Experiences with Prozac, anyone?

Princesca

<3 Pink sugar heart attack! <3
A loved one of mine is about to start taking a very low dose (10mg) of Prozac to treat depression and anxiety. (Personally, I believe she has adult ADD... but I am not a doctor, obviously.)

I was just wondering if anyone had experience with Prozac, and was curious how it affected your life overall, and if there were any side effects you observed or advice you would offer to someone new on the medicine?

Thanks!

I've been on several different anti-depressants over my lifetime (including Prozac) and I really think it depends on the individual. I've known some people who have had really good experiences with some anti-depressants but not others, and vice versa. Since you're talking about a drug that alters brain chemistry it's only natural to expect it to work differently for everyone.

My only advice to anyone taking anti-depressants would be to be open and honest with their physician and not be afraid to switch to something else if it's not working. (After giving them time to work, of course, some can take a few weeks to kick in). Finding one that works can sometimes be a process so don't give up on it. When they work, they will make worlds of difference!

Thank you! I have never been on anything like that, so I guess I am a little bit nervous about it, though I know a lot of the "horror stories" you read about them aren't true or are overblown.

I've also been on other types , but neve Prozac myself , soon good advice above though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter