Experience with Vacatia DVC Resale

gskywalker

DIS Veteran
https://vacatia.com/
After a month without a response, I received an acceptance of my lowball offer out of the blue. I am apprehensive as it seems like they aren't a broker, won't be like a normal process etc. I am unsure about going forward especially when I doubt the offer will pass ROFR, $92 for AKV, full contract, no banked points.

It is where DVC sends people well maybe not now but was recently:
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/tourism/os-cfb-tourism-column-05232016-20160522-story.html
Its really about your comfort and I know some people say make sure you have a good title company. Not 100% though I never got an responses from those sites so didn't look in to it a ton.

On the contract it shows Jeffrey C Sweet attorney at law, so I assume he is acting as the closing agent. Will see if I can find a review of him online.

Edit: seems like people are pretty positive on him other than he doesn't take credit card for the deposit which would create extra challenges for a Canadian like myself.

Last edited:
It's kind of concerning that website has all the listings as 2018 points, and then the 2019 points available. Uh, what? This isn't like a fixed week timeshare, so that point breakdown matters.

I'd feel fine going through with the agreed transaction though, assuming you use a legit title company. This is an approved seller. The title company matters more than the broker or their website. I wouldn't say I got Disney-level service from Fidelity either, but the job got done.

Vacatia is legit. I don’t think they sell much. But DVC used to send people there who needed to sell contracts fast. Some prices are high for contracts and most are sale pending. $80 pp at Vero Beach for a 350 point contract seems a little high to me. Jeffrey Sweet is good, requested by a lot of people.

Vacatia is legit. I don’t think they sell much. But DVC used to send people there who needed to sell contracts fast. Some prices are high for contracts and most are sale pending. $80 pp at Vero Beach for a 350 point contract seems a little high to me. Jeffrey Sweet is good, requested by a lot of people.
Yeah that would definitely seem high for VB. I just hate putting through another contract knowing that it is pretty much guaranteed disney takes it. $92 a point for a 250 point contract with 250 banked into 2021.

Yeah that would definitely seem high for VB. I just hate putting through another contract knowing that it is pretty much guaranteed disney takes it. $92 a point for a 250 point contract with 250 banked into 2021.
Wish you luck, hopefully it slips by ROFR. It is a great deal.

We have used a few title companies now and Jeffrey Sweet is absolutely the best. He really is night and day compared to other title companies. It doesn’t matter who the broker is, they just match you with a contract, the title company does the work.

Another testimonial. Jeffrey Sweet's office was the title company for my last purchase and they did a great job and were very fast.

Just to add. Jeffrey Sweet is efficient, but most important, their documents are clear and concise and not filled with BS legal ease that make it impossible to understand what you are signing. They are much more professional and transparent than any of the other couple of title companies that people recommend on these boards.

After a month without a response, I received an acceptance of my lowball offer out of the blue. I am apprehensive as it seems like they aren't a broker, won't be like a normal process etc. I am unsure about going forward especially when I doubt the offer will pass ROFR, $92 for AKV, full contract, no banked points.

hi gskywalker,

did you end up proceeding with this contract, i put in an offer through vacatia.com that got accepted today, and I agree, they seem a bit unorganized, or unproffesional. just wondering what your experience was like.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
hi gskywalker,

did you end up proceeding with this contract, i put in an offer through vacatia.com that got accepted today, and I agree, they seem a bit unorganized, or unproffesional. just wondering what your experience was like.

thanks
I am awaiting ROFR. It was sent in Dec 22 or 23( they told me 22 but when i followed up this week they told me it was sent in the 23rd, so I don't know). They are quick to respond so that is good. Definitely a bit different because I didn't even have to put a deposit down to send it to ROFR. Maybe they are just assuming the deal will get taken by Disney, lol, which it probably will.

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally agree- Jeffrey Sweet is definitely the best closing agent out there for DVC. Have used him many times, and always had an awesome experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!