Expedition Everest drops

I didn't realise there was a backward drop i thought it just went round and round backwards. I really didn't like the backward drop on the mummy ride at universal is it similar to that? I could cope with going round and round in the dark but maybe not a big drop.

Thanks for all your replies

In my opinion, yes. The Mummy is a good comparison - in a way. I sort of think EE is Disney's answer to the Mummy, even though they are also very different. Kind of like Men in Black was US' answer to Buzz, and Disney's updated response is the new Toy Story ride. In some ways thery are completely different, in other ways they are very much the same.

There are no flame rooms on EE. You're in a frozen place. :rotfl:
(another reason I thnk maybe it's trying to be the anti-Mummy.)

In my take, the drop in Splash is more bothersome than the forward drop of EE. Maybe because of they way you climb and stop in Splash. Maybe because much of the ride anticipates the drop. Maybe because the EE drop is immediately broken by a climb. Maybe because the new ride technology is SO much better.

I wouldn't say the backwards part of EE is a big drop. To me it's really not as intense because you are in the dark and you can't see it.

EE's story line is so fastpaced. The only real pause is justbefore you backewards - after that the whole thing is more or less a rush.

EE is more intense than BTMRR, but it's WAAAAAYYYY smoother.

One last hint - DO NOT stadn in front of the outside drop of EE before the ride. Just walk up from the Kali River side and go for it! It's only like three minutes of your life, so it's worth trying at least once.

I am the biggest chicken of all about rides with drops. Loops, flips, speed........no problem, but the drop just makes me feel like I am going to die!:lmao: I really do hate it. So can anyone tell me what other rides have intense drops? I have high blood pressure and bad heart palpitations sometimes anyway, so I really don't need to ride anything like that to begin with. TIA for the advice!

I would say avoi of ToT, RnR, EE, Splash Mt., Space Mt. and MS. Also be aware some people aslo have problems on Soarin.

I'm up for EE - except for the Yeti. I've watched the youtube videos countless times and the Yeti always gets me. lol! I really do not like things that jump out at you - could handle it in a show with a gasp etc. Is the Yeti really 'that' bad? Maybe just close my eyes in the mountain???? the ride itself looks like fun!

Go now...we were on today and the Yeti was not working..:goodvibes

Yeti has a crack in the foundation. They are going to remove her to repair it. Was told they will put up a video screen (like the 1st one you see in the mountain) and play another video till it'srepaired. ºOº

I love RnR,ToT,splash (stomach n mouth after drop) BTRR, did soarin last year a was very dizzy and stomach didnt feel so good after had something to eat felt better, but would definately go again. Haven't done EE yet maybe goin for it this year we'll see.

Got on EE just once--all of the drops were fun. But the backward part really got to me--had an intense headache for most of the rest of the day.
Will never get on EE again soley because of that backward portion of the ride.

Hi,

I'm a big chicken when it comes to rides but i do like thunder mountain. I don't like too bigger drops. Can anyone tell me about the drops on Expedition Everest. Are they steep, fast and sharp? Can you see them coming?

If its like thunder mountain i think i could manage it but i like to see the drops coming. How would you compare this ride to thunder mountain.

Thanks so much

Its not the drops that will scare you, its the loop to loop.:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter