Fabulous 50TH Festivities With Friends and Family 3/30/2022 It's a Wrap and Will I Be Back????

I only got the chance to view your vlog this morning and I am laughing so hard! Love the debate of whether your Irish enough and yup we know how to start a holiday properly (in the airport pub). Well done Jen on being dry for 6 weeks (time only felt longer because there was no drink :rotfl2: ) and it wasn't even Lent:rotfl:
I am getting caught up this morning on all the vlogs I've not had time to view and gotta say you guys are on a roll! Woody's Lunchbox was so good too. Away now to watch more :goodvibes
Thank you so much Moira! We have so much fun at Disney and love sharing it with all of you.

We haven't been to Boathouse yet. Your meal looked nice. I do want to go sometime but there are too many choices in Disney Springs!
I recommend Wine Bar George as the best restaurant in DS. Boathouse has been consistently good.

I flew out of midway once about 10 years ago....nothing went right and since then I am terrified to fly out of there again! Now I usually fly out of Milwaukee since it is usually less than flying out of O'hare!
We loathe Midway. It's such a hole.

Tim ended up finding us, lol. We walked around and around this super cute resort and couldn't find him anywhere. We even stopped at the pool bar and grabbed a cocktail. He finished his shift and ended up meeting us in our room. He had to drop off some things for us and I had a few things to give him. But, don't worry! This isn't the only time we see Tim during this trip. We actually take him out to dinner the very next night...

Anyway, after getting situated in our room and meeting up with Tim, we had to get ready for our evening plans. We had dinner booked at a restaurant we hadn't been to in YEARS!!!

Next up, dinner. This turned out to be one of our favorite meals of the trip and our service was amazing!!!

But first, cocktails. I started with the Strawberry Gin Fizz, Hendrick's Gin, strawberries, mint, lime juice, and soda water. This was very cold and refreshing and a great way to start off vacation. I can't remember what Joe ordered but it was Bourbon-based and he really liked it.
Oh I had this same thing there and really enjoyed it. Love that Disney is having more and more gin drinks

:rotfl:This picture cracks me up. Not sure I wanna know what is going on

This isn't the only time we see Tim during this trip. We actually take him out to dinner the very next night...
Glad you all got to see Timmy. Hope he is doing well down there

We hate O'Hare more. ;)
That airport is just a pain to get to from our house but we aren't fans either.

Oh I had this same thing there and really enjoyed it. Love that Disney is having more and more gin drinks
I've shied away from gin for a long time (cough) (cough, bad experience). But, just learning to like it again. LOL!

:rotfl:This picture cracks me up. Not sure I wanna know what is going on
We were tipsy, lol!

Glad you all got to see Timmy. Hope he is doing well down there
He's doing so good!!! He was in MK today.

You're trip is going so well. I'm going to try to carve some time to watch the videos.
Aww! Thank you!!!

Dinner tonight was at Trail's End and I hate to say this, but we were a little late. We didn't allow for enough time to catch an internal bus, sigh. Anyway, we finally arrived and had one of the best meals of the trip and for the price, it can't be beaten. I think this meal was $29.99 pp and you can have more of anything that's not considered an add on, like the peel and eat shrimp or the ribs. This meal is served family style and we did substitute the roasted chicken for the fried chicken. Our server was amazing too. She always asked us if it was ok to serve the next part of the meal and was very sweet and efficient. We both agreed that we want to come back for breakfast. We have dined here before but that was a long time ago before Covid was a thing.

After dinner, we did make a stop at AKL. Our oldest son, Matt and his wife were there for a belated honeymoon and we treated them to a snack and drinks at the Victoria Falls lounge. Sorry, we were so busy spending time together that I forgot to take pics. They will show up in some pics a little later on in the trip...

Next up, breakfast at a Disney favorite...

we finally arrived and had one of the best meals of the trip and for the price, it can't be beaten. I think this meal was $29.99 pp
We had dinner at Trails' End during our Sept trip and it was delicious. It was the best value meal of the trip. We had overheard someone say that you could ask for fried chicken instead of the broasted chicken that came with the skillet, and it was delicious. They were running a bus between the Wilderness Lodge and the Settlement bus stop at FW, which was very convenient. :)

We had dinner at Trails' End during our Sept trip and it was delicious. It was the best value meal of the trip. We had overheard someone say that you could ask for fried chicken instead of the broasted chicken that came with the skillet, and it was delicious. They were running a bus between the Wilderness Lodge and the Settlement bus stop at FW, which was very convenient. :)
It was such a good deal and everything about the meal was perfect.

Dinner tonight was at Trail's End and I hate to say this, but we were a little late. We didn't allow for enough time to catch an internal bus, sigh. Anyway, we finally arrived and had one of the best meals of the trip and for the price, it can't be beaten. I think this meal was $29.99 pp and you can have more of anything that's not considered an add on, like the peel and eat shrimp or the ribs. This meal is served family style and we did substitute the roasted chicken for the fried chicken. Our server was amazing too. She always asked us if it was ok to serve the next part of the meal and was very sweet and efficient. We both agreed that we want to come back for breakfast. We have dined here before but that was a long time ago before Covid was a thing.
The food looks delicious! I love cornbread, hushpuppies and pimento cheese. You would almost think I was a southerner instead of a Canadian!
After dinner, we did make a stop at AKL. Our oldest son, Matt and his wife were there for a belated honeymoon and we treated them to a snack and drinks at the Victoria Falls lounge. Sorry, we were so busy spending time together that I forgot to take pics. They will show up in some pics a little later on in the trip...
Victoria Falls is another lounge I really enjoy. So glad it is open again!
I had no idea Trails End was even had peel and eat shrimp. I could eat $30 worth of those alone :rotfl: Looks like a great way to get hoop dee doo like food while we await it opening.
That's what I was thinking! Can't wait to be back at the Hoop!

I had no idea Trails End was even had peel and eat shrimp. I could eat $30 worth of those alone :rotfl: Looks like a great way to get hoop dee doo like food while we await it opening.
Yes! And, I believe it's only a $9.99 add on.

Victoria Falls is another lounge I really enjoy. So glad it is open again!
This was the first time we spent time here and really enjoyed it.

GIA UPDATE!

First off, I apologize for neglecting this TR once again. Life has been CRAZY and I will be posting a real-life update tomorrow on YouTube. Sometimes life throws you a curveball and this was one we weren't expecting but so very excited about. For those of you who don't follow us on YouTube, I will definitely update you all soon...

In other news, I wanted to share with you some pics of Gia from Halloween. We haven't seen her much this past year and have really missed her. We used to post so much about her and wanted to assure you all that she's just wonderful. She started kindergarten this year, lost her first tooth, turned 6 and moved into a new house. She's growing up so fast!!!

This morning, we started with breakfast at one of our favorites, the Grand Floridian Cafe. Joe and I love it here so much and are a bit sad we couldn't get a reservation for December. I guess the news about this hidden gem has gotten out...Anyway, we arrived around 10ish and were seated right away. Joe started with coffee and I started with a cup of tea. I also ordered a glass of freshly squeezed oj, yum! We were also served those delicious biscuits with the citrus butter that we love so much. Our server even brought us extra as soon as we told her how much we loved them. For our entrees, I had the Roasted Tomato and Feta Quiche, with spinach, feta, and roasted tomato baked in a delicate pastry crust. This was a new to me dish and I absolutely loved it. It was all hot and melty in the middle and nice and buttery crisp on the outside. Joe had the Avocado Toast, avocado, fire-roasted tomatoes, and microgreens on multigrain toast. He has had this several times and it was just as wonderful this time around. Service and food were just perfect. Bellies full, we walked around a bit, did some shopping and then headed off to DS.

Next up, we meet up with friends at Hangar Bar AND I find a new favorite drink...

DISNEY / JOFFREY'S COFFEE UNBOXING!

Did you all know this was a thing??? You can have Joffrey's delivered to your front door.

I love Gia's Cinderella costume, especially the shoes. Those look like shoes that are comfortable and you could wear real places. :)

Maybe having breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe is a big Christmas thing in December. I've seen families show up in their best clothes to take Christmas pictures at the GF and at WL.

Your breakfast looks good. I love the fresh-squeezed orange juice. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter