going but I will choose to enjoy other vacation destinations instead of just Disney all of the time. Going back to Universal after 10+ years showed me that there's so much more out there that I want to experience and not have to wait on hold for 4 hours to plan that out. I'm happy you had a good vacation and that you had some awesome meals. The resorts really are great, especially since the parks have become soooooooo crowded.

Thanks for another fun report! I am so glad I got to know you through the Dis and become friends. Of course, I hope you continue writing here but I will definitely keep up with your travels on Instagram and YouTube. You two have to come to Ontario so Bill and I can show you around!

We have decided not to renew our AP at the end of September. Sad but Disney is pricing us out and we also want to explore other areas.
I am renewing our Universal AP for 1 more year.
Hope we get to meet up again someday, maybe it will be at Universal!

Isn’t it sad when diehard Disney fans of the past like yourselves and Caroline are no longer renewing their annual passes because the experience has declined 😢. We will definitely return at least once more simply because of our cancelled 2020 trip but I have to say I priced out the YC ( if I’m going I’m going to stay at my favourite spot lol) and for less money we could get a 7 bedroom luxurious villa with private pool in the Algarve (we stayed there in 2019 )and then some so it is really putting me in a quandary. I’ve no doubt I will go back to WDW at some point and I do want to bring my grandkids in a couple of years when the wee-est one is old enough to survive ( bribe with treats and iPad through) the 8.5 hour flight but I don’t think it will be an annual thing anymore unless prices and services improve 😢.
I will however continue to follow you on all your adventures and look forward to hearing about your travels, the arrival of your baby granddaughter and more of Mama Nella’s cooking. My friends are going to a wedding in Sicily this summer so I’ll make sure they give the old country a kiss from Joe’s mum. 🥰

Last edited:

We totally agree about discovering Universal and realizing there's more we'd like to explore!! We've been to USO four times in the last couple of years, and really had a blast, so we'll definitely be back.

I agree with the others who've commented on how sad it is that Disney is chasing off it's diehard fans with the price gouging as of late. Very sad, but totally their loss!! (and of course, we know none of us will be able to really stay away. We'll just have to DIS in moderation!) :)

Thanks for sharing, as always, Jenny!!!

Thanks for another fun report! I am so glad I got to know you through the Dis and become friends. Of course, I hope you continue writing here but I will definitely keep up with your travels on Instagram and YouTube. You two have to come to Ontario so Bill and I can show you around!
We would love to! Joe has family in Toronto and we talk about coming up all the time.
We have decided not to renew our AP at the end of September. Sad but Disney is pricing us out and we also want to explore other areas.
I am renewing our Universal AP for 1 more year.
Hope we get to meet up again someday, maybe it will be at Universal!
Hi Caroline! Joe and I just don't agree with the changes Disney has made of late. We can't support a business that doesn't value its customers. So, instead of giving all of our vacation money to Disney, they will now only get some...
Isn’t it sad when diehard Disney fans of the past like yourselves and Caroline are no longer renewing their annual passes because the experience has declined 😢. We will definitely return at least once more simply because of our cancelled 2020 trip but I have to say I priced out the YC ( if I’m going I’m going to stay at my favourite spot lol) and for less money we could get a 7 bedroom luxurious villa with private pool in the Algarve (we stayed there in 2019 )and then some so it is really putting me in a quandary. I’ve no doubt I will go back to WDW at some point and I do want to bring my grandkids in a couple of years when the wee-est one is old enough to survive ( bribe with treats and iPad through) the 8.5 hour flight but I don’t think it will be an annual thing anymore unless prices and services improve 😢.
I will however continue to follow you on all your adventures and look forward to hearing about your travels, the arrival of your baby granddaughter and more of Mama Nella’s cooking. My friends are going to a wedding in Sicily this summer so I’ll make sure they give the old country a kiss from Joe’s mum. 🥰
It really is sad Moira. Plus, the parks aren't even fun anymore because they are sooooo crowded. Genie+ and LL make it horrible.
We totally agree about discovering Universal and realizing there's more we'd like to explore!! We've been to USO four times in the last couple of years, and really had a blast, so we'll definitely be back.

I agree with the others who've commented on how sad it is that Disney is chasing off it's diehard fans with the price gouging as of late. Very sad, but totally their loss!! (and of course, we know none of us will be able to really stay away. We'll just have to DIS in moderation!) :)

Thanks for sharing, as always, Jenny!!!
Hi Jackie! We had so much fun at Universal. LOVED not having to look at my phone every ten minutes trying to figure out what to ride. I think Disney has just ruined the park experience with Genie+ and LL.

I will say that I wish Disney had made the 50th more about the park and less about the merch. There was zero fanfare and that was a bit disappointing. There were no special character meets, no stage show, nothing that made the 50th unforgettable and special.
I was very surprised that Disney didn't do anything special for the 50th besides merchandise and decorated cupcakes. ;) The buildup was actually more fun than the actual event.

It was nice running into you and Joe in the lobby of WL. We've met a lot of Dis friends and it always makes the trip more fun. :)

I've been watching your Youtube videos but I also enjoy your trip reports. I hope you keep writing them. :)

I was very surprised that Disney didn't do anything special for the 50th besides merchandise and decorated cupcakes. ;) The buildup was actually more fun than the actual event.

It was nice running into you and Joe in the lobby of WL. We've met a lot of Dis friends and it always makes the trip more fun. :)

I've been watching your Youtube videos but I also enjoy your trip reports. I hope you keep writing them. :)
It was very nice meeting you too!!!!
Just can't decide if I want or have the time to keep up with the TR's anymore. We have so much going on and it's becoming very difficult to fit this part of my life in, lol. But, we'll see...

Hi Dina! I just can't continue to support a business to the full extent that I used to, when it's all about the money and less and less about the extras that made Disney so special to begin with. It really makes me sad. I don't think I could ever stop going but I will choose to enjoy other vacation destinations instead of just Disney all of the time. Going back to Universal after 10+ years showed me that there's so much more out there that I want to experience and not have to wait on hold for 4 hours to plan that out. I'm happy you had a good vacation and that you had some awesome meals. The resorts really are great, especially since the parks have become soooooooo crowded.

I totally understand. People keep asking me how was it...and while I still have some love for the parks, I tell them I would not recommend it for first timers ANYTIME soon with the way things are right now. Sure you don't have to plan as far in advance for some things...but the trad off is definitely the crowds and long lines that have never been what they are right now. We did Universal all of last year using a $200 annual pass and we will probably do it again in 2023 when some new stuff emerges there. It's not the same, but it so much easier to plan. I think about people just trying to maximize first experiences right now as well as people who have issues having to wait several hours online just to get some HELP with those things. How horrible for them. We have been enough times that we know we don't need to do it all, and my only goal this last trip was to ride the newest ride Remy which we did twice. I am hoping we get to ride Guardians when it opens hopefully this summer too. Other than that, we'll definitely enjoy more resort time and external stuff. We had a great time at Top Golf and also playing Disney mini golf too.

We will totally make this happen! :)
That would be so fun!!!
I totally understand. People keep asking me how was it...and while I still have some love for the parks, I tell them I would not recommend it for first timers ANYTIME soon with the way things are right now. Sure you don't have to plan as far in advance for some things...but the trad off is definitely the crowds and long lines that have never been what they are right now. We did Universal all of last year using a $200 annual pass and we will probably do it again in 2023 when some new stuff emerges there. It's not the same, but it so much easier to plan. I think about people just trying to maximize first experiences right now as well as people who have issues having to wait several hours online just to get some HELP with those things. How horrible for them. We have been enough times that we know we don't need to do it all, and my only goal this last trip was to ride the newest ride Remy which we did twice. I am hoping we get to ride Guardians when it opens hopefully this summer too. Other than that, we'll definitely enjoy more resort time and external stuff. We had a great time at Top Golf and also playing Disney mini golf too.
I totally agree Dina. And people who don't go as often as we do just don't know any better. I honestly feel that when the 3rd Universal park opens that Disney will fall behind.

Thank you for sharing your report. I will really miss it if you stop but do understand.

I'm trying to decide if I will renew my AP in May. I'm holding out to find out if DD stay with Disney or ends her journey in June.

Thank you for sharing your report. I will really miss it if you stop but do understand.

I'm trying to decide if I will renew my AP in May. I'm holding out to find out if DD stay with Disney or ends her journey in June.
Thank you. I just don't feel I am able to give it the time it deserves anymore...
The AP just won't be worth it for us going forward into 2023.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter