Eyeglasses frames--conservative or bright colors?

Pixiedust34

<font color=blue>It's like I'm stuck in a music ti
I'm 39 and have excellent eyesight, except my night vision is poor. Today I had an eye exam and it was recommended that I get glasses just for when I drive at night. That'll be the only time I wear the glasses, so I won't be wearing them that often.

I had the doctor's assistant help pick a pair of glasses for me. I've never worked with her for myself before, but she's helped dh, ds and dd pick glasses for years and she is great! She knows right away what looks good and what doesn't look good, and she's honest too. If it's not a flattering frame for your face, she'll let you know. It's uncanny how she can look at your face and pick 5 frames out of the whole selection that'll be flattering for each person she helps and that matches each person's style.

We quickly narrowed down our choices to 2 frames, both of which were plastic. One was a conservative brown plastic and the other was a magenta plastic. She said that they were equally good and that either one would be the right style/fit for me. Cost wasn't an issue because they were the same price.

I liked both glasses equally, and I decided to go for the bright pair! If I needed to wear the glasses all of the time, I probably would have picked the brown frames because it would match most clothes better. But, for just night driving, the other frames looked like they'd be fun & funky to wear! Plus, eventually I'll need to wear glasses full-time anyway, so I might as well have the fun pair for now. : )

If you wear glasses, are yours a conservative/neutral color, or are they bright and unique?

I faced a similar dilemma when I first got my glasses a couple of years ago. I opted for the conservative frames - in black - for my regular glasses and went with funky purple frames for my sunglasses.

I have conservative colors usually because I have to wear them every second I am awake! I think if you are just using them for driving you should be fine! Trust your optician, especially if she has done well for the rest of your family!

I have an awesome pair! they are Prada glasses and I have them for reading, they are black on the outside and carmel inside with crystals on the side. They look so nice! I get so many complements on them! sure they were pricey, but I have to wear them so I wanted something nice!

2udzwaq.jpg

I'll be facing this same dilemma soon. I think the frames I have (plastic w/pewter colored metallic) have about had it. I really hope I can find some that are close to the ones I have now because they really look good on me (rectangularish one piece frames--I don't do flimsy wire frames because I tend to break them too easy).

It took me forever to find a pair I really like. Mine are made by Chaps. They are half rimless (bottom half) and the other half is a deep burgundy. It's so deep in color it's almost brown. I like them. I used to wear my contacts a lot. I like my glasses so much now I wear them often. :)

You can always order a second pair in wild or conservative from Zenni for next to nothing!

Mine are frameless. It is because I don't need my facial expression and eyebrow movement obscured when I interpret.

I can't see to drive at night at all - makes me a virtual prisoner.. I am very nearsighted (also have to wear bifocals now)..

I never heard of glasses specifically for people who can't see to drive at night.. Do they really work? If so, I would be one very, very happy person!

I have two pairs - one is turquoise and red, the other is black and yellow - I'm not a neutral kind of gal! Yay for you for picking the fun and funky option!

I have a pair of glasses that are half frame, and the parts that go on the side of your head are black with white vertical stripes in an almost zebra pattern. I love them, and i get lots of compliments on them.

They're pretty funky, but also fairly professional. I'm a med student, so there are times when I need to be professional. I figured next year, when I'm in the hospital, I can get a more conservative pair, but now, when I mostly have lectures, with the occasional need for professional attire, well, nobody can say anything about your glasses.

I've worn glasses from 8 years old, and I've had dark blue, black, brown, and tortoise shell frames. Now I wear contacts :lmao: But I had the coolest sunglasses! Black frames and the arms were a cool black and white pattern...I loved them...

I have frameless and I got mine looooong before palin came to public notoriety. And my frames might actually cost more, let the liberals fry me for that one.

Mine are super bendy and you almost can't telll I am wearing glasses. They come in colors similar to the new nanos but I just have plain silver. They wern't cheap but they have lasted and I think they are classy.

i could be bad judge of this, but go with the funky ones. i work for an optical lab and i've found that the funky ones make you look younger (ask my 55 y.o. mother about her new red glasses) and easier to approach (don't ask me why, but the more unusual your glasses, the more people come up to talk to you). i own 8 pairs of glasses and i get amazing reactions when i wear either my blue, green or purple pairs.

moniqueu's glasses are probably silhouettes. my purple ones are. they come in lots of fun colors. personally, i prefer anything carried by the company R&R. cheap, but funky.

We quickly narrowed down our choices to 2 frames, both of which were plastic. One was a conservative brown plastic and the other was a magenta plastic. She said that they were equally good and that either one would be the right style/fit for me. Cost wasn't an issue because they were the same price.

Are they rectangle in shape and made by Ray Ban??? I love my Magenta colored glasses and I have to wear them ALL DAY LONG. Each side by the ear piece, there is a lilac stripe on the top and bottom of the frames.

DH picked them out for me. I can't see squat without my lenses, so I have to rely on someone else to tell me if they look ok or not. I can't really judge, with my nose 2 inches from the mirror.

I have to wear mine all day long so I got these two weeks ago. They are a little funky, but hey I'm only 35 yet that isn't too old to have some fun. I got the black and white.

glasses.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter